The Mystery of the Stormcaller

Dark Shepherd

Only twigged this in goonhammer review, but we only got the Terminator datasheet for Njal...so

A. they just plain forgot

B. Are discontinuing the model*/only want one entry for him

3. Primaris Njal is inbound...but then Terminator Njal would go too along with the 2 models of him they sell

*webstore says sold out online/no longer available

Edited by Dark Shepherd

Both are Temporarily Out Of Stock online so no good clues there as neither is No Longer Available. My thought us they plan to just stick with the newer (Terminator) model and saw this as an opportunity to push that.

Did any other army have a character with 2 models active simultaneously?

Sammael on Sableclaw (Landspeeder) is similarly removed.

Tinfoil hat time would say #3. The PA Njal is extremely old. And although Azrael and Ezekiel are some of the oldest models still in the game, Sammael is a big ol' hunk of finecast resin and a right pain in the arse. So if they were to release new models, those seem like likely ones.

Note that both DarkShepard and Jbickb are correct - The Power Armor version of Njal is sold out online on the British store, but only marked Temporarily Out of Stock on the US webstore.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

It isn't odd, it just is now without context I think. There were other models like that in the past, such as Calgar, that had multi-armor options. It's just all of those besides Njal have gotten a new model and cleared out their previous versions.

It's much easier from a time when the models were metal when these were made.

Most likely they are just removing the Power Armoured Njal from sale and he'll only be available in Terminator Armour going forward.

Fits with the streamlining they are going for and frankly the old Njal model was showing its age when I started playing... in 2003.

They're definitely removing that kit from the range. More odd to me is the Sammael removal, which has the same kit as the Talonmaster. They're definitely doing something funky with these I think, as they left in Tycho (Both Death Company and normal) for BA, who would seem like the most obvious one of all these to move to legends at the codex transition.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

They're definitely removing that kit from the range. More odd to me is the Sammael removal, which has the same kit as the Talonmaster. They're definitely doing something funky with these I think, as they left in Tycho for BA, who would seem like the most obvious one of all these to move to legends at the codex transition.

Tycho is really weird though, as isn't he the same model in two different paint schemes to represent pre- and post- Black Rage?

Also I have literally never seen anyone use him so... *shrugs*

Yes, but the point is that other ones they removed also still have to have their kit in production.

Sammael on Sableclaw was also deleted with Njal in PA, but that is just made in the same way as the Talonmaster by combining the Landspeeder with the Ravenwing upgrade kit. So the 'kit' for that will have to remain in production.

Just removing kits or not isn't the only factor they considered here.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion