Death Korps of Krieg 3rd Siege Regiment, Blue Company

The Pounder

Thanks duz_ , MedicMike0708 and Green Scorpion!

Slave to Darkness, funnily you should say that as my boy has called it “The Beast!!!”

Bjorn Firewalker, it kind of evolved whilst I was painting it! It started of (while I was building it) as Canis Rex but then my son wanted it blue instead of red then finally he wanted the Ultramarine’s symbols on it!

Back on the Krieg!

Decided to do a Commissar (though I’ll be using them as a platoon commander for now)

I’ve been dying to add some Commissars to my collection as they just ooze character.

I went with my regimental blue rather than the traditional black and red but I think it works.

51000997706_0129fe0b46_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg Commissar

51001114142_348479380a_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg Commissar

51000997421_37495aa10e_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg Commissar

51001113847_6e0890f3f6_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg Commissar

Thanks for looking!

Thanks for the interest gents!

I checked the Forgeworld site today and now the Krieg range has been reduced even more.

I’ll still live in hope that something cool is round the corner and I can actually finish this project.

In the meantime I have to finish painting my Tyranids as they’re closer to a playable force!

Thanks for the interest gents!

I checked the Forgeworld site today and now the Krieg range has been reduced even more.

I’ll still live in hope that something cool is round the corner and I can actually finish this project.

In the meantime I have to finish painting my Tyranids as they’re closer to a playable force!

I hope something positive happens to the Krieg rannge. In the event it goes away don't for get that recasters are out there, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

Although I wouldn't be surpprised as I don't know what the shelf life for models are vs how GW/FW decides to change ranges or drop them. Fingers crossed for that delicious delicious plastic we all dream of.

Edited by duz_
No need to dwell on recasting

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Warhead01! Here’s hoping.

Well I’ve finally made some progress on my Krieg!

This time some heavy metal!

Sorry duz_ I couldn’t wait any longer!!

Love this model and for a large Forgeworld kit it was relatively easy to build.

I went with my usual colour scheme and numbering system (this is the 1st tank of 3rd Heavy Tank Company)

Enough preamble here’s the pics:

51069260617_e6038145bd_c.jpgMacharius Vanquisher

51069260412_b1b2e52089_c.jpgMacharius Vanquisher

51068462783_18a41554df_c.jpgMacharius Vanquisher

50999980965_9eebf996c6_c.jpgMacharius Vanquisher

50999980700_7bb987b39e_c.jpgMacharius Vanquisher

I was very happy to find the transfers (I think they’re for Cadians) and the words Gloriam Mortis which loosely translates as Glorius Death so seemed fitting for a Krieg tank!

GreenScorpion, thanks! The Macharius is halfway between a Leman Russ and a Baneblade.

duz_ looking forward to seeing yours! You’re gonna love it.

Thanks Mordian Glory! I’m in a similar position, I’ve been accused of hoarding by my wife! I need to make some progress before I buy anything new.

Next up will be another Commissar.

I like to think of it as early WIP stuff and it is not hoarding if you actually get through a part of it on a regular basis :D

My queue should start reducing soon, especially the paint queue, although I have a commitment of getting to 0 bits and that will take a while (especially because of heads, damned grognards).

Will patiently wait for pictures of your next Commissar, the previous one looked really nice :)

I hadn’t thought of it like that!

Next time she says anything I’ll use that line of reasoning!!

Sorry to spam updates, but I’m in the zone painting wise!

Today’s progress is another Commissar.

I think of the two this one is my favourite! He’s just standing there with his power sword on his shoulder waiting for the lads to go over the top! It just oozes menace I think.

51076384023_53391c2c88_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg Commissar

51007896695_d8dda7c4e1_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg Commissar

51077179252_0f071a028b_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg Commissar

51077178992_ba4c83caa3_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg Commissar

I’m looking forward to adding some more artillery!

Cheers GreenScorpion!

Thanks Etheneus, I wanted to try something a bit different with the gold effect and came up with that. I’ll definitely be using those colours on banners and stuff moving forward.

Mordian Glory, cheers man I’ll unashamedly post as many pics as possible!!

Thanks Bjorn Firewalker.

I’ve just built the models and base for a Heavy Mortar!

More pics soon.

Thanks for the interest.

Slow progress this week. That said I have managed to complete a Heavy Mortar!

Now I’ve painted one of each type of Artillery that I own! Bit of a milestone.

51095514615_a980dd894f_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg Heavy Mortar

51094710146_49c302a48d_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg Heavy Mortar

51094709526_fc37fc52cd_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg Heavy Mortar

51094786834_792a9d5619_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg Heavy Mortar

51094786014_d785828bda_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg Heavy Mortar

I think the base was just right on this field gun, I think the bases for the Heavy Artillery are a little bit small but that’s what I have so that’s what I’ll work with!

Next up will be another squad of Krieg Combat Engineers this time with a Mole Launcher!

Ooh thats a sexy Commissar, and that Siege Mortar... Damn son... :wub:

What size bases are the artillery pieces supposed to be on? Im gonna be picking up some 3D printed ones soon but they lack bases and I have no idea what the deal is with artillery basing. 

So when are we gonna see some Malcadors then?? :D  

Thanks Bjorn Firewalker!

Slave to Darkness, strictly speaking I’m not sure you have to put the artillery on bases (I just thought it would look cool!)

For the small bases I went with the 120x92 oval base and for the larger bases I used the 170x105.

As for Malcadors, I don’t really like the model tbh, so they’re not in my plans.

Haha! Cheers duz_ I’ll endeavour to be more productive!!

Thanks Pearson73! I thought that as the artillery and crew are now counted as one unit I could base them without fear of seeming a bit gamey!

It also made it more fun for me modelling and painting wise, I’m pleased with them and I’m glad you liked them.

Slave to Darkness, haha! It’s purely about looks, we still live and die by His Will!!