The Silver Fire of Dawn challenge - Grey Knights

Skywrath

Right. Finally got my vow to a point where I can call them done.

Stormraven:

Pcw76Zi.jpg

uKb4V60.jpg

And Paladin Squad.

JpEsie0.jpg

jK1p8Dx.jpg

1kzGjdS.jpg

And a bonus Brother Captain:

n0yoLaR.jpg

Apologies for the terrible picture quality, just can't seem to catch any light.

Fluff to follow.

Kai Grimaced as another of the warp-spawn fell under his blows, ichor smoking off his stave as it's body dissolved back to the Aether. He felt as if he'd been fighting non-stop for weeks although in reality it had probably been mere days.

Reality!

That word no longer had much meaning on Armageddon. Time and space had become stretched and blurred as the ritual neared completion. Events no longer occurred in sequence - Kai had witnessed Magnus fall, and yet he had since heard reports of the Cyclops having brought to battle several times. At first he had put it down to the disruption to communications brought on by the ritual. Emperor knows it had become almost impossible to send or receive messages to the rest of the chapter, either on-planet or in orbit.

Communication was vital. Kai had to get word out about what he had discovered.

That Armageddon was being dragged into the warp was obvious, but the reason?...

Throne, the reason!

Kai summoned Cadrig Pelanas, Brother Captain of the 1st.

"Captain, our mission now is clear. Take Paladin Squad Harris and seek the fulcrum of this ritual. It must be near here, unless the ritual is even closer to completion than I fear. Take Farukh'Sho, he's our best Stormraven pilot.

"Find the centre of this thing and do all you can to disrupt and delay the ritual. Once you have the location, Farukh must bring word so we can bring all our strength to bear."

"Yes Sir."  was all Pelenas replied before saluting and departing.

He knows I send them to their deaths, thought Kai ruefully, yet he follows my orders without question. Such dedication.

Such Trust.

Yet I pray to the Emperor that I am wrong.

Kai's meditations had led him to only one conclusion. Magnus and his Daemonic Lieutenants had not been defeated. They had warped time so that they could give their lives over and over again. They were offering themselves up as the sacrifice to fuel the ritual! 

The ritual to transform Armageddon into a Daemon World and allow the Architect himself to cross into the material realm!

Awesome narrative! Perhaps both our heroes of the 1st should meet up for the final showdown ;) 

Those models look great too! That Stormraven is great, the colors look really flat (I mean this in a good way!) and not too thick, which I find is pretty hard to accomplish on large vehicles - just finished a couple Land Raiders myself, I know how tricky it can get, especially reds and whites. Those Paladins are really cool too, some very dynamic poses!!

I'm curious as to what head you used for the Brother-Captain, maybe its the angle/lighting, but I can't seem to grasp what it is.

Excellent work, Freakshow, keep 'em comin'!

Thanks for the praise Woodsman.

The Brother Captain is actually an old rogue trader era Grey Knight, I think the original grey knight model, that my mate found in a charity shop for £1. It didn't have the original arms, so I put modern arms on.

Awesome! Revamping old school models is dope.

Awesome narrative, amazing work! You guys are just too damn good. Who the heck am I going to vote for now.

I will be honest though, not a fan of that last pic and that head or whatever is going on there. Or that model in general. Sorry dude.

Its a chaos torso and legs right?

Edited by Reskin

Awesome narrative, amazing work! You guys are just too damn good. Who the heck am I going to vote for now.

I will be honest though, not a fan of that last pic and that head or whatever is going on there. Or that model in general. Sorry dude.

Its a chaos torso and legs right?

It's actually a really old RT or 2nd ed Grey Knight model, with current terminator arms. I'll try to get a better pic to post at some point, as the angle does it no justice.

Not part of my vow, however, so bear that in mind when voting

++ Voting will commence from tomorrow, as today is Christmas, and people will be busy today. Also, just a reminder, that you have 6 days from this moment to get your submissions in. The last stage of this challenge will begin on the 1st of January, 2021, 12.00am AEST, and trust me when I say, we are going out with a bang.   

=][= We are the Hammer! =][=

++ Seeing how December was busier than I anticipated, I'll give players 2 days from this moment to put their votes in/complete submissions. This will end on the January 4th, 2021, 1.30pm AEST. In light of the latter as well, because of said busy period, I'm going to allow people who put their votes in to change votes until that period as well. ++

Edited by Skywrath

++ Just a reminder that submissions for this month are due in effectively three days from the above message. I'd ask that people take this into account when casting votes, as there are quite a few missing submissions for this month. ++

Edited by Skywrath

++ Voting and admissions for last month are not going to be accepted from this point onwards. I'll provide the narrative for this month this week, and will do the voting recap sometime tommorow. Taking admissions for the next and final month, let's go out with a bang, folks! ++

Edited by Skywrath

Whoever ends up winning this month's badges will be well worthy, the standard has been excellent.

I, Prognosticar Freakshow , answer the call of the Silver Fire of Dawn one final time, and pledge to reinforce the First brotherhood of the Grey Knights chapter with a 5-man Terminator Squad, a 5-man Purifier Squad and a Land Raider by the months' end.

Looks like the 1st is getting reinforced in bucket-loads... I, Justicar Woodsman, answer the call of the Silver Fire of Dawn and vow to reinforce the 1st Brotherhood of the Grey Knights Chapter with a 5-Man Paladin Squad and a Nemesis Dreadknight for the month of January.

Pics of early stage/WIP models later today.

Oh and welcome to 2021 brothers, hope it treats you well :)

Time to end this! I, Forgelord TPS, answer the callo f the Silver Fire of Dawn and vow to paint what is left of my Grey Knight backlog, consisting of a Rhino, two Razorback turrets, a Rifleman Dreadnought and a Techmarine.

cUrfVWd.jpg

Edited by TPS