Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

da 1750 theory list for 9th

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

aura_enchanted

aura_enchanted

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,802 posts
  • Faction: dark angels

so with what we do know and what i have in my vast arsenal of rock made wonders i have sort of an idea for how i wanna assamble my task force going forward as close to TAC as i can

keep in mind i dont have points values yes but that doesnt stop me from at least dropping a general idea and then rebuild it as needs must

battallion:

hq:

chaplain on a bike

land raider excelsior

these seem like a reall good combo, i get the old rerolls of 1 even to my vehicles and this is the cheapest of the land raiders now nearly. i lose the +1 bs but get it back while stationary and it turns out land raiders dont move that much, i also lose the regen d3 wounds but that is something im willing to live with hes still tougher then a repulsor now thanks to his 5++

the chaplain on a bike just seems amazing, and potentially just auto include for his utility

troops:

2x5 intercessor squads, bolt rifles, sgts with power swords, aux grenade launchers

1x5 assault intercessors, power fist sgt 

this is sort of my default troops options these days, i dont use tacticals much anymore much to my dismay ive debated swapping the assault intercessors for infiltraitors though just good shooting, reasonable tank, good enough in melee and are at least viable for bike chaplain synergy

fast:

darkshroud

cause -1 to hit seems good in a wide aura

elite:

ravenwing apothecary, reliquary relic

1x5 deathwing command squad, 2 th/ss, 1 cf, 2 pf, 1 cml, 3 sb

contemptor dreadnaught, multi melta

my apothecary runs around providie the -1 to hit where he can, while reviving or healing as best he can, mobiltiy is the name of the game and hes good at it, the contemptor is just amazing, if the deredeo falls in points enough i may migrate to him with twin anvilus autocannons

heavy:

1x5 devestators, 2 multi melta, 2 heavy bolter

deimos laser tank destroyer

good anti tank, devestators ride in the drop pod

dedicated:

drop pod

no slot:

deathwing champion

deathwing ancient (relic banner)

eyyy no slot arent i cool, seriously though the deathwing champion exists to bail out the chaplain if he gets into hot water, the command squad rides in the raider, and when they pile out the ancient arrives to back them up

dark angles Skitarii , Forgotten Brotherhood

banners 4 sale by someone else on ebay

puppet shows on me

aura_enchanted

aura_enchanted

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,802 posts
Okay so here's my actual list, hang on to butts
Hq:

Land raider excelsior (200)

Primaris chaplain onna bike (115)

Troops:

2x5 intercessor squads, sgt with power sword and pistol, grenade launchers (220)

1x5 assault intercessors, sgt with power fist (105)

Dedicated:

Drop pod with deathwind launchers (70)

Heavy:

1x5 devastators, 4 heavy bolters (130)

Gladiator valiant, auto launchers (255)

Elite:

Terminator ancient, pennant of remembrance (100)

Ravenwing apothecary (100)

1x5 deathwing terminator squad, 3 hammer and shield, one chainfist, one cyclone missile (225)

That leaves me 230, I've been thinking maybe I bring in the rhino primaris with the points hes just 53 though, that would leave me 2 points leftover no matter what and still with points to spend

Edited by aura_enchanted, 10 October 2020 - 06:31 PM.

• Berzul likes this

puppet shows on me

aura_enchanted

aura_enchanted

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,802 posts

i decided to buy a second relic with 1 cp to give the chaplain the master crafted rule for his crozius arcanum to improve his melee stabby.

also if anyone is able please.. RAW seems to indicate i dont need to pay for the land raiders weapons, which clearly isnt RAI or that he has no weapons legally now. can someone please explain what my options are here.

puppet shows on me

Shaylen

Shaylen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts
I think the rules for excelsior are now in the legends pdf, which is fine if your group uses legends, just wanted to mention it as most don't allow them anymore!

Grand Master Raziel

Grand Master Raziel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 911 posts
  • Faction: Night Angels

Do you already have a Gladiator model, or are you planning ahead?

BHoA_2014_Banner_Artificer.jpg

Profile of the Night Angels

Check out my 40K blog: Crafting Cave Games

aura_enchanted

aura_enchanted

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,802 posts
Ahead

puppet shows on me

aura_enchanted

aura_enchanted

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,802 posts
So I've decided to commit what I consider a sin unto the lion himself and finally lay my excelsior to rest, brothers it pains me so but I shall no longer stride into battle upon my armored wonder tank and scatter all before me.

It will not be easy but I have decided that this is only for the best

In his place I will be running sam I am.. which is something I would have once deemed blasphemy if one of you had suggested it.

This frees up enough points I think for a generic bike squad with a few points for odds and ends.

I'm also going to pay 1 cp to give my chaplain the armor indomnitus

puppet shows on me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users