The Crimson Hand - Corpse Grinder Cult

GrimmDark

Greetings all. 

After coming out of lockdown, my local club has a few members wanting to try out Necromunda, so here I am. I bought the 2017 starter set but never got around to really doing much with it, and I've yet to play a game. 

I chose the Corpse Grinders for this project, thought I'd share them here. 

50368940226_36fe69100d_c.jpg

You may notice a few conversions. I hate the majority of the juve heads, so those weird cages had to go. I also had a crack at building myself a cult icon; 

50322885976_2aae39cea6_c.jpg

I also started working on my colour scheme. I wanted to go really dirty black and after painting up some monochromatic adeptus titanicus stuff, I thought I'd see what else I could do with that theme. 

50369099112_0d65860dae_c.jpg

Obviously still need to add copius amounts of gore to them, and I'm thinking of trying out some weathering powders on the bases. 

List wise, they're all armed with heavy chain cleavers, the rotary saw, cult icon, and the juves have bone swords, pistols and smoke grenades. I know lots of the axes aren't the specific heavy cleavers, but rule of cool and variety win out.. if they're all heavy and I pay the points, I hopefully won't see any issues.

Looking forward to learning the rules and finishing these, as well as expanding. C&C welcome

Thanks for looking!

Good job on the Corpse Grinders! Fantastic miniatures!

Thanks mate! 

Made some more progress last night. Still got some details to go - but they're at gaming level now. 3 Juves to paint and then I'm ready to start!

50371981702_8991ba4ffd_c.jpg

Thanks for looking - C&C welcome

Again - awesome paint jobs. If you feel up to it, I would love a "how to Corpse Grind" step-by-step. I intend to get myself a copy of Dark Uprising, when Black Friday comes around; as I would like some Zone Mortalis terrain, Palanite Enforcers and the Cult :-)

Oooh, I like those axes, makes them "pop" quite nicely!

Thanks! Exactly what I was hoping for. 

Again - awesome paint jobs. If you feel up to it, I would love a "how to Corpse Grind" step-by-step. I intend to get myself a copy of Dark Uprising, when Black Friday comes around; as I would like some Zone Mortalis terrain, Palanite Enforcers and the Cult :-)

Thank you! Yeah, I can definitely look at putting together a guide when I build more up. Stay tuned!

Fantastic use of an accent colour in an otherwise restricted palette.

Great work GrimmDark. :thumbsup:

-Ran

Thank you very much! 

I must commend your efforts. The Corpse Grinders look intimidating as hell.

Thanks a lot! 

Fingers crossed I can get some games in with them soon!

Edit;

For anyone interested, this is the list I'm going to start playing with - 

https://yaktribe.games/underhive/gang/the_crimson_hand.135287/

Edited by GrimmDark

Great skin tone on that Juve!

Thank you! 

I've finished the gang for now, think I can still find some more details to add but for gaming purposes they're done

50385621713_c71fa17d11_c.jpg

I still have some Grinders on sprue I'm not sure what to do with, and I know I want to build my own Harvest Lord instead of ordering from FW. Eager to play some games now. Will also look at making a guide because I've been asked a few times across sites how I painted them up now. 

Thanks for looking! 

C&C welcome

-Ran

So much this. Incredible job on keeping the minis dark and grimy, but contrasting that wonderfully with the skintone and the bright pop of the color on the axes. 

-Ran

So much this. Incredible job on keeping the minis dark and grimy, but contrasting that wonderfully with the skintone and the bright pop of the color on the axes. 

Thank you! 

I'm still looking for ways to add larger amounts of gore without it being OTT and looking for ways to expand the gang. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hate to semi-necro this Necromunda thread, but GrimmDark.... How'd you do the skintone on those Grinders?

I love it because it looks like these dudes have never seen anything brighter than a half-dead lumen.

Also, how'd you make the Corpse Grinder Cult icon?

Edited by Gederas

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The corpse grinders aren't really my thing, but you did a great job.

Cheers!

No idea how I haven't gotten some of these dudes yet (those dumb juve heads most likely) but I love the oily blancheque style here! very Doom vibe

Have you tried using SM reiver heads?

Your titanicus stuff is fantastic as well, you really have this palette and style down!

Thanks a lot! I haven't tried any reiver heads, but I love this bits so may have to in the future. 

Great color scheme. Love the dark muted colors

Thanks!

Hate to semi-necro this Necromunda thread, but GrimmDark.... How'd you do the skintone on those Grinders?

I love it because it looks like these dudes have never seen anything brighter than a half-dead lumen.

Also, how'd you make the Corpse Grinder Cult icon?

Thanks! I will do a video at some point when I paint more, but the colours are Vallejo Ivory and Light Flesh mixed together, with more Ivory mixed in for highlights, eventually pure Ivory before a white extreme highlight.. then various purple, red and green inks water down into the muscle lines, knuckles, pipe parts etc and streaking grime over the top.

Cult icon is a random banner I found in my bits box (possibly flagellants? Not sure sorry!) with a zombie standard bearer body on the top, green stuff straps and some chaos marine spiked skulls for the very top.

A bit late to the party but damn, these are some lovely grim-looking Corpse Grinders! The use of yellow for the weapon casings and pale fleshtones to make the models "pop" a bit is great. :thumbsup:

Any more plans for Necromunda?

Thanks a lot! 

I still haven't managed to play a game thanks to lockdowns and work schedules, but I've been recently planning on padding them out a little. I'm looking at getting some Gerreks Reavers soon to do some conversions for my favourite cannibals, and I definitely want to build an ambot.

I've made a little progress. 

First, some group shots; 

50968604223_d445a0259f_c.jpg

Leader and Cult Icon

50969307496_b0f4046252_c.jpg

Assorted choppy boys

50968604243_801cb09581_c.jpg

Juves... will have to do some more with flamers at some point! 

50969311556_b2ce1744cc_c.jpg

A WIP member.. he's not in my 1000 credits list but I'm sure there will be room for him before long when my country allows me to play. 

And finally;

50966454707_74b393873f_c.jpg

I plan on getting an Elegoo Saturn resin printer when I get my tax return in April. Mainly for D&D uses but I couldn't resist these sculpts to add to my gang. I haven't bothered supporting most of the hands and heads as I plan on using my bits box for those. 

Thanks for looking! C&C welcome. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Corpse Grinders look intimidating as literal hell. Excellent works.

Thanks mate!

Good to see you're still going strong with these: fantastic work! :thumbsup:

Thanks very much! I got super busy with work but it's good to be back making progress. 

I've never been a big fan of the Corpse Grinder minis, but your paint job has me warming to them. Keep up the good work!

-Ran

Thanks a lot! 

Sooooo I got a printer early. 

51012238087_3ffd342a28_c.jpg

51012144856_93f746e164_c.jpg

A couple of little mishaps with support removal, but two new grinders are in the works... 

Thanks for looking, C&C welcome