Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Anti Necron jungle brigade 2k force

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Level9red

Level9red

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 41 posts
So I, working on a list for a 2k game against a friend s Necrons. I’ve faced them in smaller point games so far and mostly lost, but managed a win in the last game. This is where i am with the list currently and I have just under 200 points spare. I’m wondering what to fill it with. Being jungle themed there aren’t any tanks. I find choices are partially governed by quantum shielding...

HQ:
Company comander WL the command point renewing trait and relic.
Company comander -boltgun
Company commander

Troops:
Infantry squad x9 -no extra equipment

Elites:
Harker
Vet squad - 3x plasma gun, plasma pistol
Vet squad -3x plasma gun, plasma pistol

Fast attack:
Armoured sentinel squad -3x plasma canon
Armoured sentinel -multilaser
Armoured sentinel -multilaser

Heavy support:
HWS 3x mortars
HWS 3x mortars
HWS 3x mortars

Flyers:
Thunderbolt basic amrourment and 6 skystrikes
Thunderbolt basic amrourment and 6 skystrikes

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

++ CRUDIOR ÆTERNO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,149 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons

The best way to kill necrons is weight of fire, be that vehicles or infantry. 

Therefore, you should bring things that can spit out lots of fire with a point or two of AP and a damage characteristic of 1 or 2. I'd recommend heavy bolters, especially with the buff they will be getting to D2. For a 1/6th better chance to ignore, once it hits, you will double your damage against his vehicles w/ quantum shielding. I'd say that's a good tradeoff.

I don't know if you can get them in, but some HWT's with heavy bolters or autocannons may be useful to chew through what your friend brings. 

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts
gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshopgallery_26154_15777_16051.png
Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 2/9/1 wh40k 8th 0/0/0 Kill Team
Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 8th 1/1/0 Kill Team

Level9red

Level9red

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 41 posts
I can add some heavy bolsters instead of the mortar heavy weapon teams.

The thunderbolt fighters have a twin lascanon for non quantum shielded targets and two twin auto canons each plus the 6 skystrikes at s7 ap-2 d3 damage, with most Necron vehicles he has having the fly keyword.

The multilaser sentinels are there for shooting at wraiths with their current 3++ save. Will be glad when it’s a 4++.

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,214 posts
  • Faction: Eagles Eternal
Add some heavy weapon teams to your infantry squads. Heavy bolters and you can still move forwards and use the weight of shots to get hits.

That would be 90 points,

You could also get another vet squad. You could also outflank 3 special weapon teams for 1 CP.

You can get another 4 armored sentinels.
USMC based Space Marines, the Eagles Eternal check out their WIP blog at The Eagle Spire
gallery_45765_12339_49118.pngETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users