Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Vague rumours of a new race coming to 40k.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,312 posts

I'd like to see my Orks brought up to date, but I would be happier to see the Eldar Aspect Warriors get proper treatment. I think they have aged well, but I want to see Finecast stamped out of existence and the non-wraith Eldar are one of the biggest bastions of that horrible stuff. I mean, I was moaning about Wraithguard being so expensive in metal and Jetbikes being so outdated until they were updated so I'd like to see the more traditional Eldar units get updated. Oh, and please give Shining Spears a proper kit. I never considered their conversion kit to be a proper kit, they barely look more than fancy Guardians to me. It always felt to me that they were just an afterthought and need more development.

I'd also love to see plastic Vespid. More agile and spindly but hopefully looking less cone-headed. Their concpt art was amazing but the models we got looked a bit goofy due to the heads.

Over all I'd love to see more Mechanicus stuff obviously but I feel less than neglected with the rapid release of new kits. There's still plenty of room for me to expand my army so the only think I could ask for is an elite infantry kit that could make the Archaeopter Transvector viable.

• mithrilforge likes this

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Ploghttp://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Ploghttp://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla

Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 105 posts

Dubious at best considering the time manipulation is a Hrud thing - to stay with non-tabletop but already existing factions.

• TheCustodian likes this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,446 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Just a few extras I wasn't specific on in the original post:

-apparently the model range will set a new standard for 40k models, in the way that some of the new AoS factions have been so incredible, visually.

-the time manipulation does sound like it's very limited - only minutes or seconds. What I imagine on the tabletop is undoing a movement, or changing position out of turn - things like that?

I agree with all points of view so far in response. Yes, some factions definitely need many of their models to be updated. At the same time a whole new faction will create buzz, hype and excitement because it's such an unknown quantity.
  • mithrilforge and Slave to Darkness like this

-~Ishagu~-

Progenitor

Progenitor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 213 posts

This sounds like someone watched Edge of Tomorrow and then decided to make a 40k race out of it! 

Just give the AM some exo-suits to fight them! 

• Sete and Subtleknife like this
"I think we'll be OK unless they have some giant robot camels."

Angel of Solitude

Angel of Solitude

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 523 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, Thousand Sons

Does this rumour tie in with the War Zone: Laevenir entry in the 9th Ed rule book?

"Laevenir was home to a number of vicious, unique alien species. The race known to the Kinshara Aeldari as Those WHo Evade the Crone possessed a strange genetic makeup with bizarre time dilatory side effects that made them difficult to track in the Farseers' skeins of fate. Should the alien DNA fall into the open maw of the hive fleet, the abominations that might be spawned where terrifying to even contemplate."

• mithrilforge, Llagos_Tyrant and TrawlingCleaner like this

gallery_48988_15465_43209.pnggallery_48988_15493_11529.pnggallery_48988_15200_20209.pnggallery_48988_16308_20607.png

Sherrypie

Sherrypie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 840 posts

This sounds like someone watched Edge of Tomorrow and then decided to make a 40k race out of it! 

Just give the AM some exo-suits to fight them! 

Or read "All you need is kill" on which that movie is based. Mimics all around!

Mimicallyouneediskill.jpg

#ConvertEverything!

30k / 40k / Epic: Truescale Death Guard / Mechanicum project http://www.bolterand...s-with-the-xiv/

AT: Legio Favilla walks, Ashen Gods unleashed http://www.bolterand...gods-unleashed/

gallery_48988_16045_17820.pngsml_gallery_48988_16045_8658.png

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,566 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords Legion
Isnt the long war the guys from spikey bits and should thus be avoided like the plague?
  • Shadow Captain Vyper, Sandlemad, PJ1933 and 8 others like this
gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

My referal code for eternal crusade:EC-MHXKY9RLYIIEH

Chaplain Lucifer

Chaplain Lucifer

++ RHETOR ORIENS ASTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,180 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Redemption
Good news but I would rather have Space Dwarfs. After seeing that Demiurg miniature some time ago I was hooked!
  • Bulwyf, Lord Marshal and Red_Shift like this
Posted ImagePosted Image

TrawlingCleaner

TrawlingCleaner

++ CLOACARIUS RETICULUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,056 posts

Does this rumour tie in with the War Zone: Laevenir entry in the 9th Ed rule book?

"Laevenir was home to a number of vicious, unique alien species. The race known to the Kinshara Aeldari as Those WHo Evade the Crone possessed a strange genetic makeup with bizarre time dilatory side effects that made them difficult to track in the Farseers' skeins of fate. Should the alien DNA fall into the open maw of the hive fleet, the abominations that might be spawned where terrifying to even contemplate."

Since it's from the Long War, IMO this is them reading this segment and spinning some clicks out of it.

A tiny bit of lore and have never been named or mentioned before, I doubt they'd even get a Blackstone fortress model let alone an army out of it

• Slave to Darkness and RikuEru like this

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,028 posts

Isnt the long war the guys from spikey bits and should thus be avoided like the plague?

You do the plague a disservice
  • Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra, Shadow Captain Vyper, RolandTHTG and 10 others like this

GreenScorpion

GreenScorpion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 255 posts

Overall, it would be more useful to update existing ranges like the Guard or the existing Xenos factions, or expand factions which already exist in some form, like the traitor guardsmen from Blackstone Fortress.
Either that or reasonably priced old kits, so that the age isn't such a big issue, but besides some characters, it doesn't seem like anyone is going to get a major revamp soon.

• Slave to Darkness likes this

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,022 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

. But for the love of the Emperor, GW, don't make their background lore two-dimensional. 

Well, if their power is time manipulation, then they're lore is already four dimensional!

You sir, I tip my hat to you.

• Urkh likes this

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

BladeOfVengeance

BladeOfVengeance

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 217 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
It’s from the Long war so Kenny (BROTHA) bouchée and spiky bits? I’m not buying it unfortunately
  • Joe and Dark Shepherd like this

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,987 posts

I honestly hope not. There are so many factions that need brining into the 41st millennium so to speak. Elder, Guard,Orks etc could all do eith a range refresh.

Very true. Unfortunately GW have noticed that introducing new factions is more profitable than revamping old ones. My Eldar still have a lot of old models in the ranks (including some Aspect Warriors that have real lead in them :P ). Revamps need to be really spiffy for me to replace existing models (Jain Zar fell into that category).

med_gallery_82363_14341_129191.jpg

• RolandTHTG, Juggernut, Commander Dawnstar and 1 other like this
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,249 posts

I don't object to a new race entering 40k at all, could be exciting.  But I'm nervous about time travel being involved, its very easy to get it wrong and for it to become trite and irritating.

• PJ1933 and Detjan like this

Jings

Jings

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 214 posts
Yes to more Xenos. No to new Xenos that fill a niche already established by a galaxy spanning xenos species that have been both a nuisance and a threat for over 10,000 years of Canon.

It'd absolutely mental to introduce a race of timefethers that aren't Hrud unless they're some sort of proto-Hrud and the current Hrud are their degenerated future evolution traveling through time (which would actually be kinda cool tbf).

Edited by Jings, 16 October 2020 - 11:46 AM.

• Felix Antipodes, Volt and Detjan like this

Juggernut

Juggernut

++ MEDICAE MONTANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,722 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate
Too many filthy xenos in the game already. I’d prefer updating existing ranges but my preferences are irrelevant. Let’s see if this pans out.
  • Slave to Darkness likes this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,378 posts
True or not, Anerith is a weird way to spell Kroot Mercenaries, the only acceptable new Xenos faction.
  • Dracos, apologist, Reigart and 7 others like this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,787 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Isn't the Long War podcast basically run by Spikey Bits? Given their track record, I don't believe this at all. For Spikey Bits to be the first to hear of something of this magnitude - with actual specific information about the race that is clearly based off a pre-existing faction - seems about as likely as GW spontaneously announcing that they're leaving the wargaming business and starting their own football team.

Edited by Marshal Loss, 16 October 2020 - 11:58 AM.

• Sandlemad, Noserenda, Volt and 4 others like this

rCsoqE7.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

ThatRedOne

ThatRedOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 276 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

The only race that should be "new" to add to the game are Squats. Bring Squats back.

I'm torn. I would love to see Squats and would definitely build an army despite my extensive pile of shame but...

...do we really need more Imperial armies?

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,888 posts
Honestly, it's so ridiculous.

Edit.

I go with spikey bits making stuff up

Edited by Triszin, 16 October 2020 - 12:37 PM.

• Ishagu likes this
banana

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,283 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
I highly doubt this is true, like many others, with this coming from Spikey Bits and their Companions and a newly-invented Xenos Race being very unlikely (compared to revamps a la Genestealer Cults being done for already lore-established factions/races a la Kroot, Vespids, etc.).

BUT, just to add to the lore side of the discussion:
A new Xenos race being unlikely just because of trait XYZ sounding like another race, would be kinda dull.
This Galaxy is quite vast and I doubt the Hrud are the only Xenos race naturally able to dabble with time, when we know other examples already.
In a dangerous galaxy like this, it's quite the helpful evolutionary trait to develop to save your own ass (and by doing so, securing your race's survival).
  • Beren likes this

q6c0AMP.pngUZREYOk.pngrm0hCox.png4bqeAKq.pngSuMQ47R.png

grailkeeper

grailkeeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 649 posts
  • Faction: Vylka Fenrika

Coming to 40k as in as an army or just coming to the lore?

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,446 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

Coming to 40k as in as an army or just coming to the lore?

A new playable army, apparently.

-~Ishagu~-

Malakithe

Malakithe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 416 posts

Just a few extras I wasn't specific on in the original post:

-apparently the model range will set a new standard for 40k models, in the way that some of the new AoS factions have been so incredible, visually.

Isnt that what Primaris are supposed to be doing?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users