Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Primaris Helbrecht Rumour

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

Dracos

Dracos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,226 posts
  • Faction: Primaris Warhawks

Someone from Germany is going to owe me a BT Supplement. ;)

hmm... I thought you should buy me this one ( Codex = Supplement =I= Primaris Codex )...

:whistling: :D

Don’t be using that European math on me man. You know Americans can’t do metric. ;)

I can’t remember being more happy to be right when it comes to guessing if something was going to be released (first). You might not be my personal style but I’ve loved Templars since the days of Armageddon. This first one :). Congrats Brothers.
  • Black Blow Fly and Medjugorje like this

sml_gallery_7985_14167_21284.png gallery_48988_10069_135.png gallery_48988_15465_8206.png gallery_87434_12256_5320.png sml_gallery_7985_15940_5720.jpg

9e
Raven Guard : 7 - 1
Imperial Knights : 3 - 2

Alby the Slayer

Alby the Slayer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 72 posts

I don't understand your point about the 3rd edition cover?

They were on the cover, of the box, which was released with a BT "specific" captain, all of painted marines on the back of the box were painted as Templars.

They then got an army list, special rules and a dedicated troop box when Codex Armageddon released.

They then had a standalone Codex and a heap of dedicated units and characters in early 4th. (Plus branded Black Templar boxes of other units with upgrade sprues bundled in.)

Yes, you're right. They did have all of that.

I was talking about the 3rd edition cover only, not all that came after. I remember whey I bought it (the box), I expected to have specific BT marines, it was my first box then.

Sure thing I forgot the specific captain release.

• Brother Adelard likes this

Volt

Volt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,091 posts
  • Faction: Anges de Vindication

Honestly with the way transports work now and not enabling Primaris to take them, i think this would be more likely to simply kill Helbrecht lists. A big part of BT's is getting blobs of Crusaders to jump out of rhinos and whack the enemy, or using Land Raiders/Stormravens, but a Primaris Helbrecht nips all of that in the bud. Granted Land Raider Crusaders are DOA thanks to their price hike, but Helbrecht being unable to ride around with anybody but Bladeguard or Intercesors will foul up the meta for a BT army I'd expect.

Edited by Volt, 20 October 2020 - 10:12 PM.

+Quod vult valde vult+

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,448 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Impulsors and Repulsors instead of Rhinos and Landraiders?

-~Ishagu~-

tvih

tvih

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,319 posts
  • Faction: CF/BT/Orks/SoB/IG

Problem is Impulsors and Repulsors cost way too much, just like Land Raiders, while having pitiful capacity. But yes, this is exactly my problem with a Primaris Helbrecht (or Grimaldus, for that matter). I wish I'd used the old Helbrecht back in the day. I've had him for 8 years but only ever used him once, in the early 8th, because I have too darn many HQ figs. And now it looks like the option will be gone shortly, beyond Legends.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,448 posts
To be honest in 9th it's perfectly viable to footslog most of the army.

Objectives drive both sides towards the middle and various hotspots on the table.

A few vehicles are enough to transport a big cc unit or two, with the rest on foot.

-~Ishagu~-

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,806 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade

We have access to 4++ for a turn to give our troops some safety while footslogging, then there's the Apothecary 6++FNP aura and free Rez, so footslogging isnt as bad as it used to be and with the shorter tables on some cases you arent walking the board for three turns to charge. Im fine with Helbrecht not getting into a Land Raider or Drop Pod like the rest of the Primaris, is it a stupid restriction? Yes but we have options to make it work.

++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

PJ1933

PJ1933

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,121 posts
I've never understood why templars were pushed into codex Marines and reduced to such a low profile by GW as I can't think of another faction that is so completely grim dark gothic space monks.

So given the new primaris with tabard look this might just be the kick I need to decide on a chapter led by Helbrect

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,233 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

I've never understood why templars were pushed into codex Marines and reduced to such a low profile by GW as I can't think of another faction that is so completely grim dark gothic space monks.

So given the new primaris with tabard look this might just be the kick I need to decide on a chapter led by Helbrect

Dark Angels? ;) 

• Xenith, Volt, Brother Adelard and 1 other like this

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,399 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

Yeah, was about to say can't be thinking very hard...

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,161 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

Dark Angels? msn-wink.gif

Aren't They a Chaos chapter... ermm.gif ….    laugh.png 

Mithril 

• Irbis, Reinhard and tangoalphatwo like this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,627 posts

Dark Angels? msn-wink.gif
Aren't They a Chaos chapter... ermm.gif …. laugh.png

Mithril
It seems you are confused
If you want Interrogator-Chaplain Asmodai is available for private lessons about who is loyal and who is traitor :P

Edited by Master Sheol, 21 October 2020 - 05:16 AM.

• Borgias and WrathOfTheLion like this
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Marshal Valkenhayn

Marshal Valkenhayn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 424 posts
  • Faction: Daemons Of Khorne

Turning on your allies to chase the ghosts of your past? That's a paddlin'.

• mithrilforge, Noserenda and Irbis like this

Urkh

Urkh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 753 posts
Yep. Still mad at you guys for the whole Ophidian Gulf incident...
By performing the Emperor's Will, we will show the Xenos the Emperor's wrath, the Traitor his intolerance, and our brethren what his will actually is!

Thread to my first time painting: http://www.bolterand...howtopic=247791
Battle Report/more paintingThread: http://www.bolterand...howtopic=269066

http://www.fortresso...ates_Banner.jpg
ETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

BladeOfVengeance

BladeOfVengeance

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 218 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Honestly with the way transports work now and not enabling Primaris to take them, i think this would be more likely to simply kill Helbrecht lists. A big part of BT's is getting blobs of Crusaders to jump out of rhinos and whack the enemy, or using Land Raiders/Stormravens, but a Primaris Helbrecht nips all of that in the bud. Granted Land Raider Crusaders are DOA thanks to their price hike, but Helbrecht being unable to ride around with anybody but Bladeguard or Intercesors will foul up the meta for a BT army I'd expect.

Nah 5 Bladeguard and Helbrecht jumping out of an impulsor is a scary prospect!! Or foot slogging them up with the new board sizes works just as well

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 935 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

primaris BT with reduced boardsize sure sounds scarier now that you mentioned that

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

kombatwombat

kombatwombat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 533 posts

Nah 5 Bladeguard and Helbrecht jumping out of an impulsor is a scary prospect!! Or foot slogging them up with the new board sizes works just as well

They’ll face the same problem as deep striking Terminators do with Chaplains - Helbrecht’s Chapter Master ability activates in the Command Phase, so it won’t be able to be used the turn he jumps out of the Impulsor.

I really wish GW would just turn the Psychic Phase into a Powers phase and have all abilities like that activate then, so they can be used on units getting out of transports/deep strike.
  • RedFox and MARK0SIAN like this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,448 posts
That's not a big problem. You still get to re-roll 1s and gain all the other benefits of his extra rules.

On the following turn you can grant a unit full re-rolls.

Honestly in 9th close combat is so much more likely that I'm still taking Aggressors despite their nerfs. Not for shooting, but for combat.

-~Ishagu~-

Irbis

Irbis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,584 posts

Because literally all their units, save for troop one, were 100% identical? dry.png

I played BT in 4th, literally only difference was oath, renamed chapter champion, veterans, and 2 HQs. Oh, and no librarians. And even in the troop unit case most people were just playing it like tactical squad with 1 heavy, 1 special, making them almost indistinguishable from Codex SM. Big whoopedoo, if your 'differences' can fit on one page, condensing them was the only sane thing to do. It's not like BT are the only chapter with interesting visual design, there are dozens of them.

Granted, DA should have been condensed long before BT, because they ARE Codex chapter, and before some fanboy at GW gave them zillion units with broken rules (especially most recent terminator ones, giving them better rule than relics of multiple armies do on a single character, for free, on whole army, for pretty much no fluff reason...) they were completely identical to codex SM (and should return to being so), but ultimately, they both belong there. I for one am glad the better system from HH was finally adopted, 3 editions late, but still.

I recently heard whisperings of a BT release but to be honest I didn't believe them, and when I used to post stuff on the forum I was crucified if it didn't come true

Gee, I have no idea why people would be upset with *glances at Rumor Accuracy Tracker* 3 half true rumors, 15 false ones. That's, like, perfect score rolleyesclean.gif

Speaking of which, can you tell GW to hurry? I am still waiting for the plastic warhound you said is coming, as well as third plastic HH army box set with "Forge Lord, Assault Marines, Breachers, Deredeo Dread, and maybe additional HQ character". Oh, also that AdMech robot bigger than castellan, would be nice to paint them over winter. It will surely appear aaany day now, after all, only 4 years passed from the date of your post saying it's "imminent"? whistlingW.gif

• mithrilforge and Putrid Choir like this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,448 posts
Hey that plastic warhound is out right now.

Just a bit smaller than originally expected :-P
  • Black Blow Fly, Triszin, Hellebras and 2 others like this

-~Ishagu~-

BladeOfVengeance

BladeOfVengeance

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 218 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

They’ll face the same problem as deep striking Terminators do with Chaplains - Helbrecht’s Chapter Master ability activates in the Command Phase, so it won’t be able to be used the turn he jumps out of the Impulsor.

I really wish GW would just turn the Psychic Phase into a Powers phase and have all abilities like that activate then, so they can be used on units getting out of transports/deep strike.

It won’t be an issue trust me, It’s still 21/23 wounds to chew threw with 2+/4+ all around + with the bladeguards melee output being what it is they're able to take on anything in the game, then with the rerolls from Helbrecht (or any character really) it’s still a very powerful threat

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,827 posts

Because literally all their units, save for troop one, were 100% identical? dry.png

I played BT in 4th, literally only difference was oath, renamed chapter champion, veterans, and 2 HQs. Oh, and no librarians. And even in the troop unit case most people were just playing it like tactical squad with 1 heavy, 1 special, making them almost indistinguishable from Codex SM. Big whoopedoo, if your 'differences' can fit on one page, condensing them was the only sane thing to do. It's not like BT are the only chapter with interesting visual design, there are dozens of them.

Granted, DA should have been condensed long before BT, because they ARE Codex chapter, and before some fanboy at GW gave them zillion units with broken rules (especially most recent terminator ones, giving them better rule than relics of multiple armies do on a single character, for free, on whole army, for pretty much no fluff reason...) they were completely identical to codex SM (and should return to being so), but ultimately, they both belong there. I for one am glad the better system from HH was finally adopted, 3 editions late, but still.

I recently heard whisperings of a BT release but to be honest I didn't believe them, and when I used to post stuff on the forum I was crucified if it didn't come true

Gee, I have no idea why people would be upset with *glances at Rumor Accuracy Tracker* 3 half true rumors, 15 false ones. That's, like, perfect score rolleyesclean.gif

Speaking of which, can you tell GW to hurry? I am still waiting for the plastic warhound you said is coming, as well as third plastic HH army box set with "Forge Lord, Assault Marines, Breachers, Deredeo Dread, and maybe additional HQ character". Oh, also that AdMech robot bigger than castellan, would be nice to paint them over winter. It will surely appear aaany day now, after all, only 4 years passed from the date of your post saying it's "imminent"? whistlingW.gif
Let me do my happy dance, oh yeah, quick spin, finger guns.

I have a good feeling Ishagu is correct on this one, well because if hes not, I would be wrong aswell, and Valrak, and Laeroth.

Edited by Sete, 22 October 2020 - 04:58 PM.

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,802 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE

Sete you have a good track record .

• Medjugorje likes this
=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,827 posts

Sete you have a good track record .

I just happen to be told some stuff once in a while, usually I have a vested interest on it, and I share what I can.
Dont think I shared that many things to have a rapport.
So kudos to whomever shares it with me, cause they the real MVP.

Edited by Sete, 22 October 2020 - 07:20 PM.

• Chapter Master Valrak likes this

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,627 posts

DA are NOT a codex chapter but they look like they are ;)

BTW the HH way to handle codexes is not a FW thing but it was introduced first by GW for main 40k during 3rd edition with main SM codex and supplements for DA, BA, SW and later the book for 3rd Armageddon war that had supplements for Sals and BT
Later the Index Astartes articles on WD had also mini supplements (1/2 pages) for the other first founding chapters
It worked well but GW left this way to handle SM lists until 8th edition

I totally agree that the single SM codex + chapter supplements is the best way to handle all chapters
Pity they made this now in 8th/9th when they have top deal with the firstborn/primaris situation that have us a 100 units codex that is really hard to handle properly by itself without having to take account of 10 supplements for main 12 chapters too

Edited by Master Sheol, 22 October 2020 - 07:27 PM.

• Volt likes this
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users