Death Korps of Krieg 3rd Siege Regiment, Blue Company

The Pounder

Thanks for the interest GreenScorpion!

I’ve got loads of plans for my Krieg.

Firstly is to finish my Artillery element (my first 2k list) then an Armoured component with Deathriders and tanks!

The models I currently have unpainted are:

2 Earthshaker Carriages, 2 Heavy Mortars and an Infantry Squad. I definitely need more Infantry.

So the army is taking shape! Hopefully the Medusa won’t take too long.

Well I’ve finished the last Medusa Carriage! Really happy with all the artillery (the number one reason I started this project!)

With this one I tried to make it look like it was being loaded so used the little stretcher type thing. I reckon it came out ok.

Next for the Krieg will be an Infantry Squad.

51285496773_0e4a5af715_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg Medusa Carriage

51286342580_57d393b1f3_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg Medusa Carriage

51284566377_8248b28a5b_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg Medusa Carriage

51286335130_930b8fc491_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg Medusa Carriage

I need to sort out my storage for this army so at the weekend I’ll go through it all. I’ll post a group shot while I’m at it. More to follow.

Thanks very much for the kind words lads! Really helps to keep me moving forward!

I had the chance to pull everything out and align it on a table, really happy.

So here’s Blue Company:

51286890186_13167e47f8_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg 3rd Siege Regiment Blue Company

51287611414_aef58b95cd_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg 3rd Siege Regiment Blue Company

51287610939_beca3da733_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg 3rd Siege Regiment Blue Company

51287610449_4556a99bce_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg 3rd Siege Regiment Blue Company

51287903890_80294a9e13_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg 3rd Siege Regiment Blue Company

My photography isn’t the best but I think you get the idea.

Looking at everything together it’s obvious I need more Infantry and Deathriders.

That’s definitely the next step for this project.

Thanks Bjorn Firewalker and GreenScorpion!

Not sure what’s next for the Krieg I have 4 Infantry Squads and 4 Artillery pieces unbuilt but I need to catch up on my son’s Ultramarines and my Tyranids.

Though I’m feeling cautiously optimistic about the GW Preview on Saturday! (c’mon plastic Krieg!!!!!)

Cheers for that WF!

Interesting development on the Forgeworld front.

The HQ squad with the Marshal is no longer available.

I know different elements of the Krieg range have been coming in and out of availability but it’s been completely removed (along with all the bundles) I’m hoping beyond hope that this means there will be some sort of Senior officer in amongst the Kill Team release!

I need a second Marshal for my list, who knows but I’m feeling optimistic about the preview!

Anyone else excited for tomorrow?

Cheers for that WF!

Interesting development on the Forgeworld front.

The HQ squad with the Marshal is no longer available.

I know different elements of the Krieg range have been coming in and out of availability but it’s been completely removed (along with all the bundles) I’m hoping beyond hope that this means there will be some sort of Senior officer in amongst the Kill Team release!

I need a second Marshal for my list, who knows but I’m feeling optimistic about the preview!

Anyone else excited for tomorrow?

I am, and am not. I'd had an inside contact warn me a ways back of intent to discontinue Krieg on FW, which is why I went and blasted through my own army of them in 2018-20.

I am, because more Krieg kits are always awesome! BUT I'm concerned about possible upscaling making these new guys looks like giants compared to the O.G. FW kits. If so, I'll likely just stick with my whole-FW force I got myself and call them done.

Thanks Dark Legionnaire and The Woodsman!

So it’s been confirmed, plastic Krieg are a go!!!

The sculpts aren’t as good as the Forgeworld ones but have plenty of options to choose from!

Firstly they’ll be available with the Kill Team then separately after.

Really happy.

Thanks Dark Legionnaire and The Woodsman!

So it’s been confirmed, plastic Krieg are a go!!!

The sculpts aren’t as good as the Forgeworld ones but have plenty of options to choose from!

Firstly they’ll be available with the Kill Team then separately after.

Really happy.

Amen, brother.

Plastic krieg look "meh", as in 'I'm not interested in them' "meh." Feel a bit Too "fat" and "streamlined". Not bad sculpts mind you, just.... Not that "legions of mildly-emaciated-from-god-awful-atmosphere, silent, weak, and average lads in trenchcoats with shovels" feel. Look like revamped Armageddon Legion if anything, to me.

I do have a weakness and bias for the OG lads, of course, so I suppose it's not totally subjective, but maybe folks agree

Edited by Dark Legionnare

GreenScorpion, I’ll probably end up getting a tonne of them once they’re on general release, but I can’t justify getting the Kil Team box.

I have no interest in Orks or selling on eBay!

Dark Legionnaire, as I said above, I’ll get them eventually but much prefer the Forgeworld sculpts. The GW Krieg feel a bit chunky for my liking.

So because of that I’ve now purchased a couple more Infantry Squads! That brings the total up to 6. Should get me by for now.

Just a matter of getting everything painted now!

GreenScorpion, I’ll probably end up getting a tonne of them once they’re on general release, but I can’t justify getting the Kil Team box.

I have no interest in Orks or selling on eBay!

When I said box I meant the sprue/kit shown not the actual kill team. Given the price of most past Kill Team boxes, I doubt I could justify such a purchase myself, even with the potentially useful terrain, as my main interest would be the minis. The same reason why I never got the rogue trader box, I disliked the chaotic models and it was too much money for a handful of miniatures :)

Still, I think I might pass the plastic Kriegs as I have enough infantry to keep me entertained :D

GreenScorpion, I don’t blame you! You do have tonnes of infantry to paint!

Slave of Darkness, thanks very much! Those Kommandos were made with Blood Axes in mind!

Also you will make good use of the terrain (which does look amazing) so it’s probably a win/win for you.

I’m starting work on my own infantry pile of shame tomorrow so I’ll have an update soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve finished my second squad! They are imaginatively called squad 2.

I decided to batch painted these. I have to admit it reduced the time taken considerably!

So for all my infantry I’ll run with it moving forward.

Here’s the pics:

51343252477_56ebb12c7f_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg Squad at Ease

51343251762_66c9b9bf99_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg Squad at Ease

51343248392_2dda2dac32_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg Squad at Ease

51343958771_ab54318e5d_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg Squad at Ease

51344188093_e23dc5bd19_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg Squad at Ease

We are His shovel!