Prismatic Dimensional Breach

Stupidity

I'm planning what to buy and want to make sure this stratagem is useful. 

Prismatic Dimensional Breach:

Use this strategem in the reinforcement step of your movement phase.

Select one <core> unit from your reserve then select one <dynasty> Night Scythe or Monolith model that is on the battlefield. 

Set up that <core> unit anywhere on the battlefield that is wholly within 3" of that Monolith or Night Scythe model and not within Engagement Range of any enemy units.

This strategem cannot be used turn one. 

So, can this be used on Monoliths and Night Scythes that have come in from reserve this turn?

The way I read it, they can. It doesn't say to use at the start of the reinforcement step or that the target unit must not have moved but I just started collecting so...

As a Mephrit player, I do believe deep striking a Night Scythe with 10 S7 Ap-1 Tesla Cannon shots T2 then having it drop off twenty Warriors with ap-3 within 7.5" Gauss Reapers about 6 inches away from an enemy could be a legitimate strategy. Add exploding, auto wounding or mortal wounding on 6's strategems as you see fit. It would certainly be a distraction.

3cp and 405 points. Thoughts?

Edited by Stupidity

Don't see why not. 

You could drop Lychguard with warscythes and charge

Even Tomb Blades could be deployed, which would be funny but not really smart. 

Edited by Stupidity

That's great then! I am a casual, non frequent player so I might've missed something (ahem, many things), but that seems like a great improvement over previous delivery mechanisms for flayed ones (or other core units as you mentioned).

I'm pretty excited about this thanks for pointing it out!

Edit: Ok rereading goonhammer's article and my observation about flayed ones seems irrelevant, nm.

But what allows us to deep strike a night scythe? It doesn't have the rule and I can't find a stratagem or something that would give it to a NS (the monolith can innately deep strike).

Edited by Miek

Edit: Ok rereading goonhammer's article and my observation about flayed ones seems irrelevant, nm.

But what allows us to deep strike a night scythe? It doesn't have the rule and I can't find a stratagem or something that would give it to a NS (the monolith can innately deep strike).

Can still use lychguard with warscythes.

The Flyer keyword lets you deepstrike from strategic reserves in 9th as opposed to flanking. 

The Flyer keyword lets you deepstrike from strategic reserves in 9th as opposed to flanking.

Presumably an embarked unit could not perform a normal disembark because that must take place before the vehicle moves.

Presumably an embarked unit could not perform a normal disembark because that must take place before the vehicle moves.

That's correct for disembarking units, but the stratagem is not a disembark and has no limitations like that included.

Seems like i'll be buying a Night/Doom Scythe.

It's a pretty easy model to magnetize right?

Also it just occurred to me how terrible the name of this strat it. Sounds like the necron arrive on a rainbow.

Also it just occurred to me how terrible the name of this strat it. Sounds like the necron arrive on a rainbow.

That sounds class imo lol.

Yes, it's super easy to magnetize. I'm mad I didn't magnetize all of mine because it's just about the easiest thing to do

Based on a video I just watched, Flayed ones are not CORE, very few Necron units have that keyword, so there wont' be alot of options for this (Warriors, Immortals, and 1 or 2 others, I can't remember the others) but I DO remember that flayed ones and destroyers were not.

Based on a video I just watched, Flayed ones are not CORE, very few Necron units have that keyword, so there wont' be alot of options for this (Warriors, Immortals, and 1 or 2 others, I can't remember the others) but I DO remember that flayed ones and destroyers were not.

Warriors

Immortals

Deathmark

Tomb Blades

Lychguard

Only the first and last seem worth the strat. Both would do real damage though. Maybe the only use for scythe wielding Lychguard

Edited by Stupidity

I would say either 10 Lychguard with sword and board to survive Auspex Scan and the like or 20 Reaper Wariors with the exploding and auto wound on 6 strats.

Lychguard would be S6 Ap-3, W2, A3, 2+/4++. They get stuck in and stay alive. 

The Reapers would just flatten units or chunk things.

Warning New Player Theorycrafting!

So, a possible focus for a Mephrit list iv'e been thinking about, built around the Outrider and Indomitus boxsets I own. One that will remain vague until battlescribe updates.  The main idea is to get warrior blobs where they can abuse the Mephrit dynasty perks on T2. 

(1) Catacomb Command Barge: A Overlord/Phareon unit that's fast enough to buff Tomb blades and deepstriking warriors. Orb?

(1-2) Technomancers: Buffing Doomstalkers and reanimating Deathmark. Another follows CCB and Tomb blades, healing and raising. 

(1) Royal Warden: Possible host for the teleport relic. Jumps warriors where they can do damage and allows fall back and shoot

(Many) Warriors: One regiment with reapers that ride a rainbow into rapidfire range, the other with flayers that march up the middle or use the teleport relic to go where they are needed. Possible one unit of ten to ride a ghost ark where they need to be. 

(5) Immortals: One cheap unit of five that holds a backfield objective. 

(10) Deathmark: A unit of ten that punishes anyone that deepstrikes near my Doomstalkers or characters that wander into range. 

(6-9) Tomb Blades: Chafe clearers that allow the Night Scythe space to deepstrike into. They can lay down serious hurt T1 and survive the counter fire? 

(3-6) Wraiths: I own six so I hope they can tie up melee units or something. They seem good. 

(2-3) Doomstalkers: They hurt Vehicles that would take out my warriors. They don't need to dominate, I just need them to take out anti horde vehicles. 

(1) Night Scythe: Deepstrikes T2 wherever I want to drop twenty warriors with reapers. 

(1) Ghost Ark: Drops ten warriors where they are needed.  Absorbs firepower? Clears chafe?

Obviously this combined list is way more than 2000 points. I just wanted advice on if the idea behind the list seem potent. What seems the most effective and important units, what seems expendable? Throw any thoughts or criticisms you have at me, I can take it. :Elite: