Si Vis Pacis Para Bellum. Something Big (sorta clickbait) :D

space wolf

Thanks guys. I'm not so sure about his head....I'm tempted to switch it out for the helmeted head. I just feel the facial expression isn't angry enough? What do you guys think?

If you're looking for a nasty bare head with this type of haircut, Intercessors kit has a nice one

s-l300.jpg

Or SM Vanguard kit

40K-Space-Marines-Sternguard-Heads-Bare-

Granted, they do not have bionic eye. You can try sculpting it perhaps?

So I'm working on a new marneus head sculpt....in the mean time, here is victrix Numero Uno.

I'm trying to make it look like a snapshot in time, where the cultist had charged, and the V. Guard has thrust into him, and is coming back to the recovery position as the cultist falls to the ground.  You guys let me know if I was successful.

zpjcZpI.jpg?1

C5mcW81.jpg?1

1lUM0G0.jpg?1

C&C Welcome, Thanks for Stopping By!

So I am SOOOOOOO much happier with this new calgar head.  I took one of the intercessor heads, per majkhel's suggestion, and modified it to look like Calgar.  IMO he has so much more of a Duke Nukem look to him. Like "I'm gunna rip your head of and :censored:  down your neck!"  Also, since I painted it separate, I was able to put so much detail into it....I know its a no brainer, but I think I'll probably paint bare heads like this from now on.

c52fUOW.jpg?1

OjvpjqP.jpg?1

DheB4Bh.jpg?1

• 2 weeks later...

Nomad:  Thank you, brother!  I'm quite happy with it too.

Majkhel: I'm happy you could too.  You pushed me in a direction I probably would not have gone.  Sometimes all you need is another opinion.

So I've finished my victrix.  I'll post up a picture of all three soon, but for now here are the twins.

gZGlx1r.jpg?1

I3BPH9L.jpg?1

rodTNQK.jpg?1

Kn4w839.jpg?1

b4BZYB4.jpg?1

rsHnP7f.jpg?1

VSzmfGb.jpg?1

xHSitcS.jpg?1

iUsZrzg.jpg?1

Well, what do you guys think?

C&C welcome, Thanks for stopping by!

Thank you gents!!  I've been hard at work trying to finish converting the used marines that I bought at a great discount.  I think quite a few of them were the monopose marines from the 8th ed starter box.  Unfortunately they were glued together with plastic glue.  It took some doing, but I think I got them straightened out.  Luckily they were lightly primed, so another prime won't ruin the detail.  Anyway, here they are, LMK what you think.

WD2pxpY.jpg

g9xuvUA.jpg

pioSKOd.jpg

f8iYSWd.jpg

i67O783.jpg?1

YFUa1IZ.jpg?1

i4HgC4j.jpg?1

PAbKmKo.jpg?1

MwtO13y.jpg

1OPS0Gu.jpg

7P4ksTQ.jpg

E9UaqZ5.jpg

Continued...

WQmqBRy.jpg

NSa8YK5.jpg

u244rb8.jpg

MqvoDWO.jpg

FzdfVQO.jpg

EOZjxLX.jpg

JU7AAhK.jpg

QDOt8b0.jpg

C&C Welcome, Thanks for Stopping By!

Fantastic work! You're really developing your skills with GS. The various ribbons look especially good.

One comment about the sergeant - that pistol arm is too short. It's not related to your skills or anything, it's just how this arm is cast. Unfortunately it shows quite a lot with the amount of extra width your GS decorations add to the mini.

Bjorn: thank you brother!

Majkhel: hmmm, I see what you're saying. I think what really shows it, is the extra length the other arm has with the power claw. Unfortunately, I've done to much at this point to fix it. (Dropped him twice while priming, had to glue the bits back on extra solid :( ) Luckily he's just one sgt of many, so hopefully no one will notice on the table :D. Thank you for bringing it to my attention though. If I could fix it, I would.

Nomad: thank you sir. I think they don't appear gaudy, because I weather them. If they stayed bright and shiney, I think they may just wander into that territory.

Bro Carp: thank you! And good looking out, but do not worry, I'll take care of them. :D

• 2 weeks later...

So it's been a little bit, I've been working on several things at the same time.  I'm almost done with converting a 4th intercessor squad, I'll post that up when I get an opportunity.  In the mean time, here is some of my progress on the primaris attack bike I was working on...if you guys looked closely in some of the photos, you could see it in the background.

rNs9M08.jpg

VWlx5R5.jpg

pX4QVwr.jpg

1Yd3H4a.jpg

C&C welcome, thanks for stopping by

Bonus post:  Just finished this guy up.

BROTHER CENTURION MILIUS

GymyIbN.jpg

Older than most of his peers, Brother Milius (or Milo to his squad) has spent much time in the First Company, before transferring back to the Second to be a Centurion.  His breadth of experience, particularly in terminator warfare, makes him a highly effective and brutal tactitian.  Under his leadership, Intercessor Squad Hasta, has developed a reputation of taking down targets much heavier and larger than themselves.

“Every suit of armor has its weakness, we just need to find it! Now, target that Titan’s knee!”

s76VYSr.jpg

mq8ldEW.jpg

hajTKwr.jpg

aNmMNVs.jpg

Well, what do you guys think.  I think this guy is so far my favorite "standard troop guy" I've made.  I'm pretty proud of the converted Mark II armor.  Anyway C&C Welcome, Thanks for Stopping By.

Strange to see the Centurion use his pistol, when his boltgun is hanging from his shoulder. I think it makes more sense to secure the boltgun to his backpack, and add bloodstains to the power fist- maybe to the bolt pistol itself- to show the Centurion chose to use the pistol in anticipation of close combat. (I thought of suggesting the boltgun magazine be removed to show he drew the bolt pistol because the boltgun is out of ammo, but boltguns and bolt pistols use the same ammo, as their identical Strength and Armor Penetration stats indicate. Makes more sense to simply reload the boltgun, instead of drawing a pistol, unless the boltgun has malfunctioned.)

The attack bike's Roman chariot-like gunner's position, looks most promising. Overall, I admire your efforts in customizing the models- including the Centurion's painting, detailing, and weathering.