The Palanite's Lore

INKS

I know there isn't a ton but which book is best to buy for the lore on these guys, general lore of Necromunda itself. Is it just the basic rule book or is one of the supplements better for this?

If you're asking about the Palanite Enforcers, your best reference is Necromunda: The Book of Judgement.

Print / Digital

Necromunda is a world rife with lawlessness but the denizens of the underhive know the difference between the ongoing gang squabbles and true crime.

Expand your games of Necromunda with a wealth of new rules to add even more variety, scope and excitement to your battles in the underhive. With this book you can explore the never-ending conflict between elite officers of the law and the vast criminal organisations and enterprises of Necromunda.

Contents

• Crime on Necromunda: Extensive background on the vast criminal organisations and enterprises of Necromunda
  • Palanite Enforcers: Rules for fielding these elite officers of the law in Necromunda
  • Criminal Alliances: Rules for forming alliances with criminal organisations
  • New Campaign: The Law and Misrule campaign presents a new way to play as gangs fight over control of criminal rackets
  • Black Market: A huge selection of new weapons and wargear focusing on illegal and alien equipment for gangs to use
  • Hired Guns: Add Psyreena Skar, Estus Jet, Cor 'Two Guns' Coran, Vunder Gorvos, Gaen 'The Gunk Queen' Gorvos and Jonny Razor to your gang
This is an expansion to Necromunda. The Necromunda Rulebook and Gangs of the Underhive are required to use the contents of this book.

60040599022_NECBookOfJudgement01.jpg

If you want to throw down the money, you might alternately buy the Necromunda: Dark Uprising boxed set.

Like countless other worlds of the Imperium, Necromunda suffers from the curse of insurrection. Even though the Enforcers stamp out rebellion wherever they find it, there is no shortage of those willing to embrace the malevolent power of the Dark Gods. Now, the Corpse Grinder Cults prepare to launch a full-blown rebellion in the name of Khorne. Can you stop the dark uprising or will you join it?

Jump into the world of skirmish wargaming with Necromunda: Dark Uprising. Choose your gang and fight thrilling, fast-paced tactical games in one-off battles or across epic narrative campaigns where your fighters grow and develop. This boxed set is perfect whether you're new to the underhive or are a veteran ganger and contains all you need to start gaming. As well as two gangs, the box also contains 17(!) frames of scenery including Zone Mortalis columns, platforms, walls and doors.

Contents:

26 plastic miniatures, each supplied with a Citadel 32mm Round Base:

• 15 Corpse Grinder Cultists – Khorne-worshiping cannibals
  • 5 Palanite Enforcers – the law on Necromunda
  • 6 Palanite Subjugators – heavily armed officers bringing swift justice
  • A vast array of modular scenery
  • Double-sided play surface
  • All of the dice, tokens, cards and templates needed to play
  • An Enforcer Patrol transfer sheet
Also included is a 128-page softback rulebook containing:
  • Background on the rebellions that bubble under the surface of Necromunda and details of the fall of Hive Arcos
  • The rules for playing games of Necromunda
  • The Uprising Campaign – a complete narrative campaign featuring the desperate decline of a Hive
  • Multiple scenarios that capture the feel of a Hive descending into lawlessness
  • Rules for creating your own Enforcer Patrol or Corpse Grinder Cult gang
  • Rules for all of the weapons and wargear available to gangs and fighters through their House Equipment lists
  • Full list of all of the skills available to fighters

60010599002_DarkUprising01.jpg

Closest there is would be the Ambot, which is a drilling robot (https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Necromunda-Ambot-2019) - I think you can put it in any gang.

I would imagine that vehicle options will become available whenever they end up doing a wastelander (aka Madmax-esque) expansion  - now, whether we'll see sprues to repurpose the genestealer cultists' goliath (https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/goliath-rockgrinder-2016 and https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/goliath-truck-2016), ridgerunner (https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Genestealer-Cults-Achilles-Ridgerunner-2019) and bikes (https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Genestealer-Cults-Atalan-Jackals-2019), or have new vehicles, or both... we'll have to see.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

That just screams necromunda to me. I hope at some point they add rules for it. I do understand that the game itself is more about small gangs and all that. But it would still be cool. 

I do plan to add some Ambot's and hopefully painted and maybe even modeled to look more Palatine enforcer style.

They are just too cool for me not to at least have even if I might not field them often.