Mini Toy's n That

Lord_Borak

Well, been a while but I've been working on a Necromunda project for someone else! But now that that it done I can plink away with some tiny God Engines :biggrin.:

I've finally finished off my Buzz Saw Reaver. Quite happy with the printed Saws! Quite like the name "Cor Ruptor" or "Heart Breaker" in low Gothic.

WRqRQRn.jpg
Zal4cNL.jpg

I also managed to pick up a Warbringer off Ebay for a measly £18. It wasn't well made and was covered in thick paint but nothing some Methylated spirits and some anger couldnt solve. I've been toying with the idea of making a Non-Nemesis version for ages. So I took the plunge. There's an awful lot of work still to be done and it is just the main shape in most places but it's getting there.

cAFX0eC.jpg
LRSpJH2.jpg
Edited by Lord_Borak

Ive been thinking a lot about what a non nemesis warbringer would look like too, and I keep coming back to a four weapon design as well. Though I think it would be a good chassis to resurrect the classic beetle back design of the warlord.

What’s your thoughts on weapons? I’m thinking warlord carapace options with reaver arm options

Thanks guys :biggrin.:

Hah, I was considering doing something like the beetle-back carapace as I was doing it but chickened out. I should be much of a job to shrink down one of the many 3D files that are out there to fit the Warbringer.

As for Weapons, well, the Warlord weapons look a bit big on a Warbringer...

b9qsAon.jpg

aWlvqv1.jpg

nPUOmFV.jpg

V94tvyC.jpg

I forgot to take pictures of the completed back. The GS has painted up pretty well but it's still massively WIP!!

WDr5iAK.jpg

Dwcxjwr.jpg

So, with that in mind I'd probably limit it to Warhound weapons. Such as the Vulcan and Turbo laser. I might even cobble something up from the left over Warmaster missiles as they're a good size.

Now I just need rules to use him!! Anyone fancy making some up? :D

Edited by Lord_Borak

Very nice. The only issue with using warhound weapons is that the PBG is insanely powerful. A paired set would be devastating.

The rules could be pretty simple. Essentially it’s just a warbringer with a warlord carapace weapon. Maybe it should now be allowed reaver melee weapons. I wouldn’t make it any faster, as that would just make it a better Reaver.

Edit: if the warlord versions of those guns look wrong then maybe you could convert some smaller ones for it. Reaver missile launchers might look good. However, Reaver guns are designed to have their base set into the recess on a reaver’s back. I always think they look a bit wrong when sticking far above the mount.

I’ve got a warbringer in a box and I’m quite tempted to try and build one of these myself. The plan is/was to make an ARV but this is very cool.

Edited by Mandragola

Thanks!

I was mainly thinking Mega Bolters, Turbo lasers, Flamers (because why not) and a variety of Missile. I think paired AML would be too much but maybe that's just me? I was thinking a version of the Warmasters shoulder missiles. Speaking of Warmaster shoulder weapons, what about mini Melta Cannons :biggrin.:

Plasma Blastguns, whilst they WOULD be awesome. They'd be too awesome. So, yeah, we'll leave them out :sad.:

There doesn't need to be any changes to the actual rule of the titan itself. Just a change to it's Carapace weapon and, as you said, maybe allowing it to have Reaver Combat weapons as well?

Go on. Make one. You know you want to ;) 

Edited by Lord_Borak

I hadn't thought of using the mini guns from a Warmaster. That's a fun idea, though it would require a bit of effort. The great thing about Warlord carapace guns is that you could just use them with no changes required.

I don't think apoc launchers would be problematic, personally. They're roughly equal to VMBs overall, once you factor in their range vs the VMB's extra shots and rapid. If you only went with the piddly Warmaster ones then you've basically got a Reaver AML with 6 shots and a corridor arc, which isn't that impressive.

The awkward thing about the Warmaster armpit guns is that they vary in power, rather spectacularly. The melta is basically half as effective as the plasma gun (or worse), for example. Actually, banning the plasma gun helps resolve this issue somewhat.

Thinking about it, I've magnetised my Warmaster's armpit guns. If I was doing this I could potentially make some sort of mounting to have a couple of them pointing out of the Warbringer's carapace somewhere. So it would look like the majority of the gun was internal, as on the Warmaster.

Thanks!

I was mainly thinking Mega Bolters, Turbo lasers, Flamers (because why not) and a variety of Missile. I think paired AML would be too much but maybe that's just me? I was thinking a version of the Warmasters shoulder missiles. Speaking of Warmaster shoulder weapons, what about mini Melta Cannons :biggrin.:

Plasma Blastguns, whilst they WOULD be awesome. They'd be too awesome. So, yeah, we'll leave them out :sad.:

There doesn't need to be any changes to the actual rule of the titan itself. Just a change to it's Carapace weapon and, as you said, maybe allowing it to have Reaver Combat weapons as well?

Go on. Make one. You know you want to ;)

This is a great conversion! I agree that the rules should be pretty straightforward, and personally I’d keep it without melee options, it helps differentiate it and I’m not sure they’d look great on the Warbringer arm mounts?

One word of warning if your seriously considering flamers on the top deck, if they’re ‘carapace’ traited, they will literally never get to fire against anything smaller than Scale 9! But arguably, liquid flame would fall downwards? So maybe tweak the rules so Inferno Guns don’t have the Carapace trait!

Edited by General Zodd

General Zodd.

Thanks man :biggrin.: Its more what a Warbringer would have rather than anything. I wanted it to 'make sense'. Warlord weapons on top would certainly be awesome if you guys are happy it would make sense and that the Warbringer Chasis would support the weaponry. As for Combat weapons, yeah, Reaver fists don;t have much reach and wouldn't even reach past a Warbringers head so wouldn't be much use lol. I'd probably look at making something new to represent the same things.

Mandragola,

It probably wouldn't be hard to make a single 'mount' or turret type thing that a Warmasters weapons could fit into. I'm sure I saw the weapon joint as an STL on Cults not so long back. A couple of those, a turret to mount them in and you're flying!!

Small update. I've printed some Gatling blasters at 90-something-ish% and they work pretty well and are pretty much the same size to the Reaver versions anyway. What say you?

HiBfVvQ.jpg

y0yglHM.jpg

Edited by Lord_Borak

Yeah, I think that is perfect size. The warlord ones are a bit odd scaling anyway (body is way bigger than a reaver gat, but barrels are shorter). So might consider creating something new for it or going with want you already created. I think reaver Missiles/ turbo lasers/ Vulcans would look great there as well, but as Mandragola said you need to find a better way to connect… I’m definitely going to play with this idea quite a bit though. If the bicep of the reaver CCW arm was a tad longer it might look right in a warbringer body

In terms of connectors, the Warlord ones work well. If you were prepared to sacrifice a set of Warlord laser blasters (which are pretty bad on a Warlord, and which you may have too many of) you could use their mounting thing. Or it looks like you could just print one, of course.

I think the Warlord apoc launchers look good and warlord VMBs would look good. They seem a bit small on a Warlord but scale quite well on a Warbringer. Here's a very basic mock up.

52011479943_27a096a2b4_c.jpg

I did try the Reaver Buzz saw arm on it and that actually worked pretty well in all fairness. But the stock Reaver weapons are too short. It mainly falls down to what the Warbringer was designed for. It seems odd that Reavers, Warlords and even Warmasters have Close Combat weapons that they'd then leave the Warbringer as a purely fire support titan.

Not a bad shout actually Mandragola as I have about 6 of those laser Blasters lying on sprues looking for a purpose. The VMB do look the best on him I think. Although these Gatling blasters have certainly grown on me now that they're painted. Id lso like to say that the blue on your Warbringer is incredibly nice.

I've finished the sanity testing Diamond pattern on him and I think, other than some neaten up bits, he's done other than the base. Speaking of the base! Any suggestions?

DLpIm1R.jpg
SBh7IKy.jpg
VnlQOF3.jpg

Malika, I'll give those Cacti designs a twirl!! It'll save me sculpting them that's for sure lol

Mandragola, Thanks mate! :D I'm quite chuffed with him myself. Especially for a rescue job off ebay. I did doubt myself once I applied the saw but I'm gad it worked out in the end. And, yes, showing my age with the Cacti there. 

My Titans for Legio Cariosus are named thus...

Warlord - 
Domina Ferrea (The Iron Lady)

Reavers - 
Sordidum Senem (Dirty old Man)
Ferrum Meretrix (Iron Whore)
Fallo Amans (Jilted Lover)
Cor Ruptor (Heart Breaker)

Warhound - 
Trux Animalis (Filthy Animal)

Warbringer - 
Fragmentum acervus (Scrap Heap)

So something a bit like that?

• 2 months later...

Good Lord. Has it really been almost 3 months since I updated this  :o Time flies when you're manically busy eh?  ::)

Finally managed to apply some paint to some miniatures. I had painted these warhounds back in April and it's taken me THIS LONG to find the time to finish the weapons, bases and decals. 

h7xJYU8.jpg
V1RrFWz.jpg
dQjIaam.jpg
VaIGnJR.jpg
TIOs94I.jpg

In other news I've been bullied into doing a World Eater Force for this silly new Horus Heresy Game. So I may well be quiet for a while (as if a 3 month break wasn't quiet enough). Silly 28mm models distracting me from the awesomeness of 6mm stuff!!

These are really nice. I think the plasma glow you've achieved looks really good. You must have a decent-sized Legio by now. 

If I can make one suggestion it would be that they almost look too clean. I'd imagine titans running through deserts to kick up a lot of dust, which you'd see on their lower surfaces. I'd consider some light weathering powder on the feet and shins.

• 3 months later...

Had a couple of games against a mate of mine. Highlight of this game was my Warhound charging a Warlord and doing the last Critical to its head which then promptly fell on said Warhound. But the Warhound lived!! Just! But just is enough :D

K0rhB7v.jpg
b8r0vbj.jpg
0ntUtih.jpg
rx5aqjo.jpg
xRqZCpS.jpg
FrFXplT.jpg
nhHFe7a.jpg
WM8Z0zq.jpg
1CiE91o.jpg
QLus74I.jpg
GgL7ODI.jpg

Had another game at Warhammer world with my White Titans, including the Warmaster. The Warmaster is certainly a beast and was very fun to use. More for the psychological impact it had. Stepping through the dust cloud of my Warlord going Super Nova in front of it to obliterate an opposing warlord in one phase was awesome.

Id best find time to paint these Grav and Volkite weapons.