So what is the end of Garro?

Scribe

What's the arc actually about? Old old fluff said he may have fallen to Nurgle after the Heresy, I actually built a model for him then in a small Nurgle marine force.

What is his relevance now though, and is his story done or known?

I’m at work so I cannot confirm. But in the Horus Heresy artbook that went over the Horus Heresy from start to finish, there was a piece of art and it was called, forgive the hazy memory: “Daemon Name (I cant remember) Doom of Heroes or something like that. The card looks like a Daemon laying the smack down on a Marine that looks like Garro.

I could be misremembering it. But that has always stuck in my mind that Garro isn’t walking away from Terra.

I’ll double check tonight.

Yes, I think it may have been 3rd Edition codex. He was described as being in Black power armour, with a Fly Icon? I think.

Or was it the Index? That would make more sense.

I never read flight. Thanks though!

Back in the Index it was like "Some say he became the Lord of Flies" which happens to someone else. Or that he "dedicated his life to finding the cure for their pestilence", which again someone else takes up. Or that he languished in prison with the rest of them (mixed bag, there). Or that he continued to fight in an elite unit against the Death Guard and all their works, appearing and disappearing like grey ghosts.

As an interesting aside, one of the events in the latest DG codex timeline was The Eisenstein itself appearing as a ship of ill omen.

The old Garro lore is very interesting and open-ended, with a bunch of curious fates

I fully expect it to be butchered by Black Library

Would love to see a Garro vs Typhus duel on Terra, Typhus getting a major kicking but Morty saves Typhus, but hesitates a moment in letting Garro kill Typhus, Nurgle compelling Morty to save Typhus against his will. Would tie up things nicely for Morty, the son he loved he killed the one who plots against him he has to save. Add some gravitas and tragedy to a family affair... 

I feel bad for all the other loyal Death Guard that he brought with him, they've spent the last 8 years sat in prison on Luna right? I can't remember the numbers but it was at least a companies worth.

They've probably been forgotten about, which is I suppose also very 40k.

They feature in Buried Dagger as being prepared to fight in the Siege, Garro and Loken looking over them from the battlements. Not sure if they are mentioned directly in Saturnine, will need to read through it again to check.

In the last HH novel, when Malcador sent his chosen knights errants to Titan to prepare for the wars to come, Garro refused. He visited Keeler who told him she will have need of him soon, but not yet, so Garro, after briefly remarking on the novelty of being his own master, went to look how to make himself useful for the time being. One more of the knights decided to follow him... I think it was Rubio, the ex-ultramarine librarian?

If the Siege of Terra series doesn't leave us hanging, I'm pretty sure we'll learn what becomes of him. Maybe he was different in the old fluff, but in his current persona he's so pure, it'd be impossible for him to fall to chaos.

Garro is present with the nine astartes when they are gathered by the Sigilite.  He is not however asked to join them to found the future Grey Knights.  This did pain me as i predicted it would happen.  He is released from his service, but allowed to retain his privilege.  Loken refused the offer to be a Grey Kight,  and followed after Garro, taking up Rubio's discarded force sword. 

I feel bad for all the other loyal Death Guard that he brought with him, they've spent the last 8 years sat in prison on Luna right? I can't remember the numbers but it was at least a companies worth.

They've probably been forgotten about, which is I suppose also very 40k.

They feature in Buried Dagger as being prepared to fight in the Siege, Garro and Loken looking over them from the battlements. Not sure if they are mentioned directly in Saturnine, will need to read through it again to check.

the 70 play a significant role in the defense, in Saturnine.  Turns out Dorn was willing to allow loyalist from traitor Legions, Black shields and the shattered to play their part. 

Spoilers.....

He’s in saturnine, he’s leading a small strike force with loken leading another under the saturnine wall where he has a fight with abaddon and would of killed him but abaddon is saved by teleportation.. that’s the most current story he’s in

So alive and loyal so far

While I'm not up to date with most of the Knights Errant stuff, as far as I know Libertas was just a fancy-as-hell power sword, there was nothing supernatural about it.

Certainly not the case anymore. I seem to think (I tried to power through the book as my opinion on it was noted previously) something about it even being stuck in rock?