Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Codex: Space Wolves Errata and Preview

• Please log in to reply
418 replies to this topic

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,391 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

I think it's just an errata of sorts. Berserk Charge is obviously meant to affect blood claw models, not the attached wolf guard model. At least that is what makes sense to me, the seasoned veteran shouldn't have Berserk Charge.

Although I do wonder if we'll see a mechanic to 'add' a primaris WG model to a unit. They seem to have implemented a mechanic like this for the Deathwatch, so I don't think it is infeasible.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion, 18 October 2020 - 01:28 PM.

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

NatBrannigan

NatBrannigan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,149 posts

Arjac losing his extra attack aura was a big blow but I can see why it's gone, our Bladeguard are already approaching being obnoxiously good already and like te good Shepard said, we now have a LOT of Wolf Guard units.

Can't wait to get stuck into this new supplement

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,026 posts
Attaching a Bladeguard (to a T4 unit) would seem like the way to go for the rules team

5 types of Lieutenant/Battleleader inc mounted
Company Champion
3 types of Ancient
Veteran Intercessoes
Bladeguard
Wolfguard
TWC
Terminators
Arjac
Canis

I think thats all our Wolfguard as it stands?

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,391 posts

Maybe they'll let us stick a veteran intercessor or a blade guard onto a unit, like we can with a wolf guard or wolf guard terminator?

It just does catch my eye that they have a mechanic in the Deathwatch index to add a model from another datasheet, which could easily be adapted to make that happen.

Doing it that way would also be a more clever way of constructing a traditional SW-style squad, using the base building blocks from the Codex to implement it.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion, 18 October 2020 - 02:34 PM.

• Dark Shepherd likes this

Ragnar69

Ragnar69

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 60 posts
Oh man, don't think I will be able to play this year again, but I want my book NOW!!!!
  • Dark Shepherd and WrathOfTheLion like this

NatBrannigan

NatBrannigan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,149 posts
Attaching various Wolf Guard would be an amazing idea, and now if that doesn’t happen I’ll be sad and blame you two..

FabulousRex

FabulousRex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,472 posts
While attached Wolf Guard are one of our unique tricks, I have little hope that it will be in the codex. Seems a shame, it would be a great way to use Primaris models, but make SW squads still unique.
I live to drink the blood of the innocents from goblets made of human skulls. I love to hear the tattered lamentations of those I've crushed, to see a shattered bleeding hulk of a once powerful man crawl limply to me on all fours to lick my hobnailed boot and beg for a quick and merciful dispatchment. I thrill with the power granted by me via foul incantations so unholy that their mere utterance blackens the lungs. Tears of joy greet my bloodstained cheeks when I inhale the pungent aroma of flayed flesh smouldering upon the wooden shards of blasted farmhouses, while my ears are filled with the piteous cries of terrified peasants scattering before my arcing blade. In all honestly, my goal within any situation is to become a solid mass of scar tissue and to stand atop a pile of indiscriminate human remains taunting the Gods themselves with my hideous unearthly strength.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,026 posts
Auspex Tactics walk through on it

https://youtu.be/3cqRWnx05AU

I slept on how good Jump Pack Wolf Guard are now
  • TiguriusX and Karhedron like this

NatBrannigan

NatBrannigan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,149 posts

Jump pack wolf guard look amazing now, if they can have wolf claws and the space wolf weapons (those can frost weapons) are better costed i'm all in and making some Primaris sized ones.

Just think of wolf / lightning claws with masses of attacks and those juicy wound rerolls, paired with the vicious executioners strat. Ouch!

Edited by NatBrannigan, 24 October 2020 - 04:56 PM.

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,969 posts

I slept on how good Jump Pack Wolf Guard are now

Claw and shield is mathematically the best combo I think. Even if you claws are S4, they are good. If we get back S5 claws back in our codex, they will be awesome. I am just waiting for the new codex before I starting building. biggrin.png
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,026 posts
Hopefully Wolf Claws stay good, really looks like current lightning claw points/rules are due an errata

I did this on my TWC but if you cut most of the claw part off, once theyre a monoloadout, they can be power fists or claws

Edited by Dark Shepherd, 25 October 2020 - 11:45 AM.

Gherrick

Gherrick

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,303 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Considering they basically made all of the power weapons equivalent to 8e frost, I wouldn't be surprised if frost weapons just go away (boo GW). Hopefully, we get a neat new helfrost mechanic (the MW on natural 6 wound rolls would be beautiful) that then all frost weapons get.

Edited by Gherrick, 25 October 2020 - 02:32 PM.

Jorin Helm-splitter

Jorin Helm-splitter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 959 posts
I agree I don't think that GW will keep frost weapons. I don't think they wanted it to be a variant of master crafted weapons once we were put into the base codex. Adds more complexity than payoff.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,026 posts
I wouldnt be surprised either. Even Great Frost Axe got toned down (no extra attack on the charge) and Wulfen datasheet has Wulfen frost claws not frost claws (so hoping we still keep Wolf claws as +1S)

They seem to want to speed up/streamline the game by cutting out some rolls but especially rerolls but there is still the posibility of frost weapons giving mortal wounds on wound rolls of 6 or auto wounding on 6 to hit or something along those lines. I would be less hopeful of the if the target is wounded but not killed on a 4 or 6 plus it gets a mortal wound

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,885 posts

hounds of morkai:

Reboxed 5man reiver KIT with a wolf upgrade sprue.

makes a anti pysker unit

• TiguriusX likes this
banana

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,969 posts
Intriguing,I was not expecting a custom unit (although it is rules only) Reivers certainly need a role and I guess this is one way of giving them one.

So presumably our new codex will be up for pre-order on the 31st of October and released on the 7th of November.

https://www.warhamme...vpreview2502020
  • Triszin likes this
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,885 posts

I HOPE.

HOPE.

Hounds of morkai are a TROOP choice.

WOlves already have a billion elite options

• HvitrValdyr likes this
banana

Salmonc

Salmonc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1 posts
Our deadnoughts are in an incredible place right now. I've been running bjorn, a master of the forge iron priest, and wgbl on tw, 3 tricked out grey hunter squads in lasbacks, some thunderwolf cav, a axe/shield wulfen dread, a redemptor, and a relic contemptor with THB, chainfist, and cyclone missle launcher. I've beaten my friends necrons and deathguard consistently with it, including an awesome moment where bjorn brought the Silent king from 19 to 1 wound and the wulfen dread finished him off. Our army is an incredible deathball that plows through the board. You have to engage all or none of ut with heroic interventions and dreads are very tanky now with great healing.
  • TiguriusX and Karhedron like this

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,026 posts

Intriguing,I was not expecting a custom unit (although it is rules only) Reivers certainly need a role and I guess this is one way of giving them one.

So presumably our new codex will be up for pre-order on the 31st of October and released on the 7th of November.

I will cackle if we not only get first chapter specific Primaris unit but also the only good (non Blood Angel) Reivers

The 2 upgrade sprues and 5 Intercessors from our existing Start Collecting box and hey ho hounds of morkai

Cant see them not being an elite though sadly

Edited by Dark Shepherd, 25 October 2020 - 06:06 PM.

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,391 posts

Invictor Warsuit on the Combat Patrol box looks like it has Grey Hunter pack markings.

Maybe we'll see some lore in the supplement on more integrated markings for the various new units.

And don't Death Company Intercessors count as the first chapter-specific Primaris unit, even if no direct kit yet?

Edited by WrathOfTheLion, 25 October 2020 - 06:05 PM.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,026 posts

Invictor Warsuit on the Combat Patrol box looks like it has Grey Hunter pack markings.

Maybe we'll see some lore in the supplement on more integrated markings for the various new units.

And don't Death Company Intercessors count as the first chapter-specific Primaris unit, even if no direct kit yet?

We win that title due to a direct kit.
Even if its just reboxing existing stuff :)

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,308 posts
that colour on those hounds is fantastic.

Jorin Helm-splitter

Jorin Helm-splitter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 959 posts

I will cackle if we not only get first chapter specific Primaris unit but also the only good (non Blood Angel) Reivers

The 2 upgrade sprues and 5 Intercessors from our existing Start Collecting box and hey ho hounds of morkai

Cant see them not being an elite though sadly

White scar reivers are pretty solid. Advance and charge plus 2D during the assault doctrine make them more than an annoyance.
  • Dark Shepherd likes this

Ragnar69

Ragnar69

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 60 posts

Considering they basically made all of the power weapons equivalent to 8e frost, I wouldn't be surprised if frost weapons just go away (boo GW). Hopefully, we get a neat new helfrost mechanic (the MW on natural 6 wound rolls would be beautiful) that then all frost weapons get.

The marine codex already has the rules for helfrost pistols and canons. I seriously doubt that they will override them with the supplement. Besides, they already have a high damage value, I doubt they would add mortals on top

VIth

VIth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 115 posts

I HOPE.

HOPE.

Hounds of morkai are a TROOP choice.

WOlves already have a billion elite options

I understand the practical desire for this, but from a fluff perspective I hope you're wrong.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)