Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Codex Roadmap

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

Lagrath

Lagrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,106 posts
  • Faction: Hexfleet Virules
Oof. For some important personal reasons, I was really, really hoping that Death Guard would be around mid November. Dang. Oh well.
  • Putrid Choir likes this

Urauloth

Urauloth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,144 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
I hope they change their minds about "no ebooks" by December, but you know what they say about the road to disappointment.
  • Noserenda, Aarik and Emicus like this

Its lonely cry comes shivering through the dark,

As beasts roar at the great biting flames,

"Blessed are the chains that bind him to the darkness

and cursed are the blades that leave him lame"

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,664 posts

I'm presuming it's Eldar, because they're the most popular Xeno faction, however it could be GSC's who received new characters recently and I think have been impacted by the changes to the edition quite a lot. 

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageXX

++ The Baalite Feast of Blades 2016; 2018 ++

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,786 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Was hoping for DG in November! Ah well.

rCsoqE7.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,627 posts

It's easy

In today article it states

while early next year we’ll see another xenos race rise up to put those Space Marines in their place.

while in the online reveal of the supplements they stated

Dark Angels fans won’t have to wait much longer – your codex supplement will be on its way early next year, along with the first xenos codex of 2021.

So IMHO it's DA and unrevealed xenos in january

• Cpt_Reaper, Arbiter7, Aarik and 4 others like this
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Talbaz

Talbaz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 56 posts

We do know there is a new Ork model and a DE character on the way for possible Xenos Codexes. As for Imperium we had seen a new Admech and Sisters model is on the way, besides Dark Angels coming early in 2021.

Edited by Talbaz, 16 October 2020 - 03:29 AM.

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,627 posts

We do know there is a new Ork model and a DE character on the way for possible Xenos Codexes. As for Imperium we had seen a new Admech and Sisters model is on the way, behind Dark Angels coming early in 2021.

Yes

They were shown (part of them though) along with the new DG hero, SoB Palatine and what it seem to be a skitarii character in this clip

I would say then that the first xeno codex of 2021 alongside DA supplement will be either orks or DE

Edited by Master Sheol, 15 October 2020 - 07:08 PM.

“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,443 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Let's hope for Orks as one of the earlier books as they are so iconic and universally liked, and have several models that were released after the last codex was published.
  • mithrilforge and Brother Ramael like this

-~Ishagu~-

Urauloth

Urauloth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,144 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Orks could really do with more models, so I'd like to see their codex released whenever it gets them more than a "one hero and a book" package. I'd hate to see it come and go and leave kommandos and tankbustas languishing in finecast, especially now the FW kommando kit is gone.

Then again, codex releases aren't the only time factions get new releases these days, so maybe it's not such a big deal.
  • mithrilforge likes this

Its lonely cry comes shivering through the dark,

As beasts roar at the great biting flames,

"Blessed are the chains that bind him to the darkness

and cursed are the blades that leave him lame"

Cpt_Reaper

Cpt_Reaper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,307 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Shadow

Orks, Tyranids and Chaos need to be released ASAP. Beloved armies that have routinely been dunked on.

Eldar and Tau can be  dead last for all I care. I am still salty over their shenanigans during 7th/8th

• Detjan likes this

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,308 posts

If the other one isn't Dark Angels, they better have a good reason for making them wait. Like a Primarch or something.

They made Space Wolves wait in 8th and stashed them in a Tooth and Claw box set.

You still can't purchase the Wolf Lt or Ragnar on their own...

So Primarch optimism is LOL. Their is precedent for getting treated especially terribly. 

Edited by Wispy, 15 October 2020 - 10:37 PM.

• WrathOfTheLion likes this

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,399 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

If the other one isn't Dark Angels, they better have a good reason for making them wait. Like a Primarch or something.

They made Space Wolves wait in 8th and stashed them in a Tooth and Claw box set.

So Primarch optimism is LOL.

Seems plausible they could do something like that. I would be happy to get a start collecting box at least, since we don't have one...

Release of a primarch seems very unlikely to me. They're trying to get codexes out right now, I think they'll do most of that without any fanfare, maybe tossing a box analogous to tooth and claw somewhere in there.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion, 15 October 2020 - 10:41 PM.

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,308 posts

So Primarch optimism is LOL.

Seems plausible they could do something like that. I would be happy to get a start collecting box at least, since we don't have one...

a themed box around a new Azrael mini would be very fun.

StrangerOrders

StrangerOrders

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 675 posts
  • Faction: 40k: CW, SW, BA. 30k: EC, TS

Hate to be a downer but I suspect that the best Wolves can hope for is for either Ragnar or the LT to be released as 'new', which would be a kick in the gut but fairly GW.

If I were to indulge in optimism, we might get a new character. Along with a more decent upgrade sprue like the other Supplements got.

If I were to indulge in enough cocaine to be crowned as a prince of She Who Thirsts, hooray for the new SW Primaris Grey Hunter box!

GW has no excuse to not give the BA and DA new models though, since they've already released all the Primaris stuff they have as separate purchases. I'd expect a Character and a superior upgrade sprue.

Or, if I were to consume the last hopeful dreams of ten thousand extra-tragic orphaned children, hooray for the new DA and BA Unique Intercessor box!

No idea what DW is getting but probably rating my hopes along the lines of the above.

DG have a fairly complete and new range though, so I'm expecting them to see the character which has been teased along with maybe getting the last of their missing stuff released at last.

As far as Xenos... no clue (pay no attention to my throwing goats into the furnace-alter of the Khaine to get a new Eldar wave).

SoB at a guess for the other Imperium one though, since they've already spilled on a new char. And they can't really have their lucrative and heavily marketed new range linger with outdated rules already, that would be fairly silly.

Have a lovely daybiggrin.png

Incidentally, I like to commit the cardinal sin of writing fanfiction: https://forums.space.../#post-41266642

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,308 posts

Hate to be a downer but I suspect that the best Wolves can hope for is for either Ragnar or the LT to be released as 'new', which would be a kick in the gut but fairly GW.

If I were to indulge in optimism, we might get a new character. Along with a more decent upgrade sprue like the other Supplements got.

If I were to indulge in enough cocaine to be crowned as a prince of She Who Thirsts, hooray for the new SW Primaris Grey Hunter box!

GW has no excuse to not give the BA and DA new models though, since they've already released all the Primaris stuff they have as separate purchases. I'd expect a Character and a superior upgrade sprue.

Or, if I were to consume the last hopeful dreams of ten thousand extra-tragic orphaned children, hooray for the new DA and BA Unique Intercessor box!

No idea what DW is getting but probably rating my hopes along the lines of the above.

DG have a fairly complete and new range though, so I'm expecting them to see the character which has been teased along with maybe getting the last of their missing stuff released at last.

As far as Xenos... no clue (pay no attention to my throwing goats into the furnace-alter of the Khaine to get a new Eldar wave).

SoB at a guess for the other Imperium one though, since they've already spilled on a new char. And they can't really have their lucrative and heavily marketed new range linger with outdated rules already, that would be fairly silly.

i expect nothing, but i suspect GW has multipart Captains designed for each Chapter in the similar vein as Master Lazerus. I recall one of the sculptors saying that Lazarus was designed to just be a multipart Captain and the rules/lore people turned him into a special character. So, there's a possibility there's a classic rubicon's dark angel character (such as Azrael or Belial, etc) to be released still for Dark Angels and that Blood Angels and Space Wolves fans might see a multipart Captain/Wolf Lord.

...It would certainly explain why BA and SW are up first and DA are being asked to wait.

Edited by Wispy, 15 October 2020 - 11:18 PM.

Putrid Choir

Putrid Choir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 635 posts
I think people are expecting too much. I'm just excited they are doing two codexes a month and trying harder to get them out.
  • Felix Antipodes, Doctor Perils, Joe and 2 others like this

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,658 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors
Two codexes a month is a good pace, though GW should just hot drop that FW update book ASAP, any day now would be good.
  • Jolemai likes this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,590 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Early 8th was 2-3 codexes a month and the quality did suffer on those early books with Eldar being the most solidly balanced (outside of the Ynari stuff that was outside of the book and not balanced at all).

Edited by Closet Skeleton, 16 October 2020 - 07:56 AM.

derLumpi

derLumpi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 696 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines, Imperial Knights
Yeah, that FW update still not being out is annoying. :-/
  • Jolemai likes this
Damnation starts with little steps, by arrogantly thinking that you are wiser than our great forbears, by tinkering with truth, by compromising, by departing from the straight and narrow path of the Emperor’s light.

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 335 posts

I think people are expecting too much. I'm just excited they are doing two codexes a month and trying harder to get them out.

Yeah, I suspect they'll just sprinkle the rest of the space marine releases with the upcoming supplements.  Maybe a clampack release of Ragnar and an individual release for Ghaz + the previewed model.  Plus, there's still one "orky" rumor engine picture from last year that hasn't been confirmed, I think.

I don't suspect we'll see too much else on the 40k front (besides what we already know is coming) until after the holidays.

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,294 posts

gallery_57329_13636_115260.jpg

I cropped this image of the 2 unannounced Codices for January.  Well, I'll just share what I instinctively thought, but I'm not so sure.

The left I immediately thought was Codex: Imperial Agents, seeing a seated Roboute Guilliman but surrounded by Techpriests and Navigators and Priests...it's actually a lot of the Blackstone Fortress guys.  Maybe a Codex for all the random special characters?  Now, I'm pretty sure that's the Avenging Son (rather than the Emperor) and this probably isn't an Ultramarines supplement because of all the other figures around him, so I think they're the focus.

The other...I'm not so sure, but I thought Dark Eldar or something Slaaneshi, maybe Emperor's Children?  I dunno, I really am not sure what I'm seeing there.

Edited by N1SB, 16 October 2020 - 03:02 PM.

Posted Image

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,021 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

Some time ago there was a (partial) reveal of a unit that was clearly Adeptus Mechanicus (Skitarii Alpha was the general concensus). Wouldn't that be a hint that their next codex was near too?

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Brother Ramael

Brother Ramael

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 72 posts

I cropped this image of the 2 unannounced Codices for January.  Well, I'll just share what I instinctively thought, but I'm not so sure.

The left I immediately thought was Codex: Imperial Agents, seeing a seated Roboute Guilliman but surrounded by Techpriests and Navigators and Priests...it's actually a lot of the Blackstone Fortress guys.  Maybe a Codex for all the random special characters?  Now, I'm pretty sure that's the Avenging Son (rather than the Emperor) and this probably isn't an Ultramarines supplement because of all the other figures around him, so I think they're the focus.

The other...I'm not so sure, but I thought Dark Eldar or something Slaaneshi, maybe Emperor's Children?  I dunno, I really am not sure what I'm seeing there.

They're not the actual cover, they're images from the core book indicating Imperium and Xenos, basically placeholders.

• Arbiter7, N1SB and SufficientAnonymity like this

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,827 posts
Ye, I dont think those covers are giving anything away.
Anyway, I think DA will have a powerfull codex.
  • N1SB likes this

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,294 posts

Oh I see, so that's why they're everything yet nothing.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users