Change to Repulsor classification

Prot

I am trying to be careful with the title of this subject, as I don't want to panic people from other chapters! The reason I mention this is I often used the Repulsor loaded with infantry for "Encirclement". 

I haven't confirmed this but I've been told it is now a Heavy Support option. 

Honestly, the Repulsor hasn't been a competitive unit for me. I actually used it to soak up points, and it rarely did much. I don't see using it now that I can't bring it in with 10 dudes. 

I guess we don't know if Encirclement still exists? Regardless, I found it a very curious move to switch the repulsor over to Heavy support. Quite frankly I hardly use Heavy Support with my Scars, so it's more about encirclement for me.

Wouldn't the stratagem still exist since the Scars supplement isn't being rereleased this go around.  They're only bringing out new ones? 

As for the repulsor I haven't had a chance to acquire one and with the changes you're mentioning it will likely stay that way.

I am trying to be careful with the title of this subject, as I don't want to panic people from other chapters! The reason I mention this is I often used the Repulsor loaded with infantry for "Encirclement". 

I haven't confirmed this but I've been told it is now a Heavy Support option. 

Honestly, the Repulsor hasn't been a competitive unit for me. I actually used it to soak up points, and it rarely did much. I don't see using it now that I can't bring it in with 10 dudes. 

I guess we don't know if Encirclement still exists? Regardless, I found it a very curious move to switch the repulsor over to Heavy support. Quite frankly I hardly use Heavy Support with my Scars, so it's more about encirclement for me.

Codex release days are always epic because the few people that get them early are FANATICAL about taking the blurriest, off centre, glare ridden, incomplete sets of photos possible.  The dedication to "half assery" these people show is equaled only by their generosity in sharing anything at all.  

Epic.

Hey Prot!

Yeah, the Repulsor is too expensive and too flimsy to be a spammable dedicated transport option.

Best use I'm having with this is when I have decent fire support elsewhere and I just use it as a bullet magnet by rushing forward with a squad of Intercessors or Reivers.

I find the Repulsor makes it points back by drawing fire off my Hellblasters.

Sorry on the Encirclement confusion. 

What I always did in 8th was use Thunderfires, and since the Repulsor was a transport, that's what I would use Encirclement on, but I'd include something like 9-10 assault intercessors (lately).

Now I wonder if anyone is going to use that slot on a Repulsor. There's the new Gladiator tanks (albeit incredibly expensive), and I assume like most marine players, we are sticking to Battalions. 

It hasn't lost its transport capacity. Just changed its battlefield role. Your plan is still valid.

What I always did in 8th was use Thunderfires, and since the Repulsor was a transport, that's what I would use Encirclement on, but I'd include something like 9-10 assault intercessors (lately).

Now I wonder if anyone is going to use that slot on a Repulsor. There's the new Gladiator tanks (albeit incredibly expensive), and I assume like most marine players, we are sticking to Battalions.

I get the impression OP is filling their HS with thunderfires, so there isn't a slot for a Repulsor, where previously it would have been a transport.

It hasn't lost its transport capacity. Just changed its battlefield role. Your plan is still valid.