New codex and Void dragon

angrom

• 2 weeks later...

I think people are generally disappointed with the lack of fluff for everything in the codex, but yeah this one in particular really deserved more. I'm surprised that they didn't put more effort to boost sales; it's a gorgeous model but it seems either weaker or at least not stronger than the nightbringer, and there's barely any fluff. It feels like different GW teams didn't coordinate themselves.

Still, gorgeous model.

Yeah, haha my biggest gripe above all is the lack of fluff. Strange that we get more fluff in the articles than the codex. Would love to read more about the silent king and void dragon, I miss the unit descriptions and the 2-4 pages of skirmishes and encounters. Most of all...I want to know why the largest slab of blackstone resides in the monolith and does nothing for anti-psyker. 

I did find the C'tan section cool in the current Codex. Enigmatic and fairly unreliable but full of character. The Void Dragon is the greatest? What quality, or in what context? The Outsider is still whole? Or is he?

Brilliant.

Is anyone else thinking of getting this model but then converting it into a different Ctan? I think I could model on a grim reaper style robe and add a scythe blade to the spear thing, to make Nightbringer. The Deceiver would "just" need a new head from somewhere, and I guess to lose the spear entirely.

I think this guy fits in way better with the rest of the range, and the current fluff. The original models of the deceiver and nightbringer were from before they were enslaved shards. As a result they're lacking stuff like the canoptek thingy on the void dragon's back, which I really like. Those details make the model look like it's part of the necron army (albeit unwillingly), rather than some weird guy who just happens to hang out with them.

Scale is a bit of an issue. But presumably the new model is more "correct" than the old one was.

I think it's a slight shame they didn't make this model adaptable to be any of the currently known Ctan. If you look at kits like the new mega gargant, this is something they probably could have done without too much trouble.

I did find the C'tan section cool in the current Codex. Enigmatic and fairly unreliable but full of character. The Void Dragon is the greatest? What quality, or in what context? The Outsider is still whole? Or is he?

Brilliant.

The dragon is the greatest and leaps above the nightbringer for one reason and one reason alone.......TAIL ATTACK! POW! :teehee: