Wrath's Dark Angels 30k/40k

WrathOfTheLion

Figured I would start a thread on some work I've been doing.

Yesterday, I finished a heavy support squad for 30k, working on some tactical marines now that I'll hopefully have done this week as well.

I don't have the best setup for taking photos. I'll need to investigate some sort of light box perhaps and maybe look at getting a real camera.

sIedeKP.jpg

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Thanks! Yes, the red faceplate is the sergeant. He also has a red decal instead of the white one. Looking at doing some more detailed heraldry on some tactical marines, but this works fine for a heavy support squad I think.

In HH, the sergeant also is equipped with a heavy weapon, which does make it a little difficult to have them stand out right.

In this case, I did use some of the molded shoulderpads I got from FW. But I really don't like their proportions, so besides any that already have them, I won't be using those in the future.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

A little converting work done today. Held together by putty because I'll have to paint parts black and parts bone, but got the pose down for a Deathwing Companion in tartaros terminator armor. Will need to do a bit of filling for the 40k deathwing broken sword iconography still.

wuIgusn.jpg

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Thanks!

I'm hoping to have him completely done tonight, the conversion work and painting has been quicker because I had a strong plan on what to achieve and how. Been wanting to make Deathwing companions in terminator armour since the day I saw the datasheet in Crusade. So doing the test model now.

Now I didn't think I'd be able to make my own and have it done before the FW ones came out...

Update:

Almost done with 5 more tactical marines for the 3rd Company and a Lieutenant for the 10th company. Starting work on 5 destroyers for the Dreadwing Eskaton Imperative Rite of War. Eskaton Imperative/Dreadwing will be the first Rite of War that I get things finished for, have some Interemptors up next on the table for that as well, and will order kits to make 5 more destroyers with some Deathwing Companions on Friday.

Have a real camera coming in later this week, which should give me some better control over the images. I may look into adding some post-processing steps in Photoshop afterwards, like adjusting exposure, since I have access to all of that. Decent lighting has been an issue, and might be able to normalize some of it pretty easily.

F31fKxE.jpg

5WN1tI5.jpg

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

• 3 months later...

Working on an impulsor right now for some Angels of Absolution. Testing out some images using the camera that I got a while back. Going to try to finish this one up this weekend, also working on some Infiltrators for them as well.

Rg39JzM.jpg

osAUUxa.jpg

I picked up a box of the Space Marine heroes 2 terminators, been turning them into some extra Deathwing terminators by combining them with some extra bits.

It has worked pretty well I think. As they're push fit, it obviously requires some cutting, but it wasn't too bad to work with. It goes pretty well together with the Deathwing bits.

Gt93Nlz.jpg

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

I love the SM heroes termies. Wish I would have converted mine like you lol

I got these specifically to convert, so the decision was easier. There's a lot of different leg poses to work with.

One of the problems with really versatile kits like the Deathwing kit or the space wolves kit are that they end up repeating a bit too much. Mixing some of the basic space marine stuff back in can make them look a lot more dynamic.

Since I have learned a bit from making my Space Wolves force, I've held back a bit on directly using the Deathwing kit for everything. It also helps clear out the bits box some, giving some use to things that would normally sit there.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

• 1 year later...

Trying to keep up with posting a bit more.

Working on Cypher right now for the Chaos vs Eldar challenge

Initial image vs some progress in a day on it. I'm a little bit farther on him now, but I'll put more update for that as I get closer to done. Will be starting to glaze the cloak tomorrow I think.

9WvePIF.jpg

4r3pf0R.jpg

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

I got these specifically to convert, so the decision was easier. There's a lot of different leg poses to work with.

One of the problems with really versatile kits like the Deathwing kit or the space wolves kit are that they end up repeating a bit too much. Mixing some of the basic space marine stuff back in can make them look a lot more dynamic.

Since I have learned a bit from making my Space Wolves force, I've held back a bit on directly using the Deathwing kit for everything. It also helps clear out the bits box some, giving some use to things that would normally sit there.

My Deathwing are mixed and matched Deathwing, assault Termies, normal Termies, and some of the Space Marine Heroes ones as well. Looks great with the varied legs and torsos and whatnot.

My Deathwing are mixed and matched Deathwing, assault Termies, normal Termies, and some of the Space Marine Heroes ones as well. Looks great with the varied legs and torsos and whatnot.

I have this squad and another like 80% done, need to post them here when I finally get them across that finish line.

I've found that you need to do some of that. For my Space Wolves army, those same 5 or so leg poses just are too much. You need to go a bit generic to be more unique.

Nice work on the Consecrators.  I have a project queued to make a 30k/40k list of Ironwing that would be Consecrators under 40k rules.  3x5 breachers, 2x techmarines, and the rest is all Deimos pattern predators, vindicators, and rhinos, with conversions to make the rhinos razorbacks in 40k.  Going full monte with the representation of the 30k lore on the armor.  Why not, it's only 17 infantry, lol.  Who cares if it's competitive, rule of cool and all.

• 1 year later...

It's been a hot minute, but I've been working on a few things.

Right now, I'm trying to grind out the tanks I've picked up for 30k. I've got a Whirlwind Scorpius here, that's done with paint, and just needs the decals and the final varnish before being done. I've got the decals on, but need to wait for them to be good and dry before laying down some microsol.

qLjPPgj.jpg

jBdZ0w5.jpg

27RhBqw.jpg