Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 - Ultramarines Firstborn/Forgeworld - 9th Ed Codex

Ultramarines Firstborn

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

crazyterran

crazyterran

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 700 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

Hello All,

Just thinking about how I want to make my Firstborn list going into the new Codex - the buffs are quite nice, and of course the list will need to be revised whenever GW decides to release the updated FW datasheets, but until then...

I was thinking of dropping the Razorbacks back to the Rhinos and adding in a Techmarine to take care of the dreads, but his +1 to hit won't really do anything for them at the moment. The Praetor is the Bike Captain.

Biker Captain - Power Fist, Storm Bolter, Vengeance of Ultramar, Exemplar of the Chapter (-1cp), Warlord: Adept of the Codex, Paragon of War

LT - Power Axe, Plasma Pistol, Relics of the Chapter (-1cp): Seal of Oath, Jump Pack

Tacs: 5 Marines, Plasma, Combi-Plas, Astartes Chainsword (sgt)

Tacs: 5 Marines, Plasma, Combi-Plas, Astartes Chainsword (sgt)

Tacs: 5 Marines, Missile Launcher

Tacs: 5 Marines, Missile Launcher

Bikes: 9 models, 2 Melta, 1 Combi Melta, 1 Multimelta, everyone else switches BP to Chainsword

Leviathan: 2x Stormcannon Array

Contemptor-Mortis: 2x Twin Las, Cyclone Missile Launcher

Xiphon

Razorback: Twin Assault Cannon

Razorback: Twin Assault Cannon

Thoughts? 

Thank you,

Edited by crazyterran, 09 October 2020 - 05:37 PM.

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,538 posts

I like it. A good mix of Obsec, and some fun vehicles. (It does make me wonder what happens to the Stormcannons / Leviathan once the FW stuff comes out.)

I do really like the new apothecary rules for the upgrade cost of 15 points. But your list is certainly vehicle heavy so it works out.

I think I'd split the bikers up. Trying to get 2 MM attack bikes in the squads, even if they are smaller. First Born bikers are just so much better now, and the Multi Melta's are a serious threat.

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

crazyterran

crazyterran

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 700 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

I like it. A good mix of Obsec, and some fun vehicles. (It does make me wonder what happens to the Stormcannons / Leviathan once the FW stuff comes out.)

I do really like the new apothecary rules for the upgrade cost of 15 points. But your list is certainly vehicle heavy so it works out.

I think I'd split the bikers up. Trying to get 2 MM attack bikes in the squads, even if they are smaller. First Born bikers are just so much better now, and the Multi Melta's are a serious threat.

Hm, I do have more jetbikes, so I could split them up. the three meltas and a multimelta and then the chainswords and multimelta in the other, unless I wanted to buy more bikes. 

Would have to rejigger a few things.

I feel like they will drop two shots off the Stormcannon to better reflect that it's a 4 barrel autocannon, but it's GW, who knows!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ultramarines, Firstborn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users