Si Vis Pacis Para Bellum. Something Big (sorta clickbait) :D

space wolf

• 2 weeks later...

So its been a minute.  Since I'm trying to create this army on as small a budget as possible, I had a unique challenge.  I already created a chaplain, but I have since bought the DA combat patrol box (the dread, I've already posted).  I don't need another chaplain...a hooded one at that, so I've decided to turn him into a librarian.  From what I know about Ultras, there is really NO reason to NOT take Tigurius.  So...CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

H9HOKZu.jpg

GuF4xgh.jpg

o661ELs.jpg

shVkkzZ.jpg

LMK what you guys think.  I wanted to make him recognizably Tigurius, but since my marines are extra romanized, I thought I'd switch out the backpack banner, for a backpack standard.  I'll bring in some more roman elements in the paint scheme.

C&C Welcome, Thanks for Stopping By!

Nomad:  Oh you noticed that...its my version of an attack bike...I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to make that one work.  Thank you for the kind remarks :)

Baer:  Thanks man, I'm happy you like him.

So I need your opinions.  below is a pic of my infiltrator WIPs.  I was planning on painting them black, with the inner shoulder pad ultras blue, and pouches dark brown.  Do you think these are "roman" enough to fit in with the rest of my army?

0t7OV3b.jpg

CpqIOEE.jpg

and some eliminators...similar paint scheme, with cloaks and rifle coverings to match the bases.

6RxgFiz.jpg

l7RKk0X.jpg

aLul50s.jpg

307prWZ.jpg

zzOds2a.jpg

7Riemk3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

ooh good suggestion.  totally took that!

Putting some work in on Calgar...and mine wont just be standing there posing.

CX3R8Kd.jpg

EPz8gAv.jpg

iM1cak3.jpg

Sorry for the blurry photos.  What youre looking at is Calgar's left fist (the one usually in the air).  I've repositioned it.  Additionally I have somewhat ironically, used a multipart skeleton model as an actual skeleton for the chaos cultist he will be "choking the life out of."  If you look closely you can see some of the musculature I've started to sculpt on it.

C&C Welcome, Thanks for Stopping By!

Very nice greenstuff work, I especially like what you've done with the Librarian. Fantastic converting and really gritty pain job to ground the elaborate detailing. Great work on the cultist as well, very nice stuff all round.

Thanks Doghouse! I greatly enjoy your work.

Anyway, I've almost finished converting Calgar.  I wanted my Marneus to look more like this pic below

9QCNWoT.png

BAAAAAAD@@@@@SS!!  This guy doesn't pose with his fist in the air....HE GETS INTO IT!!!

So here is my rendition.  I have a little work left to do on the feet of the cultist, but other than that I think I'm done.  If any of you guys have any comments or criticisms I would appreciate it, as this IS the time to fix anything that needed fixing.

fQ3hqNp.jpg

O7GrzkU.jpg

jV5sors.jpg

wq7iVrd.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

Once again Brother space wolf, there just aren't enough 'likes' for all the cool stuff you're doing here:thumbsup:  Thanks for sharing this with us. I'm especially grateful for your works in progress.... very helpful:yes: I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Custom hero: thanksan, glad you like it!

Lunkhead: thanks brother! I didn't think my wips were all that helpful. Would you like to see a more in depth look at the process? Would that be helpful to you?

Shovellovin: thanks man, I really appreciate it. I'm trying to decide if I should change out one of the cultists arms to one holding a knife or a spear. As it stands it almost looks like the cultist jumped to attack, and marneus caught him in mid air. What do you guys think?

I'm trying to decide if I should change out one of the cultists arms to one holding a knife or a spear. As it stands it almost looks like the cultist jumped to attack, and marneus caught him in mid air. What do you guys think?

I like the cultist as-is. I think it looks like Marneus Calgar grabbed the cultist by the neck and is getting ready to crush him. The cultist knows that he is done for but is struggling anyway. I’d imagine that if a marine grabs you by the neck with a power fist, you’d drop whatever weapon you have and immediately try to protect your neck. You wouldn’t think about fighting but loosening the grip that is crushing the life out of you.  

Doghouse:  Thank you sir, I'm a fan of your stuff.

Shovellovin: Well, I decided to take your advice.  Thanks!

So I've finished up the last bits of the base and such.  I may have overdone it a bit on the prime....I tried to make OSL easier for me with the muzzle flash, and ended up overspraying on his knee pad.  I was able to get a fair amount of it off tho...hense the different kneepad colors.

qGWCedG.jpg

bsJDAvH.jpg

NdnyHP9.jpg

PfOLBZ2.jpg

C&C Welcome, Thanks for stopping by!

Just amazing work. Especially the green stuff work in general, its inspiring. The guy Marneus is holding and the front of the dreadnought are prime(Historical nitpick; Roman statues were brightly painted with tempura paints that wore off over the years. The neo-classical of the solid white is a much better aesthetic though with the army. Especially with that paint job good work!) I saw something about chariots, and seeing a war engine like a Balistae or siege tower modified rhino would be awesome, the Roman inspiration give over 1000 years of history to draw on so I'm excited for what your going to come out with next and will definitively keep an eye on this page.

Ranulf:  Thank you! :) I hope my painting skills are up to the challenge.

Necros:  You certainly know your history.  That's pretty much why I went with the bare marble look....plus I don't think I have the skill to pull off painting something to look like painted stone.  Thank you for the very kind compliments.  :smile.: