Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Codex: Space Wolves Errata and Preview

• Please log in to reply
418 replies to this topic

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,308 posts
my plasma cannon longfang Heimdal annhilating Sly Marbo and wooing Celestine was the stuff of legends tho
  • TiguriusX likes this

Jorin Helm-splitter

Jorin Helm-splitter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 958 posts

Another one I got to use like once in all of 8th though I played an absurd amount. It hurts to say but If we were only going to get a handful of strats I’m ok with lone wolf moving to crusade.

ya, but still. *sad puppy face*.

VBG with lone wolf strat popped .

Yeah especially if you only started with a couple of characters so they didn't pick the assassinate secondary.

It does belong in crusade though, and it makes so much more sense than the last survivor immediately hulking up, or in 5th when lots of armies ran 3 in terminator armor.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,025 posts

Another one I got to use like once in all of 8th though I played an absurd amount. It hurts to say but If we were only going to get a handful of strats I’m ok with lone wolf moving to crusade.

ya, but still. *sad puppy face*.

VBG with lone wolf strat popped .

I once Lone Wolfed a Wolf Guard Pack Leader after Magnus wiped out his pack

He did nothing but it was fun
  • Triszin likes this

NatBrannigan

NatBrannigan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,149 posts
So if I have a Wolf Guard pack leader with 2 Lightning Claws, and I upgrade 1 to a Frost Weapon, do all the attacks get the bonus S & D? All but one of the attacks? Half of them?

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,308 posts
all of them i suspect.

VIth

VIth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 115 posts

I used touch of the wild exactly once. Thanks a lot COVID.

In a Crusade game, Intercessor Pack Leader with Thunder Hammer was lone survivor of his pack. Popped Lone Wolf. Next turn charged in. Popped Touch of the Wild. Wiped out Nightlord Sorcerer in Terminator Armor and a unit of Warptalons. My friend was shocked, haha.
  • TiguriusX likes this

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,699 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

So if I have a Wolf Guard pack leader with 2 Lightning Claws, and I upgrade 1 to a Frost Weapon, do all the attacks get the bonus S & D? All but one of the attacks? Half of them?

It literally says what to do in the preview...BOTH weapons get the frost benefit

QDY3mbAsJDXxpwB9-500x451.jpg

• VIth likes this

A digital space wolf returning to the pack and emerging from the warp on the TT to try the hobby side.  I started with Vassal40K and currently enjoy TTS40K

Inglorious Drunkard Champion-Night 3 (2012)

ETL first time participant-2018

ETL-2019

gallery_48988_15465_42927.png

NatBrannigan

NatBrannigan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,149 posts
Oh yes... Well that was a stupid question then. Very nice.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,025 posts
Frost Claws is probably the one good "sergeant" relic we can take

Splog

Splog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 125 posts
Is ‘sergeant relic’ only for wolfguard or any sergeant? Because Morkai’s Teeth Bolts on a Heavy Intercessor with a 42” range executor bolt rifle is quite nice.

Master crafted Plasma Exterminators not too shabby either.
  • Karhedron likes this

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,376 posts

Is ‘sergeant relic’ only for wolfguard or any sergeant? Because Morkai’s Teeth Bolts on a Heavy Intercessor with a 42” range executor bolt rifle is quite nice.

As far as I can tell thane of the retinue would allow exactly that. Which is awesome because I love morkais teeth But it always seemed like a waste on a master crafter stalker lt.
  • Karhedron likes this

Kallas

Kallas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,345 posts
  • Faction: Howling Griffons

Bear in mind that that would only apply to one of the Sergeants' guns.

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,884 posts
What's the seargent relic?
banana

Wolf Guard Dan

Wolf Guard Dan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,054 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka
We can give a sergeant a relic via stratagem.
*wolf howl*!!!!
'It takes a vast amount of control to be this dangerous.' -Prospero Burns

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,957 posts

Wolf Tail Talisman is another Relic that would go nicely on any Pack Leader expecting to drop into the thick of the action. Nerf you enemy's psykers and leave your Characters free to tool up with more hitty items. More situational though I will agree.

• Triszin likes this
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

FabulousRex

FabulousRex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,472 posts
A master crafted Cyclone missile launcher on a TDAWG in a Long Fang pack could be quite interesting as well.
I live to drink the blood of the innocents from goblets made of human skulls. I love to hear the tattered lamentations of those I've crushed, to see a shattered bleeding hulk of a once powerful man crawl limply to me on all fours to lick my hobnailed boot and beg for a quick and merciful dispatchment. I thrill with the power granted by me via foul incantations so unholy that their mere utterance blackens the lungs. Tears of joy greet my bloodstained cheeks when I inhale the pungent aroma of flayed flesh smouldering upon the wooden shards of blasted farmhouses, while my ears are filled with the piteous cries of terrified peasants scattering before my arcing blade. In all honestly, my goal within any situation is to become a solid mass of scar tissue and to stand atop a pile of indiscriminate human remains taunting the Gods themselves with my hideous unearthly strength.

CaptainStabby

CaptainStabby

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 587 posts
  • Faction: The Rout

Im just happy the Armor of Russ stayed intact. I can still put it on a Judiciar and double freeze bubble someones melee mob.

It only has to work once to be hilarious. :D

• Wolf Guard Dan and VIth like this

Jorin Helm-splitter

Jorin Helm-splitter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 958 posts
Armor of Russ actually got better because it gives a 2+ save in addition to the 4++. I also like that we have three ways to give fights last to opposing units.
  • VIth likes this

CaptainStabby

CaptainStabby

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 587 posts
  • Faction: The Rout

Armor of Russ actually got better because it gives a 2+ save in addition to the 4++. I also like that we have three ways to give fights last to opposing units.

For sure. I was actually genuinely concerned it was going to flat out go away.

• VIth likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users