Codex: Space Wolves Errata and Preview

Vassakov

Another one I got to use like once in all of 8th though I played an absurd amount. It hurts to say but If we were only going to get a handful of strats I’m ok with lone wolf moving to crusade.

ya, but still. *sad puppy face*.

VBG with lone wolf strat popped .

Yeah especially if you only started with a couple of characters so they didn't pick the assassinate secondary.

It does belong in crusade though, and it makes so much more sense than the last survivor immediately hulking up, or in 5th when lots of armies ran 3 in terminator armor.

Another one I got to use like once in all of 8th though I played an absurd amount. It hurts to say but If we were only going to get a handful of strats I’m ok with lone wolf moving to crusade.

ya, but still. *sad puppy face*.

VBG with lone wolf strat popped .

I once Lone Wolfed a Wolf Guard Pack Leader after Magnus wiped out his pack

He did nothing but it was fun

I used touch of the wild exactly once. Thanks a lot COVID.

In a Crusade game, Intercessor Pack Leader with Thunder Hammer was lone survivor of his pack. Popped Lone Wolf. Next turn charged in. Popped Touch of the Wild. Wiped out Nightlord Sorcerer in Terminator Armor and a unit of Warptalons. My friend was shocked, haha.

So if I have a Wolf Guard pack leader with 2 Lightning Claws, and I upgrade 1 to a Frost Weapon, do all the attacks get the bonus S & D? All but one of the attacks? Half of them?

It literally says what to do in the preview...BOTH weapons get the frost benefit

QDY3mbAsJDXxpwB9-500x451.jpg

Is ‘sergeant relic’ only for wolfguard or any sergeant? Because Morkai’s Teeth Bolts on a Heavy Intercessor with a 42” range executor bolt rifle is quite nice.

Master crafted Plasma Exterminators not too shabby either.

As far as I can tell thane of the retinue would allow exactly that. Which is awesome because I love morkais teeth But it always seemed like a waste on a master crafter stalker lt.

• 4 weeks later...

Random question with Thane of the Retinue - is using that strat considered to be an "extra" Relic or do you have to buy the relic on top?

My assumption is the former but Battlescribe is currently telling me I have too many relics!

BattleScribe gets things wrong quite often

I play it as 1 CP total...just like other marines have in the past

My TO agreed

Run it by whoever you play to confirm

Does the sergeant strat give the relic to the normal pack leader or the wolf guard pack leader?

Anyone with Sgt or pack leader in their profile

Wolf guard pack leaders are eligible.

This means the LF wolf guard terminator pack leader with an assault cannon can be buffed to have 12 BS2 shots with S6 AP1 D2 (signum + Armorium cherub + master crafted)

What are peoples thoughts on Veteran Intercessors? I like auto rifle intercessors and assault intercessors, but it seems as if one or the other are better served as the veteran variety for the extra attack.

Also, how are you outfitting your intercessor sergeants? Is the power fist or hammer automatic even for midfield shooty squads or is the chainsword getting good results as well? I like pushing my auto squads toward the midfield before getting stuck in around turn 4.

Veteran intercessors are no longer troops so I think other units are better

What made them good before was obsec + filling the battalion troop tax + combat ability

Rather have bladeguard for similar points with current codex and stratagems

I quite like the idea of dropping in 10 grey hunters in the Pod with WGBL. SS on WGBL and morkai's teeth on the GHPL. re-roll 1's to wound on an important unit could be really clutch IMO and the 9 other bodies could be enough to keep the relic alive for another turn and if not the a moderate amount fire power will be needed to wipe them out