Mantis Warriors - Praying for Redemption

@ Custom Hero

Thank you, I might come back to the chain knives in the future. I've made a unit with the chainswords as Assault Intercessors.

As I've been playing Crusade recently I've switched my attention to getting the models built.

Here is a Sergeant for the Assault Intercessors...

img_4980.jpg?w=745

Here's the squad. I enjoyed trying to get a little bit of Striking Scorpion flavour into these.

img_4997.jpg?w=750

Here is a Suppressor sergeant...

img_5222.jpg?w=750

Here's the squad...

img_5294-1.jpg?w=750

And finally a phobos Captain conversion. Went full predator influence on this one.

img_5624.jpg?w=734

Not too keen on the sergeant's hammer personally, and would replace the large head with a pick or similar sharp implement. Mantis and hammers just feels a tad....off. The Pred Captain however is inspired, amazing conversion and use of bits.

Fantastic work overall.

More conversions from Krakendoomcool, so exciting! 

That predator captain is inspired and completely epic! I also love your suppressor conversions, I really enjoyed the original models but felt really hampered with the choice (or rather, the lack of poses) and am so glad you were able to make yours look so unique!

So looking forward to seeing these guys painted up to match your previous Mantis Warriors!

Whoa, that cap is simply fantastic! I always wanted to make some spears for my BAs and those look great.

Captain conversion is beyond cool, but i have to ask, did he take the time to strip that skull of all its flesh, seeing as the body is still got the fleshy bits on it? :tongue.:

Those not-mandiblasters might have taken care of that perhaps? :wink:

Edited by Majkhel

Man that captain rocks! He is so menacing, it fits super well with a sneaky guerrilla tactics chapter like the Mantis Warriors. Where does the spear come from by the way?

Your army is one of the best out there as far as theme and originality are concerned. I love what you did to the Suppressors, they don't look silly like that and the Reiver helmet suits them.

Keep up the good work!

• 3 weeks later...

@ oldschoolsoviet

Thank you. With the sergeant I might think about doing a claw hammer shape if i can find a good bit. Probably now i'm crusading with these im being influenced by the rules i want, like I want a Thunder Hammer now.

@ Smoke Frog

Thank you so much buddy! I felt the same way about those Suppressors and hadn't seen many if any changes to the poses. I wanted a bit of variation in there.

@ Reinhard

Thank you. It's whatever a Predator does, spinal rip (?). At the painting stage there will be a lot of blood and gore, the skull and spine will be almost completely red.

@ Majkel

Thanks so much. I'm using Ossiarch Bonereaper bits, check those out.

@ jpwyrm

Thank you. Spear is from the Ossiarch Bonereaper, the ones one horseback specifically. Thank you so much for the compliment, if I could hopefor anything it would be to have a great themed and original army!

I've finally finished painting the last Bladeguard Veteran!

img_6393.jpg?w=722

The next thing on the building table is an Invictor. The kit is fantastic for posability. In fact i think i can build two very different builds without using glue and just magnetising the gun.

img_5958.jpg?w=756

img_5961.jpg?w=769

It's work in progress but I'm excited for this model.

• 3 weeks later...

@ Disruptor_fe404

Thank you! Me too, although it isn't my original idea. Captain MAGpie has even done a tutorial for the original idea.

@ Brother Chaplain Ryld

Thank you so much.

@ Smoke Frog

Thank you so much buddy. Definitely wanted a recognisably Mantis Warrior but also very much my own force.

Done a bit of painting and basing. Was surpringly happy with my Assault Intercessor pre-battle damage so took a before and after shot...

img_6943.jpg

Was even happier after I did the basing...

img_7117.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@ Triszin

Thanks!

@ Majkel

Thank you. I'm using pigment for the mud and not used it much before these so will have a play around. That yellow faceplate is the closest i've come to the normal Mantis Warrior look so far.

@ Smoke Frog

Haha, thanks buddy. Those little plants are brilliant been really getting into them.

Haven't been able to do much hobby recently for various reasons but I have managed to finish this squad at least...

img_8558.jpg?w=750

img_8559.jpg?w=750

img_8560.jpg?w=750

img_8547.jpg?w=750

Hoping to get more done soon. Maybe do a squad of Beaky marines for the Mantis in the future.

Let me know what you think.

Absolutely love these Mantis Warriors! Using the Aggressor heads is such a cool idea to get the mandiblaster vibe :). Shields and swords too are great. Cannot wait to see the Captain finished.