Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Vague rumours of a new race coming to 40k.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,252 posts

I imagine the GW design studio would be very happy to work on a whole new faction that isn't restricted by existing lore or aesthetics.

Stuff like that is how we get elves riding sky sharks. Which is as pants on head stupid as it sounds.

• Dracos, Scribe, Volt and 2 others like this

we_badge_ezra.png

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,828 posts
  • Faction: Khorne
Most of what you list is part of the existing lore.

AoS is a disjointed mess, to say nothing of what it was on release.

Knights.
GSC
AdMech
Death Guard and Thousand Sons.
Daemon Primarchs.
Abaddon.

Like imagine if instead of a second line of Marines with 2 Codex per cycle, we got Necron/Dark Eldar style reboots?

Imagine we got real multi-pose kits again.
Imagine we got a full Elder refresh in plastic.
Imagine a World Eaters release.
Imagine an actual Guard refresh!
Inquisition?? Yes please!

There is SO MUCH GW needs to do, that is well before adding a complete new zero lore xeno faction.

Update the rest of the ranges for everyone else.

Berzerkers are 20+ years at this point.

It's a joke.

Edited by Scribe, 16 October 2020 - 06:24 PM.

• Marshal Loss, Doctor Perils, Volt and 2 others like this

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,233 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Im mostly surprised this implausible drek has been allowed more pages of spec than actual confirmed releases...

• Marshal Loss, Scribe, The Observer and 4 others like this

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,028 posts

I imagine the GW design studio would be very happy to work on a whole new faction that isn't restricted by existing lore or aesthetics.

Stuff like that is how we get elves riding sky sharks. Which is as pants on head stupid as it sounds.
A lot of the bigger/more outlandish AOS are a complete nightmare to transport, let alone keep in one piece. Most of these "new" AOS factions are just GW trying to create a copyrightable IP

Between Rougue Trader Kill Teams, BSF, Mechanicum, Daemons, theres tonnes of opportunities for amazing new sculpts.

Also the small matter of shoehorning this new playable faction into the setting when theyve just shifted the focus to Necrons

Edited by Dark Shepherd, 16 October 2020 - 06:21 PM.

• Scribe likes this

Nomus Sardauk

Nomus Sardauk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,246 posts
  • Faction: The Steel Legion
If there are new xenos incoming I hope they're a client/allied species of the Tau, for all their talk of being a multi-species empire uniting dozens of races they only have a grand total of 3 represented in their armies, four if you count Gue'vesa, who have no actual models and a small, vastly-outdated rulesblock posted something like a decade ago in White Dwarf. Give us more weird and wonderful aliens!

Edited by Nomus Sardauk, 16 October 2020 - 06:26 PM.

• Panzer likes this

tn_gallery_4536_13905_53919.pngFbm7BxJ.jpg6ACBl6j.jpg
Formerly SanguiniusReborn, proud Creator of the Scarlet Sentinels, my 18th Century British Redcoat Chapter and the Steel Legion, my Cyberpunk-inspired Lost Legion!

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Berzerkers are 20+ years at this point.

It's a joke.

I mean, at least there are models for Berzerkers in the first place. Noise Marines don't even have that lol

• Marshal Loss and Scribe like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,828 posts
  • Faction: Khorne
Exactly!

You get FW and/or convert, if you don't have a kit from what, 3.5 days?

It's negligence.

If I wanted new berzerkers it's a conversion from 2 or 3 kits, including the AoS range.

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,313 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
Based on the almost non-existent information and the possibility that this is nothing more than speculation based on lore in the rulebook, I'm closing this topic. If something more concrete comes to light and further discussion is warranted, please REPORT this topic and the mods/admins can unlock it.
  • Redrandy93, Black Blow Fly, SteveAntilles and 4 others like this

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users