Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Codex Roadmap

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,815 posts
Roadmaps probably save the WC from a lot of hassle with questions about releases if nothing else :)

I would say PA and Vigilus both cant/shouldnt be repeated. I have no doubt therell be some rules supplement in 18-24 months but itll be much more condensed and even in terms of blessings it bestows
  • Joe likes this

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,556 posts

I don't see them doing something like PA ever again. That's sort of a one time deal, don't think people will buy into it a second time. It also handled the 'unique' problem for 8E, where many factions had lackluster rules due to how rushed the game was. As long as things are roughly compatible going forward, that level of updating shouldn't really be necessary.

The roadmaps are good and handy I think. Although it's a little pointless that they won't just tell us the January books, it's quite helpful for the players that have books announced to know when they're coming out.

This is the second time in a row they do it and as it worked well they will do it again

At the end of 7th edition they released 7 campaign books (Montka, Kauyon, Curse of the Wulfen, Wrath of Magnus, the trilogy of the return of RG) and few month after they invalidated all with the new edition.
Now they are doing the same with the Psychic Awakening series

As long as people keep buying GW will follow this marketing strategy
  • Reskin likes this
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

7 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

CJL