Codex: Space Wolves Errata and Preview

Vassakov

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/GamaHDmpGRQShG3u.pdf

Yikes. I am now officially concerned. Where are our Strats & Relics...? Wulfen have been *smashed* with the nerf hammer. Long Fangs are now Devastators. We appear to have found Grav Weapons now. 

This feels very not-Space Wolves-y.

Edited by Triszin

Relax. This is just temporary until our supplement arrives. I wouldn't run it to a tournament but there are not a lot of those on anyway at the moment. Our Codex will be here before Christmas and we can all enjoy the festive cheer of too much and slaughtering your foes with a shiny new codex.

Stormfang nooooooo!!!

They created a melta array weapon profile and ruined our 8 melta shot dreams

At least I don't feel so bad about building mine with Heavy bolters.

Ragnar has gone up to 130 points which I feel is a fair price as he is still very good. 100 points was just a no-brainer to be frank.

Stormfang nooooooo!!!

They created a melta array weapon profile and ruined our 8 melta shot dreams

At least I don't feel so bad about building mine with Heavy bolters.

I have been running stormfangs in online tournaments expecting them to get super buffed

The Stormfang also lost D2 from the dispersed mode shots

All of that combined with the point increase makes me feel meh

Probably gonna swap it out and get terminators back in the list instead

Some more notes: There's now a generic rule for Advance & Charge which applies to Thunderwolves and Fenrisian Wolves.

We appear to have lost the combined Chaplain/Apothecary role on Wolf Priests for now (Ulrik is missing his Healing Potions and Balms).

Wulfen have lost advance and charge, and giving +1A to nearby units.

Tempestus Discipline is gone for now, as is any Relic or Strat from our core Codex.

No mention of Frost Weapons anywhere other than Helfrost and the Frost Claws on Wulfen.

After comparing the stormfang and stormwolf...I am pretty sure the stormfang is just filled with errors

The main gun says D3 shots when focus mode

The stormwolf has flat 2 

Maybe the dispersed mode was a bad copy/paste job too

Wulfen changed a ton, always in Assault doctrine and therefore savage fury is pretty cool but losing the potential death frenzy extra attack to essentially insurance is a bummer.

I think overall we need to be re-thinking previous unit roles since so much is changing. Im pretty excited still.

Wulfen changed a ton, always in Assault doctrine and therefore savage fury is pretty cool but losing the potential death frenzy extra attack to essentially insurance is a bummer.

I think overall we need to be re-thinking previous unit roles since so much is changing. Im pretty excited still.

Always in assault, and always counts as having charged for shock assault purposes.

Does that mean it triggers the +1 to hit?

Always in assault, and always counts as having charged for shock assault purposes.

Wulfen appear to be always WS+1 and exploding 6 due to savage fury if pure SW list

Their weapons will also get the assault doctrine buff

If you can get the glass hammer into position they still hit hard

And they always get the shock assault attack with exploding 6's. 3 points cheaper too. Lots of great stuff is gone but they are still an interesting unit, i see them as a first wave threat to buffer the main force until T3. I dont think ill be outflanking them anymore, esp since the midfield obj are generally going to be contested almost immediately now and they are gaurenteed to be able to swing.

I think we now are a midfield force that has a lot of say in fight order with our HI and judicar type abilities. We'll need to see what the codex brings us (please come back AoR). Its a big change but i think we're still really strong. 

Were any of the preview vids able to cap the ven dread datasheet? Im curious if we can still kit them up with axe shield.

That makes running a naked wulfen list interesting

I think we have better ways of bringing mass attacks to bear but yea thats interesting.

Edited by PeteySödes

http://cognitionandculture.net/wp-content/uploads/pic2450826.jpg

Guys, I am sorry.

But you all act like this is the end, fully knowing it's just get-you-buy rules till the supplement drops.

Which will probably get the usual FAQ/Errata shortly after.

Change is hard sometimes, esp when we invest a lot into this hobby. Everyone is allowed to feel however they feel, but we all need to be respectful. Personally even with these changes I 100% believe we're in a better spot than this time last year. Im up for the challenge and lets discuss this without judgement.

Twolves gained swift hunters! Big big win IMO.

And +1W, the bite attack has another -1S and the SS got 3pt cheaper for still the same 45p base points

Nice spot on the wound! Im sad i just read the T&C attack limit. I suppose i should have guessed. My WL on wolf took out a bloodthirster last game by popping Touch and all those attacks were murder.

Edited by PeteySödes

Anyone who follows GW and 40k knew a wulfen nerf was coming

I personally avoided using them and am glad to see them go.

It will probably cause the meta players to drop SW and look elsewhere.

That makes me happy too. I honestly hated everyone in 7th running TWC lords and deathstars.

/rant