What “Cash Grabs” would you like to see?

Roomsky

• 3 months later...
I feel like there's a lot of potential for a Traitor Guard or Chaos Cult novel/series. It would answer the question on many people's minds: "What drives an everyday person to turn their back on humanity and worship/serve evil gods?" I feel a lot of intrapersonal drama could be derived from that especially if the protagonist is sympathetic.

As this thread got resurrected and I did say this on earlier page kind of but...

If BL want to knowingly fleece my wallet and get me to pay again for things I have already bought before (ie a cash grab) then...

Re-release all the Eisenhorn and Ravenor books in Hard Back with cover styles that match the forthcoming re-release of Pariah and the new release Penitent.

They would look very nice on my shelf!

Edited by DukeLeto69

As this thread got resurrected and I did say this on earlier page kind of but...

If BL want to knowingly fleece my wallet and get me to pay again for things I have already bought before (ie a cash grab) then...

Re-release all the Eisenhorn and Ravenor books in Hard Back with cover styles that match the forthcoming re-release of Pariah and the new release Penitent.

They would look very nice on my shelf!

I feel like that's one of a few series that would sell like crazy if given a hardcover release. For Abnett alone, it would be nice to be able to get Gaunt's Ghosts fully in the modern hardcover style.

I would go for a return of selected (very selected) Horus heresy books in the style of the siege books. They did Horus Rising a while ago and then didn’t do anymore. I would definitely go for a dozen key books to reread and shelve. It would take a bit of editing probably to make it fit and I’ve no ideas how you could choose 12 but I would be keen to see it happen.

I would go for a return of selected (very selected) Horus heresy books in the style of the siege books. They did Horus Rising a while ago and then didn’t do anymore. I would definitely go for a dozen key books to reread and shelve. It would take a bit of editing probably to make it fit and I’ve no ideas how you could choose 12 but I would be keen to see it happen.

I would actually love to see this being done, especially as someone who missed 1st edition of hardbacks and refuses to pay for piss-poor quality PODs editions.

They could do something similar like they to with POD, have the remaining 53 books up for vote and let community to choose top 12, or whatever number they would decide to go with.

Just don't put those metallic emblems on the front page, I can't stock the books easily next to each other now.

Edited by theSpirea

I would actually love to see this being done, especially as someone who missed 1st edition of hardbacks and refuses to pay for piss-poor quality PODs editions.

They could do something similar like they to with POD, have the remaining 53 books up for vote and let community to choose top 12, or whatever number they would decide to go with.

Just don't put those metallic emblems on the front page, I can't stock the books easily next to each other now.

Without the little emblems they wouldn’t be the same books, and I would rage for weeks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Fabius Bile omnibus

Battle of the Fang/Wrath of Iron reprints

Jarnhammer trilogy reprints/omnibus

The Lords of Silence #2 and maybe a #3

Vaults of Terra #3 and Watchers of the Throne #3 (duh, but I would end them both there)

Jaghatai Khan Scouring-era novel by Chris Wraight capping off the best and most consistent body of work pertaining to a primarch

Some kind of Chris Wraight Adepta Sororitas series

Sevatar Scouring-era novel by ADB

Black Legion series actually going beyond the First Black Crusade

Iron Cage Scouring-era novel by John French

Second Ahriman trilogy or at least a sole novel pertaining to Necron chronomancy (rebuilt Credence or we riot)

Third Ahriman trilogy pertaining to the Black Library

Horus Primarchs novel set during the Interex War by Dan Abnett

Reprints of all the Dark Coil novels/stories and much more publisher support for the Dark Coil in general

Stuff I'd like to see in the next five years for my favourite authors

Technical manuals

Drawing big writers to the IP and letting them loose within their own sandbox - what would Gaiman's 40k be, Ta-Nehisi Coates's intepretation, Alastair Reynolds, and so on - or up-and-coming authors like Revan Leilani or other 'gaming-inspired/post-gaming' authors?

In-world political, religious and philosophical works!

An oral history of GW! That would be splendid :smile.:

Oral history of books, comics and magazines published of the licence!

Design history books - how their concepts evolve from Day 0 to finished product, in lavish detail about that process, the decision-making, the technical processes, the release process and even how QAing occurs subsequent to a release.

Commissioned essays on the IP and company, from within and without the fold, to reflect on something which has grown so inordinately in recent years. A kind of Three Ages of Man triptych - 'what have we [GW] been to people, what are we, what can we be'.

Edited by Petitioner's City

Technical manuals

Drawing big writers to the IP and letting them loose within their own sandbox - what would Gaiman's 40k be, Ta-Nehisi Coates's intepretation, Alastair Reynolds, and so on - or up-and-coming authors like Revan Leilani or other 'gaming-inspired/post-gaming' authors?

In-world political, religious and philosophical works!

An oral history of GW! That would be splendid :smile.:

Oral history of books, comics and magazines published of the licence!

Design history books - how their concepts evolve from Day 0 to finished product, in lavish detail about that process, the decision-making, the technical processes, the release process and even how QAing occurs subsequent to a release.

Commissioned essays on the IP and company, from within and without the fold, to reflect on something which has grown so inordinately in recent years. A kind of Three Ages of Man triptych - 'what have we [GW] been to people, what are we, what can we be'.

I mean, Adrian Tchaikovsky's a pretty big name these days, and they got him.

An in-universe technical manual would be incredible considering how little even the Martian priesthood actually understand the workings of a lot of the technology they use. Detailed art of 40k vehicles and machinery with descriptions written from the perspective of a priest who venerates them as mystical relics would be a great book.

This is more general wishlisting, but I really want more stories featuring the Khrave now that we finally know what they look like.

Edited by Urauloth