Si Vis Pacis Para Bellum. Something Big (sorta clickbait) :D

space wolf

Really, really inspiring build! I'm almost disappointed you used ready armour plates :P
But really that sculpted lion head is fantastic! Looks like an actual roman or renaissance depiction of a lion (you know, made by people that never actually saw one, but it still delivers that message). Also one has to acknowledge the great job on the fur and all the other places, well done!

Thank you gents. I'm pretty proud of this one. I feel like it's much easier to convert with a larger medium...even if some of them were ready made bits ;)

Thanks Nomad! I hope I do the spinner barrel justice...

Brother Agrippa -- The Lion of Nemia

MzCHCda.jpg

Dropped behind enemy lines, Ultramarine Eliminators specialize in assassinating enemy generals and key personnel, without being spotted.  Such missions were routine for Brother Agrippa, until he and Squad Festuca (Splinter) dropped onto Heracles Prime.  A feudal agriworld, Heracles Prime held no strategic value.  The orks in the system had been slowly amassing, the infant steps before an inevitable WAAAAAGH! would be formed.  Their first conquest would have been Heracles Prime, which would allow the orks to gain momentum, and their leader to consolidate his hold over the fractious greenskins. The Ultramarines of The Aquilla Umbra, would not allow that to happen.

Festuca was tasked with inserting onto the eastern end of the Brachium subcontinent: whereby they would elimate the ork Warboss (Boss Skaggrak); while the rest of The Umbra’s forces engaged the greenskins from the western end.  This would allow for the remaining ork forces to be mopped up as they fall to leaderless infighting.  Unfortunately, things did not go according to plan.  Unbeknownst to them, Festuca’s drop insertion was picked up by an unusually sophisticated ork AA detection grid.  When the dust had cleared, and Festuca had hit planetside, only Agrippa was alive.   To make matters worse, all communications seemed to be cut off.

Agrippa made his way westward, hoping to make his way through enemy lines, perhaps complete his mission, and link back up with his brothers in the west…he would never make it.  As it happened, he came upon one last holdout city.  The town was located on an island in the middle of the wide, Anguis River.  A trading hub for the entire subcontinent, the town was called Nemia.  The local townsfolk, had managed to stave off the green tide advance through a little luck, a lot of bravery, and natural topography of their location.  But they were losing, and they knew it.

Agrippa vowed to do what he could to help these people.  For a score of days he harried the ork forces around the town.  Picking off Nobs with a single shot, from the Ecclesiarchal bell tower, or setting off improvised explosives on the roads near the river to ambush ork supply vehicles.  By day two, he was out of ammunition for his rifle, and had over three hundred notches on his barrel.  By day twelve, almost a thousand greenskins lay dead on the banks of the Anguis, due to IED’s or Agrippa’s sharpshooter’s eye.  By day twenty, Skaggrak dedicated a full quarter of his forces to level the town, and ease the pressure on his supply chains.

More than three thousand orks stood on the banks of the river, bracketing the town.  Low on ammunition (even for the boltgun, that he had requisitioned from the Nemian Armory) Agrippa knew the Nemian defenders would need to make every shot count.  During the night, the defenders opened the gates to the westward bridge, and left it clear.  Seeking to take advantage of the “Humee’s stupidity,” the green tide swept forward…into a bottleneck.  There, each bolter round could take the head of at least three orks.  Agrippa, and a few defenders, led a slow retreat into the center of the city.  Retreating from defensive position to defensive position, Agrippa and the defenders punished the orks, mercilessly, for every meter of Nemian soil they trod on.  By day break, the rest of the Ultramarines arrived.  The war was over.  Skaggrak’s forces had been crushed, and the forces of the Umbra, had heard the tales of the little city that refused to fall. 

When they arrived at Nemia, they saw a hellscape.  The majority of the town’s non-combatants had been sequestered in the Munistorum fortress in the center of the city.  Nemia’s defenders were dead: only the lucky few who were chosen to be the last line inside the fortress had survived.  What remained of the Orks forces had fled, back across the river only to be mopped up by the advancing forces of the XIIIth.  The streets were stained with the brackish green fluid of ork blood. Piles of corpses littered the winding narrow streets, toward the city center.  At the center, in the town square, in front of the Munistorum building, was the largest pile of all.  And atop it was Agrippa, critically injured.  His armor cracked, his left arm gone, and the right half of his face torn away, he was no longer breathing. 

The Nemian’s cheered as they saw their saviors arrive.  Calls of “LEO, LEO, LEO, LEO,” could be heard from the rooftops of the Munistorum building.  The Sons of Guilleman, didn’t understand the purpose of these cheers, until they were greeted by the Mayor.  He told them, of the battle, and how it was Agrippa, who had fought like a lion, and rallied them to win the battle. The Apothecary, Brother Malcus, did what he could, to stabilize Agrippa, but he knew he would not recover.  There was only one way to keep a fighter such as this, alive.

CiSFC8D.jpg

Hidden Content

i5RxcvW.jpg

7o9RoUW.jpg

mlGHnC0.jpg

3cEGn7C.jpg

AbJ3h1h.jpg

orY7sM2.jpg

Gi2nkLb.jpg

AqxOAx9.jpg

Well, I'm pretty satisfied with this guy. I admit, in the photos, when looking at the Gatling Cannon, the greenstuff transition, isn't soooo smooth.  I didn't really notice it with the naked eye...but you know how pics can be, lol. Anyway I had to revisit Atullus, (and make him "fancier") so that he would fit well right next to this guy.  What do you guys think?  C&C Welcome, Thanks for stopping by.

Your Ultramarines are excellent. I love that you have taken the Roman aesthetic of the Ultramarines and dialed it to 11. I especially like this most recent dreadnought. I don’t see anything to criticize about your free stuff on this model, it may just be a case of the creator always being his own harshest critic. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. 

You guys humble me. Thank you for such kind words!

Up next, we have the first two members of The Mactassar.

Brother Centurion Barabus

PGUVK5Z.jpg

VRurBpA.jpg

9lb5xFK.jpg

mpUgX1f.jpg

NLj3V0a.jpg

UozW72S.jpg

AAAAAAND...

Brother Seneca

r3txL9m.jpg

4kSci2X.jpg

IeyRE8q.jpg

ZnMa5JG.jpg

AgY6pqY.jpg

3yh46mB.jpg

A very special thank you to Dr_Ruminahui, who I wouldn't be able to make this squad of Relic Terminators without his Lighting Claw bits.  Thank you again!

What do you guys think?  C&C Welcome, Thanks for stopping by.

Thanks Brothers!  It's been about 10 months since I've started this project....and here is what I have to show for it.  About 2600 points.

DDbz6pa.jpg

YoOiYTN.jpg

SHyyWXl.jpg

H3MUmXb.jpg

Nm02kcE.jpg

o3AOBxD.jpg

XO5vLLf.jpg

More updates to follow...

C&C welcome, and thanks for stopping by!

Nomad: thank you! Iight just do that, but I'll wait until I'm done with the army. And I'm not sure when that will be. I have a few more units in mind, and if course, more dreadnoughts.

Majkhel: thank you sir! It certainly feels like one :)

Grail keeper: I may, unfortunately, vehicles are just not in a great place right now...but I do have an idea for a transport involving a lot of "shield work." TESTUDO!