Luther and his Heraldry

Dizzyeye01

Greetings fellow brothers of Caliban. Recently, I've been looking into any possible indications of what Luthers' heraldry would have looked like before his time as the Dark Oracle. So far, the only notable pieces I've seen is that he's had the dark angels icon on his chest like in the picture below:

gallery_65115_16704_1555.jpg

Outside of this, I've also found this piece here which seems to me like his left shoulder pad was in bone similar to the Deathwing:

gallery_65115_16704_8501.jpg

Has there been anything else which has hinted or shown what he appeared like? I haven't read the HH books in a long time and not having the latest black book from forge world I don't know if there's any new references there. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

The latest Black Book from FW doesn't get as far as the fall of Caliban, as it mostly focuses on the forces that were actively fighting in the heresy. Given that Luther has largely been exiled on Caliban by this point, there is scant mention of him in the book.

What I would say is that from an armour perspective, it's highly unlikely that Luther would wear bone armour of any description. The origins of bone armour is that it is used as a mark of honour for Deathwing Companions to indicate where they have intercepted a mortal wound due for their principal, and there is no mention of Luther ever having served as a Deathwing Companion. 

Given his Caliban origins and not his Legion origins, I'd stick to the more traditional knightly heraldry, and steer away from anything relating to the 6 wings of the Hexagrammaton.  Descent of Angels is probably the most relevant Horus Heresy book to read if you want more inspiration on the knight background.