Si Vis Pacis Para Bellum. Something Big (sorta clickbait) :D

space wolf

Pearson: thank you, it's always encouraging to know you like them!

Grail: Mmmmmm, that's a good idea! Thank you! When I get some outriders I may just do that! I know when I get a dread, I'm going to model the front like a marble freeze or maybe a triumphal arch. I'd like to work in death masks somehow.

Grail: Thanks! We shall see if my execution does the idea justice.  Upon further look, I agree with you, that his neck is a bit too long.  I did that so that he would be looking at a higher angle...but now that you've pointed it out I can't "unsee" it! :wink:  However, at this point, I don't want to do the work to change it, so I guess I'll have to accept it.

Brother Mercurian

K6DVKK2.jpg

Recently reassigned from Infiltrator Squad Umbra,  Mercurian adds his experience and expertise in asymmetrical warfare to Squad Mollitia. As second in command, Mercurian handles the day to day issues that may occur within the squad, as well as leads the second element when the squad has to split.

“Quiet now, brothers…here they come.”

Danqsig.jpg

jRLoqST.jpg

oG5vWug.jpg

hLCUEop.jpg

SmTLXE4.jpg

C&C Always welcome, thanks for stopping by!

Thank you! I'll have the last one done shortly. Then I'll take a group shot. Irs been a lot of work for these 5 models. It kinda feels like a big accomplishment being able to have a complete unit...even if it is a min size

Brother Lucius

1NF1Ywe.jpg

The youngest and newest member of Squad Mollitia, Lucius is almost as outgoing as Centurion Marius.  Easy going and friendly to both his fellow brothers and imperial mortals, Lucius takes the friendly ribbing of his battle brothers with a good sense of humor.

“Is the new guy going to have to show you, how its done!?”

FcYPFGx.jpg

KwRM6vj.jpg

LFhW60e.jpg

kn7op5R.jpg

Intercessor Squad Mollitia

tKjfzhP.jpg

High Gothic for resilience, Mollitia has proven time and again they can overcome extremely dangerous objectives.  Through the long arduous journey back to Ultramar, Squad Mollitia has conquered numerous threats.  Most notable are a renegade Knight Titan on the demon world of Ch’tobos, and a C’Tan shard on an unknown tomb world in the galaxy center.  Through faith, brotherhood, and optimistic ingenuity, Squad Mollitia, has proven themselves to be invaluable members of Battle Cruiser Aquilla Umbra’s crew.

C&C welcome, Thanks for stopping by!

So here is the latest WIP.  I got a really good deal for some intercessors and Death Watch models on ebay.  Unfortunately they were constructed with plastic glue, which will make converting more challenging....BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE! So I'm gunna do my best with these guys.  anyway, here is the next Centurion (Sergeant). Any comments or suggestions welcome.

cd7CUq4.jpg

5gmlBKi.jpg

xBfACAc.jpg

1oTU4oB.jpg

Thanks for stopping by

I call mine Decanus because the typical "full" Space Marine squad is closest to a contubernium, consisting of ten men under what we would call a NCO. But again, it's your choice.

A roman sergeant was called an optio, but the romans didn't have power armour so call yours whatever you want.

Isn't there a Space Wolf character on a chariot? Do you think you could do a Roman/Ultramarine version?

Logan Grimnar, yes.
99120101115_LoganStormrider01.jpg
I thought chariots (at least, their usage in warfare) weren't so much a legion thing as they were weapons of Rome's enemies, though? That might be Total War history talking, though. 

Edited by SvenIronhand

Thanks for the comments guys! This guy has so far been my favorite. But I'm working on a lieutenant now, so we shall see. (It's the one from indomitus...gotta figure out a way to convert a proper scutum)

As far as I knew, and I could be wrong, an optio was more of an "executive officer" to the centurions "commander". (To use modern military speak) The marine legions aren't organized in cohorts so, since historical accuracy is loose-ish anyway, I figured I'd pick the more recognized of the titles.

the romans didn't typically use chaoriots, but it's an intriguing idea...I'd have to figure a method to make a consistent looking spatha, but I needed to do that anyway for my outriders.

I thought chariots (at least, their usage in warfare) weren't so much a legion thing as they were weapons of Rome's enemies, though? That might be Total War history talking, though.

The Romans- and Medieval Europeans after them- were able to breed horses large and strong enough to bear an armored knight's weight, rendering chariots "dead weight" for their armies. If a nation doesn't have horse breeds of sufficient size and strength, then its armies must use chariots to fill the Fast Attack slot knights usually had in an army.

Maybe it might work for Gulliman on a triumphal procession.

The new space marine field gun thing (cant remember the name) might work as a the basis for a ballista.

I think you might be on to something...I can't remember the latin name for it, but it was called the "scorpion"

The Romans- and Medieval Europeans after them- were able to breed horses large and strong enough to bear an armored knight's weight, rendering chariots "dead weight" for their armies. If a nation doesn't have horse breeds of sufficient size and strength, then its armies must use chariots to fill the Fast Attack slot knights usually had in an army.

It's true, horse size definently affected force organization chart choices of antiquity. :P

Thank you! I was a little unsure about the armor plating, but I think it turned out ok

I like the leg armour plates on the one in the middle. It looks cleaner than the green stuff lines on the guy on the right.

Thank you, I hadn't noticed that. Looks like I have some filing to do!

So I got the converting on this guy done. Say nighty-night to space knightyness...and hello to moar Legiony-ness

r1TTiOL.jpg

C6LQnTz.jpg

emuy0GD.jpg

MkJknC4.jpg

in other news, the paint job on the 2nd centurion is almost complete, just waiting for first coat on the base to dry.

C&C welcome, and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Brother Centurion Sulla

uacm59t.jpg

Disciplined and terse, Centurion Sulla leads Intercessor Squad Immitis with textbook precision. Introverted and possessing of a sardonic sense of humor, Sulla can be seen in his off time, training and polishing his warplate.  While not known for his charisma, Sulla has earned his squad’s utmost respect, through unrelenting bravery, and silent stoicism.

“Attack plan Sigma, by the numbers!”

rA9SWaP.jpg

pO6BPSO.jpg

UcKXFtT.jpg

cUMLUHi.jpg

C&C welcome, and thanks for stopping by!