Getting in touch with GW

Guiltysparc

Not sure if this is the right forum, so if not, mods feel free to nuke the thread.  I put in a preorder for the new marine codex on the 3rd and my order is still pending (should have shipped about a week ago).  I've sent emails to customer service but haven't heard back and they don't list a phone number anymore due to covid.  Do you guys have any other ideas on contacting them?  I normally wouldn't be too bothered, but I ordered about $230 worth of stuff with that order, so its a bit of a bummer to have that chunk of change hung up.

When I e-mailed them about a missing issue of White Dwarf in late August, they replied exactly 2 weeks (10 working days) after I sent the original e-mail, which is a bit spooky/fishy given the auto-responder says "please allow 10 working days for a response".

Could be if they have a lot of requests, something get puts to the top based on time as a priority queue that is affected by the age of the request. So by the 10 working days it's forced to the top.

Usually when something is delayed like that, one of the items in the order is out of stock and for whatever reason they hold the entire order up until that item comes in. I currently have one like that, where I ordered the two codices and the Crusade book, but the Crusade book is now out of stock and probably holding it up.

In the past, they've been pretty good to me when things actually get messed up. FW last year ended up shipping my DA praetor preorder to somewhere completely different, and then had to split it because there was no stock left and they had to wait for another shipment. They went out of their way to call me though, I didn't have to contact them. 

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Ya, i was thinking it could be an out of stock item in the order, though none of the items show as being currently out of stock.  Good to know you guys were hearing back within the 10 days.  I'll hang out and hopefully hear back in the next couple days.

The only time I had to contact GW's support it was because the mail had somehow misplaced my package and they answered within a couple working days and sent a replacement order through UPS instead (supposed the original arrived over a month later while I was out of town so it got returned to GW).
Obviously support will depend on the amount of requests on the queue and with the current situation the backlog of contacts might be greater than usual.

The shipping for the new codex is definitely slower than normal, I would guess COVID restrictions in the warehouse + maximum load due to SM codex is not a good combination.

I pre-ordered from GW, usually I would expect the shipping email on Friday and then delivery on Monday when using home delivery.

For the SM codex I got the shipping email on Tuesday and the delivery on Thursday.

That was with a small order, both codex books the getting started mag and a BL book.

Edited by klisof

Yeah they are stating 10 working days at the moment for responses. 

GW Customer Services have a long and good solid history of sorting out problems for customers. I am sure they'll get in touch brother! Check your Spam folders though to as GW does filter into those sometimes.

BCC

Strange, if it was just the codex it would have shipped by now. My gut tells me that they're awaiting stock on something you ordered...thiugh it shouldn't have let you order it.

Speaking to local FLGS's, GW's mailing out of stuff has been slowing down as they get more orders and other shops begin to open up again. 

They've always got back to me when emailing. Just hold tight and wait. Sending multiple emails at this point is likely counterproductive. 

Speaking from experience on both sides of the fence, "10 working days" is typically a rough ballpark - it's entirely possible that it can take longer than that. It should be worded a bit differently, really.

Figured it out, two of the items were out of stock, as we suspected.  I had checked the order every couple days to see and now two of the items are showing out of stock, so i'm guessing the link between the inventory and the webstore wasn't lagging behind for those items.  Good to know it wasn't something on my end!  Hopefully when CS gets back to me they can cancel those two items and ship the rest of the stuff.

Strange, if it was just the codex it would have shipped by now. My gut tells me that they're awaiting stock on something you ordered...thiugh it shouldn't have let you order it.

Speaking to local FLGS's, GW's mailing out of stuff has been slowing down as they get more orders and other shops begin to open up again. 

They've always got back to me when emailing. Just hold tight and wait. Sending multiple emails at this point is likely counterproductive. 

If an item goes out of stock after the order is received, but before the order is shipped, the entire order is stuck until the out of stock item is cancelled from the order, or the item comes back in stock.

Trust me, I learned THAT the hard way with my Night Lords upgrades I ordered back in March that only showed up in late July.

Trust me, I learned THAT the hard way with my Night Lords upgrades I ordered back in March that only showed up in late July.

I can see that might have been just a little annoying. :( Did you at least get an e-mail to tell you that it was on hold? (if not, that's kinda adding insult to injury)

I can see that might have been just a little annoying. :sad.: Did you at least get an e-mail to tell you that it was on hold? (if not, that's kinda adding insult to injury)

So, it was a symphony of things going wrong. Additionally, I got the date wrong on when I got them finally :lol:

When I ordered it, the upgrades were in stock and fine. After they shipped, they went out of stock, no big deal, they were already on the way.

They shipped to my local Warhammer store, and were set to arrive the day after GW did the store close-downs.....

Which lead to my upgrades going back to Memphis. So I got in contact with Customer Service and had it ship to my house.

I THOUGHT because it already shipped, they'd just take the package and send it to me. Booooy was I wrong there.

Because they were now Temporarily Out of Stock online, my 'new' order number didn't ship until after they came back in stock. Which was in September, and I finally got them September 20th.

I originally ordered those the Saturday before the original shutdown for GW in March.

When I ordered it, the upgrades were in stock and fine. After they shipped, they went out of stock, no big deal, they were already on the way.

They shipped to my local Warhammer store, and were set to arrive the day after GW did the store close-downs.....

Which lead to my upgrades going back to Memphis. So I got in contact with Customer Service and had it ship to my house.

I THOUGHT because it already shipped, they'd just take the package and send it to me. Booooy was I wrong there.

Because they were now Temporarily Out of Stock online, my 'new' order number didn't ship until after they came back in stock. Which was in September, and I finally got them September 20th.

I originally ordered those the Saturday before the original shutdown for GW in March.

Did you break a mirror whilst walking under a ladder with a black cat crossing your path or something?  Or were you just a really bad person in your last life? :laugh.::sad.:

I'm glad you got your bits in the end, but I can see that must have been very frustrating! :(

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

So wait, are you saying that you’ve ordered an item showing as in stock and then it’s not been sent because it went out of stock before your pre-ordered sm codex was released? It seems odd they wouldn’t reserve the other items for you as part of that order Edited by Red_Shift

So wait, are you saying that you’ve ordered an item showing as in stock and then it’s not been sent because it went out of stock before your pre-ordered sm codex was released? It seems odd they wouldn’t reserve the other items for you as part of that order

I think that's probably what happened, ya.  Kind of a weird confluence of things.

Actually the same thing happened to me. Ordered the Macfarlane marine along with a couple of other things and it wasn’t sent. When I contacted them they hadn’t reserved the items for me (despite taking the payment) and then put the order on hold (presumably until whenever the macfarlane figure came back in to stock). I’ve been buying direct from gw since the lockdown and it’s really put me off, I’ve tended to view the lack of discount as compensated by very good customer service but recently I’m finding the customer service angle very lacking.