The Silver Fire of Dawn challenge - Grey Knights

Skywrath

Time to end this! I, Forgelord TPS, answer the callo f the Silver Fire of Dawn and vow to paint what is left of my Grey Knight backlog, consisting of a Rhino, two Razorback turrets, a Rifleman Dreadnought and a Techmarine.

cUrfVWd.jpg

I love the look of the FW turrents over the GW version. GL

Here are my entries for month #3, Paladin Squad Arios and Brother Malakai Vos, Nemesis Dreadknight Pilot (at the moment he's actually a rather promising prospect for Brother-Captaincy... in my own 1st Brotherhood timeline he's just been promoted from Bro-Cap to Grand Master of the 1st ;) )

month 3 wip

Edited by The Woodsman

Will the time frame for this month be extended? I'm not trying to be difficult but I'm waiting on the theme to make my commitment for this month and I'm afraid that the month will be 1/2 over before we get to that. So far, I'm leaning toward an apothecary, dreadknight, and Inquisitor.

That it will be, until the 15th of February, 12.00pm AEST. A premium :censored:-storm (pardon the french) IRL has been needing my full attention, so I couldn't do any of what I promised, last week. I'm deeply sorry, fraters. 

Nothing to apologize about my good sir, take the time you need!

That it will be, until the 15th of February, 12.00pm AEST. A premium :censored:-storm (pardon the french) IRL has been needing my full attention, so I couldn't do any of what I promised, last week. I'm deeply sorry, fraters. 

You do what you've got to do, friend. We'll wait, and wait patiently. Please, just let us know from time to time. Honestly, for people I've never actually met, I worry too much when folks just disappear off the internet. :)

Sorry for the double post, here's a (almost complete really) WiP shot of Paladin Squad Arios. Just the halberds (blades and shafts) and the bases left to finish, plus some touch-ups. 

Paladin Squad Arios Wip

I'll try and get some better quality pics for the final shot, which I'll add by editing this post when they're done (tomorrow?).

Nice work there TPS! Still gotta love that old school Dread though. You could probably get away with running him as dual Heavy Bolters or something since they have similar output? At least in friendly games. The alterante scheme on your vehicles is really cool as well, well done.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/191875442@N07/shares/vX78gF

https://www.flickr.com/photos/191875442@N07/shares/g5uk7N

https://www.flickr.com/photos/191875442@N07/shares/2N1V18

There you have it, Paladin Squad Arios, Brothers Vorkai and Orin above, followed by Brothers Illio and Priam, and lastly the Paragon himself, Arios.

Pretty happy with how these turned out, though I still struggle with blending the force weapons - I do feel like I'm getting there though!

Coming soon: Brother Malakai Vos, piloting a Nemesis Dreadknight...

**Had to link to flickr because the pictures were too big for the B&C gallery, hopefully this is ok.

Edited by The Woodsman

• 2 weeks later...

Hey lads, just wanted to regretfully let you know that I won't have time to finish Brother Vos by Monday... I could maybe rush him, but I'd rather take the time I need to get him done right. I'll definitely share the finished result as and when I do complete him. 

This whole challenge has been really motivational in getting some of my stuff finished, and its been a real pleasure to see all your work. Thanks for making this community what it is!

• 2 weeks later...