Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Coming Soon: Warhammer Day 2020

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,340 posts

Was debating wether i wanted to grab this guy for bits for kitbashing... not so sure now, his head is indeed like SM heroes series 2, so there's no back of the head, so they work on pretty much only terminators.

Edited by Reinhard, 25 October 2020 - 10:22 AM.

Reskin

Reskin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 251 posts

I wonder how many parts he comes in... because those shoulder plates need to go and some filing on the knees

DHoaUD5.jpg 

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,627 posts

I wonder how many parts he comes in... because those shoulder plates need to go and some filing on the knees

right shoulder plate is separate from the arm while left shoulder one is included with the arm

“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Rhavien

Rhavien

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 88 posts

The model is clearly and EtB so the limitations of the mould are all because of this
He is meant to go together with the SM heroes series2 for this reason it has the scenic base included in the sprue

This isn't because of etb mould, but the angle he is holding the crozius. Like in a video game when there is no collision detection.

I still like him, but if I would create a model I would keep an eye of such stuff.

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,399 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

Might slice the hand off and repair it with some greenstuff, but I might just leave it as-is. Will need to determine whether I can just file down the crux terminatus and have enough space for decals, or whether I need to replace them. I'll do some measurements when I get it though.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion, 25 October 2020 - 01:14 PM.

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

Axineton

Axineton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,659 posts

Local GW posted an quila adorned case? Tin?
And some sort of bag that are limited time WH day exclusives.

Not sure if they have been revealed yet/talked about.
Anyone know anything about these?

I have the rucksack and it’s great. I bought it on eBay for £20. It comes with 2 Velcro patches to attach to the back that are a 40K insignia or an AOS insignia. Loads of room in it and it’ll take the smallest plastic game case that GW sell.

gallery_48988_15094_3577.pnggallery_48988_15094_2023.pnggallery_48988_15094_1196.pnggallery_48988_15094_7762.pnggallery_48988_15094_8206.pnggallery_48988_15094_7830.pnggallery_48988_15094_4892.png

'Show me one who mocks the Harlequins as Clowns, and I shall show you a corpse in the making'

- Autarch Antelyth Thyllian Of Craftworld Saim-Hann.

Hellebras

Hellebras

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 193 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists, Word Bearers

right shoulder plate is separate from the arm while left shoulder one is included with the arm

Oh, good. I might end up getting him after all, that's pretty convenient for making him into a Grey Knight since I'd want to replace the left arm anyway.

sml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pnggallery_45765_12908_1745.pnggallery_45765_12339_1383.pnggallery_45765_12339_6416.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

Maritn

Maritn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 65 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists

"Chaplain Tarentus will be available in stores and online from Warhammer Day itself until the 8th of November"

I just went to the GW store page, and I can't order him, as he's not available to order anymore. What the hell? The description on the shop page even says "Available to order until 2am (UK time) on Monday 9th November 2020."

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,666 posts

The model is clearly and EtB so the limitations of the mould are all because of this
He is meant to go together with the SM heroes series2 for this reason it has the scenic base included in the sprue

This isn't because of etb mould, but the angle he is holding the crozius. Like in a video game when there is no collision detection.

I still like him, but if I would create a model I would keep an eye of such stuff.

Indeed, the chaplain was CAD designed and whoever did it likely didnt notice the collision between wrist and crozius. Likely this flaw, as well as the Librarians ankles, as to why they didnt make the Heroes set. 

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageXX

++ The Baalite Feast of Blades 2016; 2018 ++

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,885 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

"Chaplain Tarentus will be available in stores and online from Warhammer Day itself until the 8th of November"

I just went to the GW store page, and I can't order him, as he's not available to order anymore. What the hell? The description on the shop page even says "Available to order until 2am (UK time) on Monday 9th November 2020."

Is it a region thing? I just checked and he's still available to order on the UK store.

On a separate note, I was expecting this to take potentially months to deliver like Amulius, the TDA Librarian and Battle Sister, but I got confirmation today from GW that my Tarentus has been shipped already!
  • Maritn likes this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_30096.jpggallery_84244_11417_17741.pnggallery_84244_11417_22884.pnggallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,666 posts

Is it a region thing? I just checked and he's still available to order on the UK store.

On a separate note, I was expecting this to take potentially months to deliver like Amulius, the TDA Librarian and Battle Sister, but I got confirmation today from GW that my Tarentus has been shipped already!

I can order just fine as well. GW seems to have produced enough of these, I was in a random model store in Chester at the weekend and they still had a half dozen or so on Sunday - grabbed mine there. 

• Black Blow Fly likes this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageXX

++ The Baalite Feast of Blades 2016; 2018 ++

Wildblaze

Wildblaze

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Glad i hadn't got around to ordering it yet, hadn't noticed the wrist and it would bother the hell out of me. Really not sure how to feel about it tough since he looks like a fairly decent model otherwise and Chaplains and Termies are to me two of the most 40k things around.

Also did they get rid of the Finecast terminator chaplain? can't see it in the UK anymore and any link to it just sends me to a "Error 404 - All Records Expunged from Library" page

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 335 posts

Meh the wrist doesn't bother me--it's barely noticable.  Especially when you compare it to the "beloved" old metal models that took, ahem, liberties with where things began and ended.

Anyway, I don't yet have a terminator chaplain, and this one looks like its sculpt is such that I can fix the anatomy (extend the midrif) pretty easily so it doesn't have dumb/terrible terminator proportions which bother me much more than the clipping of the crozius.

Maritn

Maritn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 65 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists

Thanks. When I checked this morning, neither Germany nor UK worked for me, but now it's available again.

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 335 posts

Thanks. When I checked this morning, neither Germany nor UK worked for me, but now it's available again.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a gap from when they sold out of what they have in stock to switching to MTO on the listing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users