Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Drop Pods for Contemptor Incaendius

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,414 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
No Dedicated Transport option is listed for the BA Contemptor Incaendius. Can you purchase a Anvillus Dreadclaw, Kharybdis Assault Claw, or Lucius Dread Pod to put one in?

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

ShadowCore67

ShadowCore67

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 364 posts
RAW the Anvillus can't because it's transport capacity has a specific list of dreadnoughts it can transport.

RAW the kharybdis can, as it's transport capacity simply says one dreadnought.
  • Quixus and Indefragable like this

The Scorpion

The Scorpion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts

Isn't this the same issue as with the Mhara Gal tainted Dreadnought?

The Ironic Warrior

The Ironic Warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 214 posts
  • Faction: IV, XVI, Daemons, Necrons

Nope the Incandeus cannot get in any drop pods - the FAQ on the drop pods has refined the list of things that can get in and they are very specific (differentiating between contemptors and contemptor cortus dreadnoughts). It's OK though, you've got a jump pack so you don't even need one...

• Indefragable likes this

Like me on my Facebook Page Ironic Warriors

Follow me on Instagram @Ironicwarriors

Spagunk

Spagunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,098 posts

Nope the Incandeus cannot get in any drop pods - the FAQ on the drop pods has refined the list of things that can get in and they are very specific (differentiating between contemptors and contemptor cortus dreadnoughts). It's OK though, you've got a jump pack so you don't even need one...

Unless you're saving the pack for assaulting...

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_40907_9492_4019.gifgallery_62972_10568_7658.jpggallery_62972_10568_31437.jpg

I am on Instagram now! Follow me at https://www.instagra...warhamsandwich/

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,166 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

All contemptor chassis' have Fleet though, which gives you some re-rolls for run and charge moves.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Spagunk

Spagunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,098 posts

All contemptor chassis' have Fleet though, which gives you some re-rolls for run and charge moves.

True, however...

"If activated during the Assault

phase, the booster pack allows the Dreadnought to roll 3D6 to determine its charge range, ignoring
all other models and terrain freely."

AND can use fleet with that. So up to 18" charge moves, re-rolling a die with fleet. That's a massive bonus in the charge phase.

Edited by Spagunk, 15 October 2020 - 07:06 PM.

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_40907_9492_4019.gifgallery_62972_10568_7658.jpggallery_62972_10568_31437.jpg

I am on Instagram now! Follow me at https://www.instagra...warhamsandwich/

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,414 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Thanks for the replies, all. My thoughts were as @Spagunk mentioned, trying to have my cake and eat it to...getting him on the board fast and reliably yet also having some explosive mobility.

Oh well. 

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users