Helfrost - Great News

Valerian

Great news everyone. According to the official GW Application for #New40k, the range of the Helfrost Cannon in Dispersed mode has now been increased to 36 FEET. You can now leave your Stormwolf model in the trunk of your car and still hit the enemy in their deployment zone:

gallery_23369_1556_14870.jpeg

You'd still need LOS. That weapon isn't artillery, so unless you can thread the needle out the key hole, through the front window, over your mate's head and between 2 obscuring ruins, gonna have to at least park it on top of the car.

You'd still need LOS. That weapon isn't artillery, so unless you can thread the needle out the key hole, through the front window, over your mate's head and between 2 obscuring ruins, gonna have to at least park it on top of the car.

Times like this that I'm reminded I'm limited to one "like" per post.

ROFLMAO, 36 feet!?!? Epic!

Now we can shoot the guy behind the guy, behind the wall, on the other side of the building, beyond the forest, on a completely different table, on the opposite side of the convention center at the next big tournament.

Oh GW, if only their intended humor was as funny as all the unintentional stuff they do.

Sorta. Artillery had like 10 feet of range (nanticores might have been 20) so I think several apocalypse events allowed you to shoot into other tables if they were in range. But it was never really part of the actual game just something used in apocalypse events and maybe the occasional narrative event. At least as far as I know, I only started in 5th edition. So maybe there were weird rules further back