Si Vis Pacis Para Bellum. Something Big (sorta clickbait) :D

space wolf

Noigrim: I see what you're saying. I actually like them to be all different sizes, but they are probably a little bigger than they need to be, so I will watch that. I appreciate the feedback :)

Bjorn, naryn, ranulf: thank you guys! I'm glad you like it! :)

Off to a promising start. I like the eagle talons on the feet.

I noticed that the eagles you sculpted only have one head rather than the two headed Imperial Aquila symbol.

Is that to fit with the Roman theme?

Partially yes, but also because I kind of feel aside from the chest aquilla, two headed eagles should be a rarity. Ultras have a lot of eagle iconography due to their roman influence, but the squilla is the symbol of the emperor so that should be reserved for custodes or something more official. Does that ramble make sense?

Partially yes, but also because I kind of feel aside from the chest aquilla, two headed eagles should be a rarity. Ultras have a lot of eagle iconography due to their roman influence, but the squilla is the symbol of the emperor so that should be reserved for custodes or something more official. Does that ramble make sense?

It makes sense to me :yes:

So, I need everyone's help.  I can't decide what helmet to give this captain.  I have the one from the Ultramarines upgrade sprue...which looks good.  But I also have a modified victrix helmet, which also looks good.  The question is, if I go with the victrix, would he be confused for a victrix?   Also, should I give this guy a cape or something?  See pics below.

oImuVPC.jpg

3F0PPgh.jpg

3gGvkdF.jpg

75oi6vs.jpg

dhk9ZVL.jpg

XzeLDap.jpg

C&C welcome, thanks for stopping by

Also vote for the upgrade sprue helmet! Not sure about a cape, I really like the shaping on the back rn and itd be a shame to cover it up. Maybe some long purity seals could give a similar effect without hiding so much?

Another for the upgrade sprue helmet here, as has been mentioned the Victrix helmet is quite busy and on a model that already has a lot going on, might be a good idea to have something a little simpler to rest the eye on? Think I said that right...

Use the one from the upgrade sprue. The Victrix helmet is best reserved for a Victrix Guard Captain/Champion- the "wings cover my mouth, preventing me from speaking" is NOT appropriate for someone who has to make his orders heard across a noisy battlefield, like a Company Commander.

Excellent work on the green stuff additions.

Well the vote was practically unanimous, so I went with the upgrade sprue head.  I present to you....

Legatus Publius Horatius Cocles

dabgaDX.jpg

Known as Cocles  or “one eyed” by the rest of the company, Publius gained that moniker through an act of sheer heroism and tenacity.  He and his squad of bladeguard held the Sublicius Bridge against a horde of Tyranid genestealers and their human collaborators, on the planet of Rebos.  A key planet in the system, Publius protected a critical munitions plant from falling into xenos hands.  During the battle, he decapitated the broodlord leading the attack, but not without the loss of his right eye.  Viewing the scar as a badge of honor, Publius has never seen the need to get the wound repaired, and ritualistically marks his helmet on that side with a deep scratch.  With Sicarius gone, Publius was named interim captain. Since their journey to reach Ultramar has taken years longer than expected, as far as the crew of the Aquila Umbra are concerned, he is simply THE captain.

Publius is a somber, quiet man, who leads with a proficiency born through extensive battle experience.  Never one to shout or lose his temper, Publius only asks his brothers to stand shoulder to shoulder, and fight. While he favors a straight forward confrontation, with the Umbra’s limited resources and manpower, Pulbius has had to, on numerous occasions, showcase just how cunning he can be.

Brothers, stand with me! The night is long, but the darkness cannot last forever!

VVyJgYd.jpg

kRIRfLO.jpg

3PACl5S.jpg

w9EEuqM.jpg

xMwg4cQ.jpg

CBVINE3.jpg

4TFbDFG.jpg

So a word about this guy.  He is actually based on an old Roman person of legend.  As far as we know, he existed, but whether history happened the way the Romans say it did is another matter all together.  Anyway, what do you guys think?

C&C welcome, thanks for stopping by!

• 2 weeks later...

Much appreciated guys! I'm pretty happy with him!  I've got quite a few projects in the making.  I'm currently working on primaris sized relic terminators, and probably primaris sized attack bikes.  And I just got a unit of aggressors in as well.  I'm doing this all while trying to finish painting up this last squad of dudes.  More to follow on those projects.  In the mean time, here is:

Brother Claudius

Nd2jiHu.jpg

Brother Claudius is the true idealist of Squad Ferox.  A true believer, Brother Claudius seeks to exemplify all that is heroic and good.  He often will go out of his way to help mortal imperial citizens when they are in danger.  Viewing himself as their advocate, he will often respectfully butt heads with Centurion Diocletian, when sacrificing Imperial lives, are necessary for the success of the battle.

“They need our help, brother.  We should make that a priority!”

HNXHuJt.jpg

hf7bxIV.jpg

Yzi9YJZ.jpg

K7bbLXp.jpg

C&C Welcome, thanks for stopping by!

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, its been a minute.  I've been working on some stuff, so here it is.

Bjorn: sorry, i didn't see your question. That is lightning and lighting on the sword.  I'll get a picture up in a bit

WotE: Thanks man, I like the look of the cracked worn leather, myself.

Brother Trajan

OXvwxxj.jpg

Shy by nature, Brother Trajan overcompensates with an exuberant enthusiasm.  Always eager to be “first in, last out,” Trajan always seeks to face that which is most dangerous.  To the chagrin of his brothers, Trajan, often “brooks no argument,” and takes point.

“Aye Brother Dio, taking point.”

loi3B3S.jpg

p836FrP.jpg?1

9x11WgP.jpg?1

skhTrWK.jpg?1

Brother Ovid

rJgsRNa.jpg

Brother Ovid takes a great interest in the historical record of the imperium.  He is known to consistently keep a journal, and his helmet camera is always recording the exploits of Squad Ferox.  Ovid is held in high esteem by his fellow brothers, however that doesn’t stop them from ribbing him about his interests.

“Those who forget history, brothers, are doomed to repeat it.”

cvsKT98.jpg

KJZxAsW.jpg

LqpZvhI.jpg

fBMUdPq.jpg

Assault Intercessor Squad Ferox

pWXElHn.jpg

Ferox meaning “aggressive,” this squad is exactly that.  Always advancing, under Centurian Diocletian, they marry advancing fire with ferocious close combat skills.  Often utilized as shock troops, Squad Ferox, can often be seen breaking the target after the initial opening salvo from other intercessor squads.   So successful, at this, they have been, it has become their reputation amongst the 2nd.  “Send in Ferox, and they will break them.”

Hope you guys like them, C&C welcome, thanks for stopping by!

Here is some of the other WIPs I have.  Some Aggressors, and Relic terminators.  For the Termis, I plan to keep them pretty cheap, with lightning claws and combi bolters...this makes them a nice little teleporting unit with some threat. The Sgt has a chain fist...just in case, I need to hit something that is harder than infantry.

Qoyq6KM.jpg

uo7IXkL.jpg

Vqy0Hk0.jpg

pYSwLWo.jpg

1RuUNCl.jpg

Lm7fUIN.jpg

q1pjQoN.jpg

HgnYyy7.jpg

XwFFOCS.jpg

DLfr9vc.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Lunkhead: Thank you! that really is quite the compliment!

Majkhel: I'm really happy you feel that way.  That is exactly what I was trying to accomplish.

War009: Thank you!

So I've finished the Centurion for my relic terminator squad...finished converting that is.  When the weather gets a bit warmer I'll prime this guy and paint him.  In the mean time I have four other terminators to do.  They are almost done, and I'll post some pics up in the next few days.  Having been a conversion between repulsor legs, classic terminator torsos, grey knight heads, and chaos lightning claws, I hope i pulled of the look.  Any suggestions please feel free to shout them out.

uoVIc5A.jpg

Op0CD9w.jpg

FOUyyFG.jpg

tYU87Aj.jpg

twvrGOJ.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!