2000 - Ultramarines Firstborn/Forgeworld - 9th Ed Codex

crazyterran

Hello All,

Just thinking about how I want to make my Firstborn list going into the new Codex - the buffs are quite nice, and of course the list will need to be revised whenever GW decides to release the updated FW datasheets, but until then...

I was thinking of dropping the Razorbacks back to the Rhinos and adding in a Techmarine to take care of the dreads, but his +1 to hit won't really do anything for them at the moment. The Praetor is the Bike Captain.

Biker Captain - Power Fist, Storm Bolter, Vengeance of Ultramar, Exemplar of the Chapter (-1cp), Warlord: Adept of the Codex, Paragon of War

LT - Power Axe, Plasma Pistol, Relics of the Chapter (-1cp): Seal of Oath, Jump Pack

Tacs: 5 Marines, Plasma, Combi-Plas, Astartes Chainsword (sgt)

Tacs: 5 Marines, Plasma, Combi-Plas, Astartes Chainsword (sgt)

Tacs: 5 Marines, Missile Launcher

Tacs: 5 Marines, Missile Launcher

Bikes: 9 models, 2 Melta, 1 Combi Melta, 1 Multimelta, everyone else switches BP to Chainsword

Leviathan: 2x Stormcannon Array

Contemptor-Mortis: 2x Twin Las, Cyclone Missile Launcher

Xiphon

Razorback: Twin Assault Cannon

Razorback: Twin Assault Cannon

Thoughts? 

Thank you,

Edited by crazyterran

I like it. A good mix of Obsec, and some fun vehicles. (It does make me wonder what happens to the Stormcannons / Leviathan once the FW stuff comes out.)

I do really like the new apothecary rules for the upgrade cost of 15 points. But your list is certainly vehicle heavy so it works out.

I think I'd split the bikers up. Trying to get 2 MM attack bikes in the squads, even if they are smaller. First Born bikers are just so much better now, and the Multi Melta's are a serious threat.

I like it. A good mix of Obsec, and some fun vehicles. (It does make me wonder what happens to the Stormcannons / Leviathan once the FW stuff comes out.)

I do really like the new apothecary rules for the upgrade cost of 15 points. But your list is certainly vehicle heavy so it works out.

I think I'd split the bikers up. Trying to get 2 MM attack bikes in the squads, even if they are smaller. First Born bikers are just so much better now, and the Multi Melta's are a serious threat.

Hm, I do have more jetbikes, so I could split them up. the three meltas and a multimelta and then the chainswords and multimelta in the other, unless I wanted to buy more bikes. 

Would have to rejigger a few things.

I feel like they will drop two shots off the Stormcannon to better reflect that it's a 4 barrel autocannon, but it's GW, who knows!