Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Helfrost - Great News

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Valerian

Valerian

++ EQUITES ALATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,924 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves and Grey Knights

Great news everyone. According to the official GW Application for #New40k, the range of the Helfrost Cannon in Dispersed mode has now been increased to 36 FEET. You can now leave your Stormwolf model in the trunk of your car and still hit the enemy in their deployment zone:

gallery_23369_1556_14870.jpeg

• PeteySödes, TiguriusX, Bulwyf and 4 others like this

Rune Priest Jbickb

Rune Priest Jbickb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,368 posts
Nice now if only my app would open since the update....
Never Mistake:
My Silence for Ignorance
My Calmness for Acceptance
My Kindness for Weakness

Marshal Valkenhayn

Marshal Valkenhayn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 424 posts
  • Faction: Daemons Of Khorne

You'd still need LOS. That weapon isn't artillery, so unless you can thread the needle out the key hole, through the front window, over your mate's head and between 2 obscuring ruins, gonna have to at least park it on top of the car.

• Valerian, Vassakov, TiguriusX and 11 others like this

Lukoi

Lukoi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 171 posts
  • Faction: Smoke Keshik (RG Successor)

You'd still need LOS. That weapon isn't artillery, so unless you can thread the needle out the key hole, through the front window, over your mate's head and between 2 obscuring ruins, gonna have to at least park it on top of the car.

Times like this that I'm reminded I'm limited to one "like" per post.

• TiguriusX, Dantay VI and Marshal Valkenhayn like this

TheUnlikelyGamer84

TheUnlikelyGamer84

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 81 posts
🤣.

NightHowler

NightHowler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,061 posts
  • Faction: The Hand at the Gate
ROFLMFAO, 36 feet!?!? Epic!

Now we can shoot the guy behind the guy, behind the wall, on the other side of the building, beyond the forest, on a completely different table, on the opposite side of the convention center at the next big tournament.

Oh GW, if only their intended humor was as funny as all the unintentional stuff they do.
  • Valerian likes this

"By the River fettered Fenrir will lie till draws nigh the doom of the Gods." - Frey, Lokasenna: 41

GrFlur

GrFlur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 293 posts

Focus all fire on table one!!!

Howl to the Moon, you won't regret it. 

24.jpgETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gifgallery_53969_15812_4038.gifgallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_48988_15465_18311.png

Cpt.Danjou

Cpt.Danjou

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 144 posts

Was there not some sort of scenario in the 3rd edition where you could have artillery on a separate table, and yes they could shoot on the other table, and the enemy had to split up his force to take it down? Maybe something the are trying to implement again?

• Filius likes this

gallery_26778_12913_834.png

Rune Priest Jbickb

Rune Priest Jbickb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,368 posts
Sorta. Artillery had like 10 feet of range (nanticores might have been 20) so I think several apocalypse events allowed you to shoot into other tables if they were in range. But it was never really part of the actual game just something used in apocalypse events and maybe the occasional narrative event. At least as far as I know, I only started in 5th edition. So maybe there were weird rules further back
  • Filius likes this
Never Mistake:
My Silence for Ignorance
My Calmness for Acceptance
My Kindness for Weakness

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,026 posts

Nice now if only my app would open since the update....

I had to update it to be allowed enter codex code and then update it again to actually use it

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,885 posts
On the app.
I had to uninstall.
Update my phone.
Reboot again, then reinstall.
Reboot.

To get the darned thing to work again.
banana

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,026 posts
Its almost like theyre doing some meta Primaris Lieutenant esque marketing where they deliberately rolled this out haphazardly so it becomes notorious but when it gets sorted/improves it looks like a big win

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users