Codex: Space Wolves Errata and Preview

Vassakov

Arjac losing his extra attack aura was a big blow but I can see why it's gone, our Bladeguard are already approaching being obnoxiously good already and like te good Shepard said, we now have a LOT of Wolf Guard units.

Can't wait to get stuck into this new supplement

Attaching a Bladeguard (to a T4 unit) would seem like the way to go for the rules team

5 types of Lieutenant/Battleleader inc mounted

Company Champion

3 types of Ancient

Veteran Intercessoes

Bladeguard

Wolfguard

TWC

Terminators

Arjac

Canis

I think thats all our Wolfguard as it stands?

Maybe they'll let us stick a veteran intercessor or a blade guard onto a unit, like we can with a wolf guard or wolf guard terminator?

It just does catch my eye that they have a mechanic in the Deathwatch index to add a model from another datasheet, which could easily be adapted to make that happen.

Doing it that way would also be a more clever way of constructing a traditional SW-style squad, using the base building blocks from the Codex to implement it.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Jump pack wolf guard look amazing now, if they can have wolf claws and the space wolf weapons (those can frost weapons) are better costed i'm all in and making some Primaris sized ones.

Just think of wolf / lightning claws with masses of attacks and those juicy wound rerolls, paired with the vicious executioners strat. Ouch!

Edited by NatBrannigan

I slept on how good Jump Pack Wolf Guard are now

Claw and shield is mathematically the best combo I think. Even if you claws are S4, they are good. If we get back S5 claws back in our codex, they will be awesome. I am just waiting for the new codex before I starting building. :biggrin.:

Considering they basically made all of the power weapons equivalent to 8e frost, I wouldn't be surprised if frost weapons just go away (boo GW). Hopefully, we get a neat new helfrost mechanic (the MW on natural 6 wound rolls would be beautiful) that then all frost weapons get.

Edited by Gherrick

I wouldnt be surprised either. Even Great Frost Axe got toned down (no extra attack on the charge) and Wulfen datasheet has Wulfen frost claws not frost claws (so hoping we still keep Wolf claws as +1S)

They seem to want to speed up/streamline the game by cutting out some rolls but especially rerolls but there is still the posibility of frost weapons giving mortal wounds on wound rolls of 6 or auto wounding on 6 to hit or something along those lines. I would be less hopeful of the if the target is wounded but not killed on a 4 or 6 plus it gets a mortal wound

Intriguing,I was not expecting a custom unit (although it is rules only) Reivers certainly need a role and I guess this is one way of giving them one.

So presumably our new codex will be up for pre-order on the 31st of October and released on the 7th of November.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/10/25/sunday-preview-brothers-in-arms/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=WHTV&utm_content=whtvpreview2502020

Our deadnoughts are in an incredible place right now. I've been running bjorn, a master of the forge iron priest, and wgbl on tw, 3 tricked out grey hunter squads in lasbacks, some thunderwolf cav, a axe/shield wulfen dread, a redemptor, and a relic contemptor with THB, chainfist, and cyclone missle launcher. I've beaten my friends necrons and deathguard consistently with it, including an awesome moment where bjorn brought the Silent king from 19 to 1 wound and the wulfen dread finished him off. Our army is an incredible deathball that plows through the board. You have to engage all or none of ut with heroic interventions and dreads are very tanky now with great healing.

Intriguing,I was not expecting a custom unit (although it is rules only) Reivers certainly need a role and I guess this is one way of giving them one.

So presumably our new codex will be up for pre-order on the 31st of October and released on the 7th of November.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/10/25/sunday-preview-brothers-in-arms/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=WHTV&utm_content=whtvpreview2502020

I will cackle if we not only get first chapter specific Primaris unit but also the only good (non Blood Angel) Reivers

The 2 upgrade sprues and 5 Intercessors from our existing Start Collecting box and hey ho hounds of morkai

Cant see them not being an elite though sadly

Edited by Dark Shepherd

Invictor Warsuit on the Combat Patrol box looks like it has Grey Hunter pack markings.

Maybe we'll see some lore in the supplement on more integrated markings for the various new units.

And don't Death Company Intercessors count as the first chapter-specific Primaris unit, even if no direct kit yet?

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Invictor Warsuit on the Combat Patrol box looks like it has Grey Hunter pack markings.

Maybe we'll see some lore in the supplement on more integrated markings for the various new units.

And don't Death Company Intercessors count as the first chapter-specific Primaris unit, even if no direct kit yet?

We win that title due to a direct kit.

Even if its just reboxing existing stuff :)

I will cackle if we not only get first chapter specific Primaris unit but also the only good (non Blood Angel) Reivers

The 2 upgrade sprues and 5 Intercessors from our existing Start Collecting box and hey ho hounds of morkai

Cant see them not being an elite though sadly

White scar reivers are pretty solid. Advance and charge plus 2D during the assault doctrine make them more than an annoyance.

Considering they basically made all of the power weapons equivalent to 8e frost, I wouldn't be surprised if frost weapons just go away (boo GW). Hopefully, we get a neat new helfrost mechanic (the MW on natural 6 wound rolls would be beautiful) that then all frost weapons get.

The marine codex already has the rules for helfrost pistols and canons. I seriously doubt that they will override them with the supplement. Besides, they already have a high damage value, I doubt they would add mortals on top

I HOPE.

HOPE.

Hounds of morkai are a TROOP choice.

WOlves already have a billion elite options

I understand the practical desire for this, but from a fluff perspective I hope you're wrong.

I just want them to feel elite. More worried that they will be reivers with 5++ against mortal wounds caused by a psycher.