Codex: Space Wolves Errata and Preview

Vassakov

No supplement pre-order next week. I hope we get ours soon as I pull something different from my pile of shame every day. I now have terminators, blade guard, a contemptor and a redemptor assembled and converted but not painted and I think I will now switch over to TWC .... And I will get the new Primaris Techmarine

soonest our supp or any supp starts to land is beginning of NOV.

there are roughly 3 supps/ 1 dex that is landing in nov.

likely, 1 book a week in nov.

my guess is

nov 7 Death watch

nov 14 blood angels

nov 21 death guard

nov 28 wolves

FYI...I just noticed the SM stratagem "Commanding Oratory" for the chaplain lets you auto generate a litany in ANY phase

This is currently legal for our wolf priest builds

For deep strike charge lists...this means you can use a jump pack or terminator armor to arrive and pop the stratagem the in the charge phase AFTER you arrive for a guaranteed canticle of hate

soonest our supp or any supp starts to land is beginning of NOV.

there are roughly 3 supps/ 1 dex that is landing in nov.

likely, 1 book a week in nov.

my guess is

nov 7 Death watch

nov 14 blood angels

nov 21 death guard

nov 28 wolves

Ah I thinks thats pessimistic.

IIRC they announced the order and we are before Deathguard.

Also they dont like releasing things the second last weekend of the month because of payday schedules and these supplements esp ours will be big enough, especially if theres a model release alongside it.

Late Nov is normally when they start announcing/hyping the big Christmas boxes too. Am straying out of my comfort zone now but does Thanksgiving affect sales/releases in North America?

Litany of Hate + Ragnar for rerolls and a lot of Deep Striking Wolf Guard look very tempting...

I am bringing wulfen axe/shield dreads and murderfang out of reserve with an auto canticle of hate buff

7s rerolling the charge

Just need 1 of them to succeed and most enemies will be annihilated

Then I should be deep in his lines and have HI tricks as a follow up move

This is my 1st draft new SW list

WL gets rites of war for obsec terminators/characters and angelsis relic

I lob some artillery and defend turn 1 then launch an all out attack when reserves arrive turn 2

Vanguard (-3 CP)

HQ

Master of Sanctity (Wolf Priest)

Jump

Elite

Wulfen Dread Axe/Shield

Wulfen Dread Axe/Shield

Murderfang

Judiciar

Judiciar

Invictor w/ autocannon

Fast Attack

Cyberwolf

Spearhead (-3 CP)

HQ

Chapter master (Wolf Lord)

Jump + Combi-melta + TH

Fast Attack

Cyberwolf

Cyberwolf

Elite

5xWolf Guard Terminators

4xCombi-melta/storm shield + Combi-melta/TH Sgt

Heavy

Eradicator

Relic Whirlwind Scorpius

Eradicator

Relic Whirlwind Scorpius

2000 Total

6 CP

Ulrik has the better stat line by a not insignificant margin and leadership aura. His auto inspire slayers oath also is pretty nice if you intend on using those stats.

I’d say there’s a place for him in a list that needs something to bridge the support and frontline gap. MOS is the same points for a weaker stat line and aura while ulrik also gets 2 litanies per command. I’m not sure what metric you’re looking at here, maybe I missed something.

Edited by PeteySödes

Just keeping fingers crossed for a bit of wulfen strat support in the supplement. All they need is one for advancing and charging , and another for giving fnp (both of which have been created for other factions in the past) and they will be good to go.

Yeah given how a lot of special rules have gone into strats hopefully they get something like that or an extra attack aura

Agreed on Lone Wolf, so many options for it now to make Super Sergeants

Ulrik has the better stat line by a not insignificant margin and leadership aura. His auto inspire slayers oath also is pretty nice if you intend on using those stats.

I’d say there’s a place for him in a list that needs something to bridge the support and frontline gap. MOS is the same points for a weaker stat line and aura while ulrik also gets 2 litanies per command. I’m not sure what metric you’re looking at here, maybe I missed something.

He has one BS and one AP on his crozius over a standard Primaris chaplain and one wound over a firstborn in power armor.

Slayers Oath +  Beastslayer could be better than Wise Orator if the situation ever comes up, but for that to happen you have to:

A) Get a move 6" model into combat with a Character or Monster

B.) Early enough in the game that its relevant

C) while ensuring he alone gets the actual kill

Unless all of that happens, Litanies still go off on 3+ and you don't get the discount on the auto-cast strat, which will likely come up numerous times.

Edited by CrystalSeer

Apologies if this is too off topic but given the escalating Nurgles Rot situation in the UK but especially in Nottingham youd hope theyd learn from the start of the year or be scared enough by it to speed up releases as much as possible

I have a feeling they already are, but social distancing creates alot of issues for distribution and manufacturing in my experience. Space is at a premium for both and alot the workstations can't be moved with out alot of effort.

The errata is a stop gap measure to get everyone on the same page with the new codex SM. We will get new traits, relics, strats etc without any doubt whatsoever or there would be no supplement. I'd expect some of the character data sheets to also change and perhaps even a slightly modified structure maybe offering an extra hq or a pre-battle strat for that. Hope so. The errata is not a problem for gw in terms of mistakes etc because it is disappeared when the supplement arrives, it just had to be issued to bring about the end of 8th.

Don't know about sagas but not being in the errata has no bearing whatsoever on them being in the supplement or not; they might just be fluff monster awesome, no way to tell yet. Biggest thing for me is the priest status re apothecary strats and abilities.