Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Coming Soon: Warhammer Day 2020

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

LameBeard

LameBeard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts
I’m surprised they are releasing a terminator - I had kind of assumed they would be quietly dropped along with the firstborn.

<edit: sorry, unintentional delay in posting and now I see plenty of people making the same point in a more interesting fashion above>

Edited by LameBeard, 13 October 2020 - 07:56 PM.

AenarIT

AenarIT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 280 posts
  • Faction: Tau Necrons SM

We'd already had leaks about the Battleforces by this time last year and the year before that, but I've not heard/seen anything at all this time round? I think each year GW had released photos/WC articles by early November too. WIth all the production issues this year due to corona and the fact they're struggling to keep stuff in stock I guess we might not get them this year? Be a pity if that's the case, as I've got used to delaying buying marine stuff until the Battleforces come out. But then again, I'm not sure I can store anything else in my loft teehee.gif

I’d wait until the end of the month to be sure, but it’s totally possible that the production issues they’ve faced this year could have led them to skip the battleforces.
It would be a bummer of course, they are a brilliant way to get an even bigger grey pile of shame :)

Edited by AenarIT, 13 October 2020 - 08:27 PM.

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,399 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW
Leaks last year were coming out around the 15th/16th. So I wouldn't be surprised to not see them yet.

Also not guaranteed they will do them, but if they do, we should see an official announcement around the end of the month.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion, 13 October 2020 - 08:30 PM.

• Dark Shepherd likes this

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,984 posts
Who wants to bet that any Astartes Battleforces will have Repulsors? msn-wink.gif

On a more practical note, my recollection is that GW have done Battleforces for some years now. Can anyone confirm for sure? I remember last year but not the year before.
  • battle captain corpus likes this
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,664 posts

Chaplain: Check.

Terminator Armour: Check

Hitty stick and burny gun: Check.

Looks like that's a buy from me!

I have the Juan Sculpt already - if you have neither, get that one first, and also the store opening model - I was wondering about converting that one anyway, this will make a nice addition to the TDA chappy collection. 

• Master Commander Ajax, Wraith776 and Silas7 like this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageXX

++ The Baalite Feast of Blades 2016; 2018 ++

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,580 posts

Who wants to bet that any Astartes Battleforces will have Repulsors? ;)On a more practical note, my recollection is that GW have done Battleforces for some years now. Can anyone confirm for sure? I remember last year but not the year before.

Yeah, it's been quite a few years for sure.

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,757 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Who wants to bet that any Astartes Battleforces will have Repulsors? msn-wink.gif

On a more practical note, my recollection is that GW have done Battleforces for some years now. Can anyone confirm for sure? I remember last year but not the year before.

They've been doing them since Christmas 207 I believe.

gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,161 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

They've been doing them since Christmas 207 I believe.

Wow... 1,813 years... that's a lot of years to be making battleforces  tongue.png

Mithril

• Shadow Captain Vyper, evilhomer, Triszin and 3 others like this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

ShibeKing

ShibeKing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 288 posts
I still have my Primaris, Eldar, Admech, and Death Guard Battleforces from 2018. The Chaos and Dark Eldar from 2019.

With this in mind... I'm really excited to see what new Battleforces they announce this year!!!

AenarIT

AenarIT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 280 posts
  • Faction: Tau Necrons SM
Yes, since 2017. In 2016 they did something similar just after Christmas when they released the “armoured patrol” boxes (kinda, don’t remember the exact name) with a single troop+transport at a discount.
There were incredibly good deals at £40 RRP, like the Necrons one (12 Warriors + Ghost Ark).
  • Detjan likes this

Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla

Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 105 posts

Nice chaplain, looks familiar.

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,054 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

yeah its very similar (but not the same), i think the new one is overall better with cleaner looking details.

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,627 posts

yeah its very similar (but not the same), i think the new one is overall better with cleaner looking details.

Yes
And he looks like having longer legs and better overall proportions
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,054 posts

Yes
And he looks like having longer legs and better overall proportions

Agreed, i just wish they'd lowered his arms a little

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Borbarad

Borbarad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 230 posts

Fun fact: If you have both, you can distribute the crux terminatus and chaplain insignia evenly

• viewasjack and Oxydo like this

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,054 posts

Fun fact: If you have both, you can distribute the crux terminatus and chaplain insignia evenly

hadn't even noticed they did that. So weird to have the crux on both sides, excellent idea to do a switch!

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,627 posts

hadn't even noticed they did that. So weird to have the crux on both sides, excellent idea to do a switch!
Yes
I think i will buy two or three
But all will have custom pads so i will not need the pads it already have
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

No Foes Remain

No Foes Remain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,200 posts
  • Faction: See signature plan

I'll take two, thank you GW. One for my Astral Claws and one to be turned into a pseudo-tartaros character for one of my HH armies.

10th Expeditionary Fleet 'Legion of Terra'    18 Legiones Astartes detachments from all active Legions; Geno One-Four-One Akkad; 13th Solar Auxiliary Cohort 'Black Scorpions'

sml_gallery_48988_16053_16940.png  sml_gallery_48988_16053_4278.png  sml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

194th Company, 19th Chapter, Ultramarines Legion - 'Ultimas of War'; Halcyon Dominion's 3rd Spartii Imperialis Auxilia Regiment; Knight House Cousland

Sons of Horus 38th Company

-----

Astral Claws 5th Company; XII Tyrant's Legion

Adeptus Praetorii: Void Angels, Ultima Wardens, Crimson Saints  Adeptus Astartes Chapters

Order of the Amethyst Tower; Halcyon Dominion Militarum Forces; Knight House Cousland; Forge Fiefdom Orzarm

Void Knights Chaos Chapter

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,722 posts
  • Faction: Genesis Chapter 4th Co. M37
I adore anything in TDA but this has to be the single most disappointing miniature GW have released in TDA for me. What a let down!

BCC
  • Marshal Loss, Son of Carnelian and Brother Adelard like this
BCC's Hobby Guide:
- Be Grim Dark not Grim Derp
- Hobby for 15 minutes a day
- Your miniatures are always the best painted in the room
- Game with your heart and don't care about losing
- Make sure your opponent is having fun 

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,604 posts
Yeah, I'm usually big on hobby positivity but this guy does nothing for me. Just kind of an ill-designed mess in my eyes. The previous Chaplain for store openings is far more distinct.
  • battle captain corpus and sockwithaticket like this

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,722 posts
  • Faction: Genesis Chapter 4th Co. M37

Yeah, I'm usually big on hobby positivity but this guy does nothing for me. Just kind of an ill-designed mess in my eyes. The previous Chaplain for store openings is far more distinct.

Yes a good friend of mine kindly donated one of those Chaplains to my Genesis Chapter project, love it.

The new miniature doesn't exude enough raw menace or zeal that comes to mind when thinking of Chaplains. You're talking about individuals that are chosen for their fire & passion from within a hypnoindoctrinated warrior monk society of killing machines. This guy....falls very short of that especially when compared to even some of the classic Chaplain miniatures.

.....It'll sell like freshly iced Squigs at an Ork buffet though.

BCC
  • Shadow Captain Vyper and Brother Adelard like this
BCC's Hobby Guide:
- Be Grim Dark not Grim Derp
- Hobby for 15 minutes a day
- Your miniatures are always the best painted in the room
- Game with your heart and don't care about losing
- Make sure your opponent is having fun 

Shadow Captain Vyper

Shadow Captain Vyper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,339 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard

Yes a good friend of mine kindly donated one of those Chaplains to my Genesis Chapter project, love it.

The new miniature doesn't exude enough raw menace or zeal that comes to mind when thinking of Chaplains. You're talking about individuals that are chosen for their fire & passion from within a hypnoindoctrinated warrior monk society of killing machines. This guy....falls very short of that especially when compared to even some of the classic Chaplain miniatures.

.....It'll sell like freshly iced Squigs at an Ork buffet though.

BCC

What do you think is the reason for that in the sculpt? I get the same feeling but im struggling to put my finger on it. Side by side for comparison

O7jUteV.jpg

"A Mind Without Purpose Will Wander in Dark Places..."

gallery_16835_13820_5804.jpggallery_6494_6331_8260.png

Borbarad

Borbarad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 230 posts
I prefer the new one. Less busy.
  • Rune Priest Jbickb and quasistellar like this

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,984 posts

What do you think is the reason for that in the sculpt? I get the same feeling but im struggling to put my finger on it. Side by side for comparison

O7jUteV.jpg

I think the old model looks more focused. Something about the way he is glaring down the barrel of his gun as he prepares to dispatch some heretic.

The new one looks a bit less fussy but the pose looks odd. With his arms out evenly like that, it is almost like he wants to give someone a hug. teehee.gif

• battle captain corpus and Brother Adelard like this
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,714 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Tears

O7jUteV.jpg

I think the old model looks more focused. Something about the way he is glaring down the barrel of his gun as he prepares to dispatch some heretic.

The new one looks a bit less fussy but the pose looks odd. With his arms out evenly like that, it is almost like he wants to give someone a hug. teehee.gif

That's exactly what it looks like. The only thing this one has over the harder to obtain version is the chest design and les obtrusive dangly paraphenalia.

• Silas7 likes this

Crimson Tears, Deathwatch and Inquisition WIP thread (most recent page):
http://www.bolterand...updated/page-28

Deathwatch Hall of Honour thread:
http://www.bolterand...maccrage/page-4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users