The eyes of the Inquisition are upon you!

Lord_Ikka

Hello all. I'm starting up a project for next year, and figured that posting here might keep me on track and get all my painting done. The basic premise for the army is a pair of semi-cooperative Inquisitors piling their resources together and crushing the enemies of the Imperium. Inquisitor Livona is an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor; psychically gifted and accompanied by a retinue of deadly professional killers, sanctioned psykers, and seconded Imperial military officers. Inquisitor Davian, on the other hand, is a Hereiticus member of the Puritan Monodominant faction- a Witchhunter whose holy cause is the destruction of all witches and mutants. He leads a tri-fold warband; one section of skilled infiltrators and spies, one of terrifying Executioners, and the last is a motely rabble of cannon-fodder he recruits from local Emperor-worshiping cults, like the Church of the Red Redemption.

The tabletop army will be fairly simple- I'll be running a mainly Scions force with a couple of attached Inquisitors for some fun backup. My Scions will be made using the Solar Auxilia models from Forge World, as I really like how they look and feel that they are both different enough from normal IG but also heavily armored to work as Scions. The really fun of the army will be the acolytes and hangers-on I'm going to have for the Inquisitors (due to the weird Inquisition rules they aren't a viable army, so they won't be on the table top). As I get further along, I will be posting story-clips/backgrounds/fun stuff for the various characters I'll have. I hope you enjoy my little corner of the Imperial war machine!

Here is what I have so far, as WIP.

vvutpkY.jpg

From left- Inquisitor Livona, a former pit slave (currently not really sure what band he'll be with), former Imperial Navy officer, Redemptionist preacher, Primaris Psyker, former Commissar, Astropath

Up next I have a Cawdor gang to use as Davian's fodder, Kal Jericho as Davian himself, a set of Solar Auxilia (lasrifles and command) plus a Taurox Prime, and some more hired guns for Livona. All should be arriving within the next month...

Edited by Lord_Ikka
Updating pic to new standards

Thanks, I will try to update this as much as I can. I'll be doing some little intros of the various retinue members/units as I go along.

PbToQbO.jpg

First up, the twins Paalics and Kastur von Redell. Formerly of Battlefleet Odever, they came to Inquisitor Livonia's notice when they were assigned as her liason officers during the Callay Purge. Both are veterans of close range boardimg-action combat, along with having in-depth knowledge of Imperial Naval tactics, ships, and politics. Livonia uses them frequently to interface with haughty Navy admirals and Lords Militant. Stubborn, stiff-necked, and utterly loyal, the von Redells serve the Malleus with honor and valor.

3Us5KRc.jpg

Coming up soon, just finished priming a set of Cawdor gangers for Davian's Redemptionist cannon-fodder, and built a Taurox Prime. Being shipped to me are another Taurox, some Solar Auxilia, and Davian himself- along with one of his infiltrators and two Executioners. Should be a busy month, especially with me still needing to complete my vow for the Aeldari event...

"Paalics and Kastur"

Nice. I see what you did there :P

The grey aiguillettes on blue uniform also go surprisingly well.

And the 3e ruin is good to see still around.

Yes, a little bit of fun :D I like the blue and grey because you still get the flavor pf the old Mordian uniforms without it being clearly Mordian. Those ruins are about the only terrain I have around the house, I mainly game at a store or my friends' houses, so I don't have much lying around. Makes it a bit difficult to get cool shots, but oh well.

Just got in a little birthday present, so I have another Primaris Psyker in the works.

7A9kgpw.jpg

OCissMH.jpg

7cubUQx.jpg

Frankly, the standard Primaris Psyker is fugly, so I like the GSC female Magus, she was easy to make more Imperial and will look good next to Inquisitor Livonia and the other female Primaris Psyker. Anyway, I probably won't have any more updates this week, as I'll be working on my Aeldari and just building Solar Auxilia, which isn't too interesting. Thanks for looking!

Edited by Lord_Ikka

Quick question for the people here- I'm going to be using the Kal Jericho model as my Hereticus Inquisitor Davian and I am thinking about his look. I don't want twin laspistols, as this Inquisitor is much more of a fire-and-brimstone type, so I also picked up both Orlock weapons sprues from FW. I was thinking of using a bolt pistol and hand flamer as a counts-as combi-flamer, but don't really know which hand to have which weapon in. Should I have him aiming the hand flamer to burn witches, or the bolt pistol to destroy the unclean from a distance? Thoughts?

When I get my stuff in, Wednesday hopefully, I'll be putting the weapons on via blue-tac to check positioning and look, just wondered if anyone had any particular thoughts on the weaponry.

+++Datafile received, decrypted+++

+Security Level- Gamma/V+

+Inquisition eyes only! Only the Just can be truly Trusted+

Name: Agate, Silaana

Homeworld: Unknown (taken by Black Ship Delver from mass conveyor Servant of Toil)

Training: Scholastica Psykana, Astra Militarum battle-training

Psyker Grade: Gamma Minoris

Psyker Talents: Telekinesis, minoris Telepathy

Operational History:

Psyker Agate came to be part of Inquisitor Livonia's retinue after Livonia served in the Tallix sub-sector Crusade. Agate assisted the Inquisitor several times and finding her to be both reliable and stable, Livonia took Agate into her service. Agent Agate is used by Livonia primarily in a battle role- her telekinetic abilities during assaults and combat are a potent force multiplier. Agate is able to assist during investigations as well, but lacks the subtlety of other agents within Livonia's service.

Personal Notes:

Agate is noted to have a "prickly" demeanor, viewing non-psykers as "mind-blind fools" and has issues with insubordination/lack of respect for authority. Recommend limiting interactions with Agent Agate to senior Interrogators and above.

lflc3je.jpg

sqTd4ha.jpg

gYjTj7Y.jpg

CooXgPH.jpg

Decided on the weapons, and got Inquisitor Davian built. Also, one of his Infiltrators (Scabs with a suppressed pistol) and one of Livonia's bounty hunters. Soon, will start building a bunch of Solar Auxilia...

bTBEQ5b.jpg

S4A8wJV.jpg

xJKXI8C.jpg

Edited by Lord_Ikka

Attn: Inquisitor Livonia, Ordo Malleus

Ref: Potential Agent investigation

Thought for the Day: All praise for the Emperor's grace.

My Inquisitor,

Pursuant to your wishes, I have completed an investigation into the target. The bounty hunter named Markos (no other name to be found) has been working in the Septumas VII hive sub-city for approximately five years. His record through the hive's Bounty Association has been exemplary, though several merit marks have been taken off due to his choice to bring in his bounties dead rather than alive.

Direct observation has been difficult- Markos' movements are designed to confuse his targets, which makes tracking him a frustrating endeavor. I have sent several vox-pics of the target that were acquired during his pursuit of a bounty. The skills displayed during the ensuing confrontation were excellent, Markos is a gifted marksmen and terminated multiple opponents while sustaining little to no damage. His abilities would be a boon to your hunters and trackers.
     In regards to his appearance, I confess I am unsure. Markos is heavily augmented, almost as much as a member of the Adeptus Mechanicus' Skitarii cohorts. Augmented vision, implanted armor, and reflex enhancers are all confirmed through observation- any other modifications are merely conjecture at this point. I have no doubt that your own tech-adepts will be able to give you a better diagnosis of Markos in time.

At this point, I believe that adding hunter Markos to your retinue would be a wise decision. His skill level of tracking the dregs of society and his combat ability will both be of much use to you, in addition to any supplementary skills he possesses. To recruit him, I have no doubt that monetary compensation will suffice as he is a professional hunter.

Your servant

Trenator Siv Grengor

MBCWLji.jpg

TJ5J2gg.jpg

smYv4Oj.jpg

Edited by Lord_Ikka

Attn: Inquisitor Gara Livonia

Ref: Inquisitor Davian

Thought for the Day: The Righteous have only to fear the Emperor.

My Inquisitor,

Your instructions to compile information on Inquisitor Davian were received. Unfortunately, the data on Davian is both scare and seemingly contradictory. I have found rumors that his trademark implanted silver skullmask is due to an injury from a blade, a psyker's curse, and self-inflicted by his own flamer as penance for some sin- these are just a few of the rumors that seem to surround him.

What I have found is that Davian is a known Witchhunter of the Ordo Hereticus, an extreme Monodominant Puritan, and hater of all psykers. He will barely tolerate sanctioned psykers and astropaths, so his self-inclusion into your investigation will be troublesome. Where Davian goes there follows rabid followers of the martial Imperial Cult, such as the Church of the Red Redemption and the Sword of the Lord-Emperor. It is my belief that he uses these fanatics as a mobile force of cannon-fodder to assault heretic strongholds, while his much deadlier retinue of spies and terrorist-warriors attack from within.

I apologize for the lack of  concrete information. I will attempt to find out more, but I was able to find a few vid-captures of Davian himself.

Your servant,

Trenator Siv Grengor

RbqpKDh.jpg

FTIQi8h.jpg

Qdfs7Ib.jpg

Excellent work on Davian's model, and his backstory.

Thanks, I'm really enjouimg the freedom this project has given me to expand my creativity. Unfortunately, aside from some Cawdor gangers and few "odds 'n sods", the next few months will be dedicated towards getting more Solar Auxilia and painting them up, as first and foremost this will be a "working" army rather than just a fun diversion, so the next updates will probably be less enjoyable from a "fluffy" standpoint. I happen to enjoy the modeling and playing much more than the painting aspect of the hobby, so I'll be making the Inquisition a playable army before I turn my hand back at creating more Inquisitors and their warbands. I do have some thoughts on what I'll be doing next- most likely a heavily converted Radical Malleus Inquisitor (using an Invictor Tac Suit as the base for a walking life-support unit/combat armor) with a group of half-feral barbarians, and a Xenos Inquisitor with an alien warband comprised of some individual sculpts I like and some conversions that I've got working in the back of my brain.

Luckily, I have an actual plan/army list I've worked up and I think it will be decent on the tabletop. Lots of fast-moving/deepstriking goodness with good armor penetration, and a couple of Inquisitors and psykers buff other units. Similar to what I'm doing with my current competitive Harlequin/Craftworld list, just with squishier humans rather than acrobatic ninjas/undead walkers.

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [76 PL, 10CP, 1,612pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment CP

Regimental Doctrine: 133rd Lambdan Lions

+ Agents of the Imperium +

Inquisitor [-1CP, 75pts]: 4) Mental Interrogation, Alpha-Class Psyker, Force stave, Inferno pistol, Malleus - Power Through Knowledge, Ordo Malleus, Psyker

+ HQ +

Primaris Psyker [50pts]: Nightshroud, Psychic Maelstrom

Tempestor Prime [50pts]: Power sword, Relic (133rd Lambdan Lions): Refractor Field Generator, Tempestus Command Rod, Warlord, WT: Grand Strategist

+ Troops +

Militarum Tempestus Scions [135pts]

. 5x Scion: 5x Frag & Krak grenades, 5x Hot-shot Lasgun

. Scion w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun

. Tempestor: Hot-shot Laspistol, Power sword

Militarum Tempestus Scions [135pts]

. 5x Scion: 5x Frag & Krak grenades, 5x Hot-shot Lasgun

Militarum Tempestus Scions [145pts]

. 4x Scion: 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Hot-shot Lasgun

. Scion w/ Vox-caster: Vox-caster

. Tempestor: Hot-shot Laspistol, Power fist

Militarum Tempestus Scions [145pts]

. Scion w/ Vox-caster: Vox-caster

. Tempestor: Hot-shot Laspistol, Power fist

Militarum Tempestus Scions [70pts]

. 2x Scion: 2x Frag & Krak grenades, 2x Hot-shot Lasgun

Militarum Tempestus Scions [50pts]

+ Elites +

Militarum Tempestus Command Squad [60pts]

. Tempestus Scion: Grenade Launcher

. Tempestus Scion w/ Vox-caster: Hot-Shot Lasgun, Vox-caster

Ministorum Priest [40pts]: Chainsword

+ Flyer +

Valkyries [-1CP, 165pts]

. Valkyrie: 2x Multiple Rocket Pods, Advanced Countermeasures, Lascannon

. . 2x Heavy Bolters: 2x Heavy bolter

+ Dedicated Transport +

Taurox Prime [123pts]: Storm Bolter, Taurox Gatling Cannon, Two Hot-shot Volley Guns

Taurox Prime [123pts]: Storm Bolter, Taurox Gatling Cannon, Two Hot-shot Volley Guns

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [-3CP, 385pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment CP [-2CP]

Regimental Doctrine: 133rd Lambdan Lions

+ Agents of the Imperium +

Inquisitor [-1CP, 75pts]: Blade of the Ordo, Combi-flamer, Formidable Resolve, Ordo Hereticus, Power sword, Stratagem: Inquisitorial Mandate

+ HQ +

Primaris Psyker [50pts]: Gaze of the Emperor, Psychic Barrier

Tempestor Prime [50pts]: Power sword, Tempestus Command Rod

+ Troops +

Militarum Tempestus Scions [45pts]

. Tempestor: Chainsword, Hot-shot Laspistol

+ Elites +

Militarum Tempestus Command Squad [75pts]

. Tempestus Scion: Meltagun

. Tempestus Scion w/ Vox-caster: Hot-Shot Lasgun, Vox-caster

++ Total: [7CP, 1,997pts] ++

Edited by Lord_Ikka

One of the "odds 'n sods" I finished up before diving into the Solar Auxilia (tomorrow I should begin working on them...), Inquisitor Davian's veteran infiltrator only know as Mime. A very gifted master of disguise, Mime is seen here in between covers- the uniform of a Battlefleet Odever junior adjunct one his upper torso while a Redemptionist mask and clothing can be seen on his lower half. Armed with a pilfered plasmagun and a suppressed stubgun, Mime can provide support for Davian whenever he needs or carry out some targeted eliminations quietly.

akwWRpu.jpg

EI01efk.jpg

QpMjuDS.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Captain Artru of the Inquisition, currently assigned to Inquisitor Gara Livonia.

gV1b5uW.jpg

6CtG204.jpg

The paint scheme for the stormtroopers will be fairly simple, steel and crimson in the main, with leather and some bronze as secondary colors.

First squad of Inquisition stormtroopers. I'll be painting another twenty of these guys and two Taurox Primes in the next few weeks, so there won't be any updates on this thread until they're done- there isn't enough variety in the stormtroopers to be interesting. Hopefully I'll get them done quickly and get an army pic soon; the scheme is simply enough that I can get them done fairly fast in batches. I may get a couple of Davian's rabble or terror-troops painted in-between the stormtroopers, if so I may update with them. Anyway, I'm rambling so I'll just post up the pics and annoy someone else. Thanks for looking!

J2aSlCS.jpeg

Jk6AE13.jpeg

Edited by Lord_Ikka

Finished off all my available stormtroopers, including the command squad. The eventual plan is to purchase another two of the Auxilia command squads so I can get three meltas/grenade launchers and a vox in two Scion command squad, while the telescope guys and the other two banners (slightly converted to remove the banners) become sergeants for other squads. Now on to a couple of Taurox Primes and some rabble! Thanks for looking.

SCbdxFL.jpg

faCsAZD.jpg

pHagml0.jpg

YVUbE89.jpg

pfaTUmo.jpg

qcMx21P.jpg

Finished my Taurox Primes. Aside from the weird tracks (would have preferred a half-track or something), I like these little beasts a lot. In my first two 50PL games with my stormtroopers, the Taurox have proven will worth their points, pouring out firepower by the bucketload. I went pretty basic with their paint, as I figured that these aren't special transports, just the battle-ready units deployed with the stormtroopers. When I get my Corvus Blackstar (counts-as Valkyrie) for my Inquisitor's ride, I'll probably bling it up a little more. With these done, my Inquisition stormtrooper list is finished for the moment, all I have on my table is the Cawdor-rabble and some other Agents. Looking forward to the first of the year, as I'll be ordering some more stuff for this army then!

7Z8BZJz.jpg

YXnPbnw.jpg

OWkqLk3.jpg