Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2k strike force, limited options

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

bigtrouble

bigtrouble

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 129 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
This is going to be the list I build around, given the models I will have available, and conversion possibilities. I also should have the chappie and judiciar from indomitus, and a company vets box that i could build in a few varieties. Any thoughts on how this will play, any simple changes like war gear swaps or warlord traits? I have limited build options, but could change a few things. Not looking to spend more on whole kits, just optimize what I have for fun casual play.

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Dark Angels) [77 PL, 1,427pts, 10CP] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Chapter Selection: Dark Angels

Detachment CP

+ Stratagems +

Stratagem: Relics of the Rock [-1CP]: Relics of the Rock

+ HQ +

Librarian [6 PL, 115pts]: 2) Aversion, 3) Righteous Repugnance, Bolt pistol, Force sword, Jump Pack

Master [6 PL, 155pts, -1CP]: 3. Brilliant Strategist, Combi-plasma, Jump Pack, Stratagem: Inner Circle, Thunder hammer, Warlord
. Key of Achrabael

+ Troops +

Assault Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]
. 4x Assault Intercessor: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol
. Assault Intercessor Sgt: Heavy Bolt Pistol

. 4x Assault Intercessor: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol

Tactical Squad [10 PL, 175pts]
. 7x Space Marine: 7x Bolt pistol, 7x Boltgun, 7x Frag & Krak grenades
. Space Marine Sergeant: Chainsword, Plasma pistol
. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Plasma cannon
. Space Marine w/Special Weapon: Plasma gun

+ Fast Attack +

Outrider Squad [6 PL, 135pts]: Outrider Sgt
. 2x Outrider: 2x Astartes Chainsword, 2x Frag & Krak grenades, 2x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 2x Twin Bolt rifle

Ravenwing Black Knights [18 PL, 240pts]
. 5x Ravenwing Black Knight: 5x Bolt pistol, 5x Corvus Hammer, 5x Frag & Krak grenades
. Ravenwing Huntmaster: Corvus Hammer

+ Heavy Support +

Eradicator Squad [5 PL, 120pts]: Eradicator Sgt
. 2x Eradicator: 2x Bolt pistol, 2x Melta rifle

Hellblaster Squad [16 PL, 297pts]: Plasma incinerator
. 8x Hellblaster: 8x Bolt pistol, 8x Frag & Krak grenades
. Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

++ Vanguard Detachment -3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Dark Angels) [28 PL, 572pts, -4CP] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment CP [-3CP]

+ HQ +

Primaris Captain (Indomitus) [5 PL, 105pts, -1CP]: 1. Fury of the Lion, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter

Primaris Lieutenant (Indomitus) [4 PL, 90pts]

+ Elites +

Bladeguard Ancient [5 PL, 85pts]

Bladeguard Veteran Squad [5 PL, 105pts]: Bladeguard Veteran Sgt
. 2x Bladeguard Veteran: 2x Frag & Krak grenades, 2x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 2x Master-crafted Power Sword, 2x Storm Shield

Deathwing Terminator Squad [9 PL, 187pts]
. Deathwing Sergeant
. . Storm Bolter & Power Sword: Power sword, Storm bolter
. Deathwing Terminator: Chainfist, Storm bolter
. Deathwing Terminator: Power fist, Storm bolter
. Deathwing Terminator: Assault cannon, Power fist

++ Total: [105 PL, 6CP, 1,999pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

aura_enchanted

aura_enchanted

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,802 posts
  • Faction: dark angels
The jump captain would be better with a combi bolter then a combi plasma mainly because then he can shoot with the combi bolter cause it's assault and not rapid fire, Also is this just indomnitus glued to dark vengeance.

In addition since we are here, the primaris captain is fairly useless.

Your ranged game suffers from it all being 24" or less and that's going to make it suffer, in addition your basically hitting and hoping on the smash captain to kill anything stronger then a predator tank or a single leman russ.

But at this point it's "functional"

But spending a few dollars would go a long way, a lasback, a gladius when they become available, a venerable box dreadnaught, :cuss just some assault marines would do wonders as then you could make a power fist +eviseractor sqaud and suddenly you have another can opener.

One of the really big problems you'll also face is that the very moment you play a 2k pts game kitchen sinks start crawling out of the wood work. I'm not sure if you can even hope to kill an imperial knight of the Leviathan dreadnaught with this list

dark angles Skitarii , Forgotten Brotherhood

banners 4 sale by someone else on ebay

puppet shows on me

Grand Master Raziel

Grand Master Raziel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 911 posts
  • Faction: Night Angels

I think aura's assessment was a little harsh. I think you have some solutions to bigger problems. That said, he's not wrong about getting more out of the list if you're willing to spend some money. What I think you could really use are some Impulsors. You've got Assault Intercessors, Bladeguard Vets, and Hellblasters who would all benefit from some means of getting them into the action faster than they can get there on their own.

I can't give you advice on how to afford the purchase price, but for points, you could field the first detachment as a Patrol instead of a Battalion and drop the Tac Squad. Maybe also drop the Primaris Lieutenant. I'd rather drop the Bladeguard Ancient, but unfortunately you need 3 Elite choices for a Vanguard.

Also, instead of Brilliant Strategist, I'd recommend you take Master of Maneuver. Rolling to regain CP is going to run hot and cold, whereas having some insurance that you can pull off critical charges is never going to be a bad thing to have. Every time you reroll a charge, you're saving a CP you might have otherwise spent on it.

BHoA_2014_Banner_Artificer.jpg

Profile of the Night Angels

Check out my 40K blog: Crafting Cave Games

bigtrouble

bigtrouble

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 129 posts

Also is this just indomnitus glued to dark vengeance.

100% yes. was an easy way to get back into the hobby.Thanks for the detailed advice!

bigtrouble

bigtrouble

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 129 posts

a venerable box dreadnaught, :

one of the things i am willing to spend on just from the modeling perspective is a relic contempor. if i go that way, go full lascannon or use a fist?

Edited by bigtrouble, 20 September 2020 - 10:39 PM.

aura_enchanted

aura_enchanted

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,802 posts
  • Faction: dark angels
The contemptor is Inn weird spot because with the new imperial armor book coming it's probably getting a points revision. In which case it will decidedly become less good.

This make the redemptor and the Ven dread a lot more appealing which I feel is what they want to do what with the death of the tartaros and cataphract terminators I feel the Horus heresy models are on their way out the door.

The contemptor might stay its unique enough it may just be reboxed or go to online only status. But even so they will probably want to push the flashy new redemptor and invictus over the contemptor.

If u decide u want one then double lascannon or double assault cannon is the way to be. Double autocannons and double plasma is inferior objectively to the deredeo which while it more points is also far and away the better unit for those weapons

dark angles Skitarii , Forgotten Brotherhood

banners 4 sale by someone else on ebay

puppet shows on me

bigtrouble

bigtrouble

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 129 posts
I have been looking at math on the new hellblasters data sheets, and assault with 3 shots is pretty nasty against heavy infantry, and the heavy going to 2D will make them very effective at range without overcharging. I may build the hellblasters half and half, but I think I’m going to wait for the codex to see if there are any rules changes before I build that squad. I will like it to be WYSIWYG.

bigtrouble

bigtrouble

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 129 posts
Reduced the hellblasters to a 5 man squad of heavies. Added the relic contemptor and dropped the ancient. Gave the master a thunder hammer. I think i could have fun building and running this list.

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Dark Angels) [69 PL, 1,300pts, 10CP] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment CP

+ Stratagems +

Stratagem: Relics of the Rock [-1CP]: Relics of the Rock

+ HQ +

Librarian [6 PL, 115pts]: 2) Aversion, 3) Righteous Repugnance, 5. Master of Manoeuvre, Bolt pistol, Force sword, Jump Pack, Warlord

Master [6 PL, 155pts, -1CP]: Jump Pack, Storm shield, Stratagem: Inner Circle, Thunder hammer
. Key of Achrabael

+ Troops +

Tactical Squad [10 PL, 175pts]
. 7x Space Marine: 7x Bolt pistol, 7x Boltgun, 7x Frag & Krak grenades
. Space Marine Sergeant: Chainsword, Plasma pistol
. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Plasma cannon
. Space Marine w/Special Weapon: Plasma gun

+ Fast Attack +

Outrider Squad [6 PL, 135pts]: Outrider Sgt
. 2x Outrider: 2x Astartes Chainsword, 2x Frag & Krak grenades, 2x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 2x Twin Bolt rifle

Ravenwing Black Knights [18 PL, 240pts]
. 5x Ravenwing Black Knight: 5x Bolt pistol, 5x Corvus Hammer, 5x Frag & Krak grenades
. Ravenwing Huntmaster: Corvus Hammer

+ Heavy Support +

Eradicator Squad [5 PL, 120pts]: Eradicator Sgt
. 2x Eradicator: 2x Bolt pistol, 2x Melta rifle

Hellblaster Squad [8 PL, 170pts]: Heavy Plasma Incinerator
. 4x Hellblaster: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Hellblaster Sergeant: Plasma pistol

++ Vanguard Detachment -3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Dark Angels) [32 PL, 697pts, -3CP] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment CP [-3CP]

+ HQ +

Primaris Captain (Indomitus) [5 PL, 105pts]

Primaris Lieutenant (Indomitus) [4 PL, 90pts]

+ Elites +

Bladeguard Veteran Squad [5 PL, 105pts]: Bladeguard Veteran Sgt
. 2x Bladeguard Veteran: 2x Frag & Krak grenades, 2x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 2x Master-crafted Power Sword, 2x Storm Shield

Deathwing Terminator Squad [9 PL, 187pts]
. Deathwing Sergeant
. . Storm Bolter & Power Sword: Power sword, Storm bolter
. Deathwing Terminator: Chainfist, Storm bolter
. Deathwing Terminator: Assault cannon, Power fist

Relic Contemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 210pts]: Cyclone missile launcher, 2x Twin lascannon

++ Total: [101 PL, 7CP, 1,997pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users