Using the fethius and his cohort in regular units

BolterZorro

Hi,

I want to use the fethius and his cohort in regular units AND to be WYSIWYG + legal (in tourneys).

The idea is:

- using the cohort in Blightlord Terminators units. One of the cohort guy need some work. what can I do? what DO I HAVE to do at least, to make them

legal ? (the plaguespewer Blightlord seems illegal and is probably the only one I have to kitbash? but how? and what to do?)

- using felthius: the idea is to make him a Deathshroud Bodyguard. As he already has a scythe, is it immediatly legal? Is using 3 identical fethius legal to have a full unit of Deathshroud Bodyguard ? (yeah, I know, it is a bit sad in the variety department).

Edited by BolterZorro

All you'd need to do with Felthius' retinue is add a melee weapon to the Plaguespewer and find two more Blightlords to make a legal unit.

And Felthius himself is a Lord of Contagion with a Manreaper, so he's WYSIWYG legal already :yes:

All you'd need to do with Felthius' retinue is add a melee weapon to the Plaguespewer and find two more Blightlords to make a legal unit.

And Felthius himself is a Lord of Contagion with a Manreaper, so he's WYSIWYG legal already :yes:

I know that felthius is a LoC. I already have the LoC of Dark imperium. 

But I have the opportunity to have 3 Felthius + cohorts. That means a potential of 3 scythes and 9 terminators. Hence my first post to make the 3 felthius a deathshroud bodyguard unit and all others as termis.

My questions is about make the whole thing legal and WISYWIG. And How (what DO I  have as a mandatory minimum). 

Felthius is on a bigger base is he not? In some tournaments they require things like that, he would need to be on the Death shroud size base (if he's not already, I could be wrong). And you can have one special weapon per 5 terminators, so you can't have 3 flamers. The flamer models need a melee weapon. So you will need 3 melee weapons and 2 non special combi weapons, because with only 9 blightlords you can only take one special weapon. Edited by Putrid Choir

Here are the numbers: 10€ per pack felthius+cohort making 3 felthius+9 termis at 30€. No need to be Enstein to see the nice deal. (one full kit DS/Termi is 45€ at GW, and here you got almost 3!) So, I think it is worth to see deeper. Maybe in the future, I get the real termis and the real deathshrouds. But now, I'm starting DG army, I think that my budget for it has gone far enough.

I just need to know how to do the magic. (What I HAVE to kitbash to play leagal)

I've read that termis can often be nice/usefull "naked" (minimum gear : bolter+CC weapon, is it true?)

Edited by BolterZorro

Yeah but now you need to find power weapons and combi weapons, and the flamer is not a good loadout and I've never seen someone use one. Also, blightlords are only worthwhile with the flail, so you should get one of them. I would only take the blightlords as min 5 or max 10, would never take 9. As a hobbiest I rather have one kit of the actual blightlords (5) than 3 kits of felthius. The models are ugly mono pose and will require a decent amount of kitbashing. But your money and your hobby.

There are some contradictions out there :whistling:

lol. Thx guys. I have already one kit. This is why I was asking myself: what if I had 2 more kits?

In the cohort, you have 2 termis with combi bolter and CC weapon. Zero work, ready as is. This loadout is often plaid. The spewter on the 3rd one can be easily cut. So, I can replace it with whatever available: for example, as soon as I get the full kit, there are :cussload of options. In the meantime, just a sword/axe+combibolter, it is just a few cts of bitz.

3 felthius on the right base (sold with 40mm base, so it's ok) and the deathshroud unit is immediately ready as the scythe is the main weapon for all. Knowing me, I'll get the real kit in the end but in the meantime, I can play. AND that let me have some additional deathshroud with felthius (remember that the deathshroud are monopause no options, so, that makes a 4rth different deathshroud).

The idea behind this is to have a larger rooster at better price with more different miniature.

I see your point.

Here's one more idea, that sets you up perfectly with zero extra cost above your planned 3x Felthi & Co boxes;

Simply not put the plagespewer blightlords on the table. You're not going to have a 10-man squad either way, and you save work and money. Instead of 9, use them as a squad of 5, or perhaps 6.

Now you can either keep one of the plagespewers and give him the melee weapon from one of the bolter guys, or just have the full squad on combi bolters. Will save time when roling your dice, and it might serve you better in general purpose shooting.

Now that you have 3-4 excess figures, you have excess parts! Swap heads and arms around to avoid duplicates! Give helmeted heads to the Felthi copies, and if you're feeling especially creative, you might manage to saw off and swap even more armor pieces, like gut plates and such.

Maybe even go backwards and put schytes in the hands of 2 blightlords, making them the deathshroud models instead.

The heavy plagespewer is a bit large for the job, but you could cut off their nozzles with some length of the barrel, attach it to your converted deathshroud models, and now they're representing the plagespewer gauntlets they're supposed to be armed with.

I should have thought about this sooner. You might just create something respectable looking after all!

3 deathshrouds + 5 termi combi bolters was my first intention because it implies ZERO additional work ;-)

But when I have them all in hand, at this price, it is indeed a great pool of bitz like you say in details, there is infinite potential, especially if I buy with the spare money one kit of termi, which has so many weapons, arms, heads and options.

The felthius are indeed termi. So, basically, can be transformed in regular deathshroud or blighlords or (with bigger base) Lord of contagion, even in chaos lort or sorcerers in terminators armors. I think it is worth the really reasonable amount of money involved ;-)

Edited by BolterZorro

Although it looks to me like a more modern mark of Terminator Armour, you could probably knock together a Lord of Virulence using a Plague Spewer Blightlord from the Tainted Cohort set, with a spare Power Fist from the Plague Marines kit, and maybe some gubbins from somewhere to make the exhausts on the back: 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/oS00mgXKQMqBqwNw.jpg