3k Night Lords Terror Assault- October edition!

Aztek

So I've taken some of the feedback on from the previous thread and concocted a slightly different list, but at the core it's mostly the same. Please let me know what you think! I think it's looking pretty good. Dropping the 2nd character for the Apothecaries and more Raptors is a decision I'd love to hear feedback on.

++  Crusade (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [2,995pts] ++

+ HQ +

Sevatar [210pts]: Artificer Armour & Nights Whisper, Warlord

+ Elites +

Apothecarion Detachment [120pts]

. Apothecary, Legion: Jump Pack, Power Armour

. . Chainsword or Combat Blade: Chainswords/Combat Blades

. Apothecary, Legion: Jump Pack, Power Armour

Apothecarion Detachment [165pts]

. Apothecary, Legion: Artificer Armour

Contekar Terminator Elite [545pts]: Cataphractii Terminator Armour, 9x Contekar, Dissident may exhange his chainblade for an Escaton Power Claw, Teleport Transponders, 10x Volkite Cavitor

Veteran Tactical Squad, Legion [250pts]: 9x Bolt Pistol, 3x Bolter, 9x Chainswords/Combat Blades, 4x Combi-weapon: Meltagun, 2x Meltagun, 9x Veteran Space Marines, Legion

. Veteran Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol

. . Combi-weapon: Combi-weapon: Meltagun

+ Troops +

Night Raptor Squad , Compulsory [330pts]: 11x Night Raptor, 11x Nostraman Chainglaive

. Huntmaster: Artificer Armour, Headsman's Axe, Melta Bombs

Night Raptor Squad , Compulsory [305pts]: 10x Night Raptor, 10x Nostraman Chainglaive

. Huntmaster: Artificer Armour, Headsman's Axe

Terror Squad (Compulsory) [305pts]: 9x Executioner, Melta Bombs, 10x Volkite Charger

. Headsman: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Nostraman Chainglaive

Terror Squad (Compulsory) [305pts]: 9x Executioner, Melta Bombs, 10x Volkite Charger

. Headsman: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Nostraman Chainglaive

+ Fast Attack +

Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter [230pts]: 2x 2x Kraken Penetrator Heavy Missiles, Battle Servitor Control, Ground-tracking Auguries, Twin-linked Lascannon

+ Heavy Support +

Fire Raptor Gunship, Legion [230pts]

. Four wing-mounted:: Hellstrike Missiles

. Two Independent Ball Turret-mounted:: Reaper Autocannon Battery

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance:    VIII: Night Lords, Traitor

Rite of War: Terror Assault

+ Use Playtest Rules +

Use Playtest Rules Errata 1.0 (From FAQ 1.1 Feb/2019): Playtest Rules Errata 1.0 On

++ Total: [2,995pts] ++

Thanks for taking a look! I know some people said I wasn't getting enough out of Sev's Warlord Trait so hopefully I've amended that a bit. It's gonna be the 2 Raptor Squads and the Melta Vet Squad infiltrating in.

Edited by Aztek

Very spooky. Finally we can use Raptors alongside the Raptor, so we can rapturously  Raptor Strike our Night Raptors and Fire Raptor can strike with rapt attention causing rapture of Raptors.

It's no more Terror Assault, it's Raptor Assault.

With the update on Raptors, I'd say droping anything for a few more of them is a good idea.

I have mixed feelings on apothecaries. I'm currently in the process of making a terror list with 2 similar sized Raptor squads (10 or 11 men) and I'm on the fence about adding Apothecaries. They cost equivalent to 4 more bare Raptors. While they increase the durability by 50% in theory (not every wound can be FnP'ed) and add one more body to the pile, an extra 4 raptors offer slightly lower defensives, but are better offensive wise - if you, say, were to lose 6 raptors, squad of 10 raptors and apothecary would be down to 6 raptors, and bigger 14 man squad would be still at 8 raptors. So if you manage to charge without large casualties, bigger squad with no apo. would be better off.

I'm personally thinking about either making one giant squad (15) with apothecary, and the other smaller without one, or just using two 12-13 men squad without medic. For me what you are taking is absolutely fine, but wanted to share my view.

Is Headsman's Axe reeaallly 5pts on Huntmaster? This seems like such an extraordinarily low price for such a killer weapon on such a strong character. I don't own the new book so I have to trust reviews, but this seems really weird. It's an autoinclude imo...

I also think you forgot about buying Trophies of Judgement on Huntmasters. It seems a very reasonable way of spending 5 pts, especially when you don't mind spending it on chainglaives everywhere. Again, don't have the book, so I have to trust BScribe on that.

Veterans looks pretty good, but they really could use some backup cc weapons. With meltas you have to be very close to the enemy and after you use combis, assaulting is a valid option with 4 attacks each. I usually hide 2 axes in 10man melta veteran squad.

Contekar are a wild card. Incredible point sink for a squad that is of limited potential. Yes, against correct target their shooting is powerful and even mediocre chainblades can finish the job. But you have to move Sevatar with caution so that these guys can drop on him and still have range to something. If you drop them and choose to shoot instead of running while there are still  Medusas/Quad launchers/Plasma blasts on the table you are in for a bad time. Full disclaimer, i have yet to use Contekar myself but for me, on the paper at least, this looks like too large a risk. 5 man with a couple of flamers mixed with volkite in that role would be more appealing to me.

Quick question if I may - if Apothecaries were to join Night Raptors, would they still benefit from Raptor Strike rule?

The rest looks pretty good - as always for Terror Assault not nearly enough firepower and limited tank hunting capabilities but you have to make do with melta bombs and flyers hopefully.

"Quick question if I may - if Apothecaries were to join Night Raptors, would they still benefit from Raptor Strike rule?" God I hope so.

I did indeed to forget to buy Trophies, appreciate you pointing that out. Hmm I'll see what I can do about the CC weapons on the vets.

Hmm thanks for the input on the Apothecaries. I've never really tried a list with them but you're right in that adding extra Raptors is super cheap now. Something to consider.

I may end up dropping the Terminators for more Raptors in the far future, but I'm very intrigued by the Contekar(even if it's just cause I think they look awesome!). More a time thing. This list uses all the Raptors I have painted.

Thanks Lautrec!