The Silver Fire of Dawn challenge - Grey Knights

Skywrath

=][=

Results for the December Silver Fire of Dawn Challenge. Sorry for the delay, reasoning of which has been explained above.

On the month of December, ten frater attempted to complete the challenge, with eight completing their vows. There were many original conversions and imaginative storytelling but ultimately we can only have the one winner (at least in each categories). That being said, the part we are waiting for - results.

The imaginative category had some great admissions, but ultimately there is only the one winner. Seeing how this category had the draw, I had to break the tiebreaker.  The winner for the Imaginative category for the month of November is: 

The Woodsman!

Award: 

d1OXfzm.png

Admission:

=][=

Of course, the Grey Knights are as much warriors as much as artisans (at least in the way of war), so that brings is to the next award: Original. In this category we had the singular winner by an overwhelming margin. So with this month's award, bring your hands (or gauntlets) together for the winner of the Original category: 

TPS!

Award:

C5k3Xv9.png

Admission:

=][=

That being said, the most anticipated award, the favourite. Everyone should be proud of the admissions they put, if I had any say in the matter, I'd vote for you all of you. Unfortunately, we only have the one spot for the favourite, and that person is, the Favourite for this month's award is:

Freakshow668!

Award:

M2gTsbt.png

Admission:

=][=

That brings us to the last award: Improved. As both painters, fluffers, theorycrafters and first of all, Grey Knight players, everyone has room to improve, even when we are at the bedrock. With this in mind, please bring your gauntlets together for the winner of this months Improved Category: 

Reskin!

X7VxIYJ.png

Admission: 

Well done everyone who participated.  There were some very creative admissions, and there were quite the few paint-jobs/narratives that made it difficult for me to break the tie-breakers. 

Edited by Skywrath

=][=

As discussed earlier, seeing how the events of last year and the month of January have been nothing short of extraordinary, we agreed to the single overall winner for this Challenge. Before I announce the overall winner, it has been my imperative that because of such a high quality of paintjobs and narratives, everyone who completed their vow should be commended on their efforts. With this in mind, the following people have earned the Participant award, wear the badge on your signature with pride: 

Woodsman, TPS, Icosiel, Freakshow668, Reskin, Grostmasha, Waking Dreamer, Librisrogue, Skywrath

NsM7DNw.png

=][=

With that said, there is one final award, the overall winner of the competition. I think this should come to no surprise to anyone, and the winner that wins this shiny new paladin box and the award is:

Y2Q4Gua.png

80IPhK8.jpg

TPS, you'll get a PM shortly about delivery details.

=][=

Well done to everyone who participated, the forum and our armour is much more shiner by your admissions. That being said, some upcoming news on this event in the future...

Edited by Skywrath

++ Future plans for this event as well as events for the Grey Knight forum. ++

Silver Fire of Dawn, despite it's hiccups was an astounding success, I'm sure everyone will agree. During the time this event was active, the forum activity went up roughly three-fold in this thread and others. With this in mind, and when our codex comes out, this event will return later this year (unspecified date), albeit with a few revisions. The badges will be the same, the prizes might be different. I have no problems getting another paladin box, but if the codex drops by then, it will probably be that (the special edition, because we are special like that). In short, I thank everyone who participated in this challenge, and I hope to see everyone for the next one. I will request this thread to be archived by Brother Lunkhead in due time, and I'll put a link to the thread in the resources, for this challenge to be commemorated for future reference. 

That being said, your feedback is imperative - if you have any, I look forward to hearing it, as well as improvements! And as always guys, remember.. 

=][= We are the Hammer! =][=

Edited by Skywrath

Well done to everyone for their participation and entries, it was really refreshing and inspirational to participate in this event!!

Congratulations to TPS, some really stunning and original pieces, keep it up! :)

Thanks to Skywrath for  the hard work in organizing all of this, and for your continued dedication to the forum.

Amazing job by all involved. Hopefully when the Codex drops and this starts up again, I'll be able to contribute some models of my own.

Until then, I'm gonna continue to be inspired by you guys to get my models painted! Just need the two weeks of summer we get in Scotland so I can prime my models haha

Congrats to all the winners. It was well earned all around and I hope we have more events like this in the future. It was very motivational to get me to pick up my brush.

There will be. SFOD will continue later this year. 

There were these two ties in the first month.

I originally wanted a poll, but that seemed to much effort for admin to handle so we went with secretive votes, people then for some reason had to keep being reminded you couldn’t vote for yourself.

I think including more people from the forum would, with transparency would of been good.

These were the two ties I was referring to.

Geez, that was so long ago, I don't think I still have those votes. Why didn't you bring it up then?

The reason I said you couldn't vote for yourself is because in our PM's someone decided to do just that - vote for himself. Of course due to some conversations between me and the admins, it was decided that votes were to be kept secret, in case people saying, why didn't you vote for me, or to even rig the vote in someone's favour. I provided the two people with this month, so you got your transparency there. 

Edited by Skywrath

Wait, did I interpret that wrong, did you just say I voted for myself?

I understand concerns for the later but I didn’t want to kick against the goads.

There was a case where someone voted for himself, I'm not sure whether it was you or another person I'm thinking off. So many PM's, so long ago, don't have the PM now. Accept my humble apologies if it wasn't you.

• 4 weeks later...

So today, I made a most unusual discovery in my mail box. I discovered a parcel from the opposite side of the planet.

YXisLeV.jpg

Within, there was a squad of venerable veterans that had survived their trials in the land of deserts and poisonous beasts and are now awaiting a coat of paint to keep them warm in my currently rather snowy weather.

uelUSTK.jpg

Master Skywrath, you're awesome and just totally made my day.

Expect something to come your way in the next couple of weeks!