The Silver Fire of Dawn challenge - Grey Knights

Skywrath

I, Brother-Captain Icosiel , answer the call of the Silver Fire of Dawn, and pledge to reinforce the 7th Brotherhood of the Grey Knights chapter with a Interceptor Squad by the months' end.

I am breaking my rule of no PAGK!

Wow, your disdain of power armour is legendary

I, Brother-Captain Icosiel , answer the call of the Silver Fire of Dawn, and pledge to reinforce the 7th Brotherhood of the Grey Knights chapter with a Interceptor Squad by the months' end.

At least you're breaking your rule for the great power armored marines in the game. Interceptors are both awesome in the fluff and awesome in the rules.

That’s interesting, I’m painting 5 termies. Everyone’s taking rate of fire against my power armour now.

Sorry about the long delay folks - final preparations for midterms are fairly big, so that required my attention. Anyhow onto thread administration matters, 

++ Challenge has officially commenced, and this month will finish on the 26th of November. Voting poll will be up a week before the end date, don't forget to vote! Updated the OP with competed/updated vows (in green for completion). ++

Answering previous responses:

@Chaoself, welcome to the challenge and the Halls of Titan! Hopefully we see more of you  :smile.:

@Icosiel, are you adding those Interceptors on top of the original vow, and are they for this month, or next month?

@Freakshow, awesome conversion for Voldus, my man! I think I might have to take some inspiration from that, and do something similar myself with another unit. 

Side-note, Could I also please get you to remove the highlighted text from the fluff narrative?

I'm also updating my original vow with a Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight, reinforcing the third company.

Edited by Skywrath

wait, I thought the first month finished today? hahaha we have so long now till the next vow

Well, if I said the challenge ends a week before the month, that would be hardly fair would it, haha? There is nothing stopping you from vowing additional models before the next month! ;p

Ancient Naimon knelt over the work station. Other members of the 7th brotherhood were scattered about the battlebarge that was even now transporting them confrontation with the children of traitorous Magnus. Some would be going over their wargear, ensuring that the tools of their craft were ready to confront the enemy. No time was ever ill spent by a warrior making certain that round left their firearm properly when the trigger was pulled or that their blade was sharp enough to cut the foe. No doubt others would be engaged in ritual meditation, preparing their minds and souls for confronting an enemy uniquely prepared to face them. Of all the myriad forces of chaos, the Thousand Sons were best prepared to face the Grey Knights in psychic warfare and no effort could be wasted evening their odds. Justicars, Captains, Paladins, and Grand Master Covan Leorac would be holding strategic meetings, seeing to the mundane military decisions and logistics that all conflicts ultimately rested upon. Naimon wasn't partaking in any of those activities.

In front of him were strips of parchment. Blessed by a chaplain of the brotherhood, harvested from the 7th pure lamb of a litter raised on the shrine world of Ultesus VII, mildly scored by the pure mind of Knight of the Flame Eldash, and now inscribed upon for this specific campaign by Naimon, these strips of parchment were the weapons of his warfare. Naimon was a pyrokinetic. Flame, strong, hot, and sacred, was his preferred blade and his standard was often alight on the battlefield, burning all foes that sought to break the center of the 7th's efforts. Against the Thousand Sons and daemons of the trickster, prolific wielders of psychic fire themselves, Naimon knew that he would have to be without failing.

Each meditative writing. Every symbol of power. All the varied incantations and focusing rituals he was familiar with made their way onto the parchment, to better focus his mind during battle. He would not fail his brotherhood. He would not fail the chapter. He would not fail the Emperor.

Behold, Ancient Naimon joins the battle! He is my first painted Grey Knight since I rejoined the chapter. Grey Knights were my first army, all 14 years ago, and I didn't realize how much I missed them until I finally got around to painting these beautiful silver knights. And I think he looks pretty sharp too.

med_gallery_53428_16726_1004960.jpgmed_gallery_53428_16726_672746.jpg

Edited by librisrouge

Ancient Naimon knelt over the work station. Other members of the 7th brotherhood were scattered about the battlebarge that was even now transporting them confrontation with the children of traitorous Magnus. Some would be going over their wargear, ensuring that the tools of their craft were ready to confront the enemy. No time was ever ill spent by a warrior making certain that round left their firearm properly when the trigger was pulled or that their blade was sharp enough to cut the foe. No doubt others would be engaged in ritual meditation, preparing their minds and souls for confronting an enemy uniquely prepared to face them. Of all the myriad forces of chaos, the Thousand Sons were best prepared to face the Grey Knights in psychic warfare and no effort could be wasted evening their odds. Justicars, Captains, Paladins, and Grand Master Covan Leorac would be holding strategic meetings, seeing to the mundane military decisions and logistics that all conflicts ultimately rested upon. Naimon wasn't partaking in any of those activities.

In front of him were strips of parchment. Blessed by a chaplain of the brotherhood, harvested from the 7th pure lamb of a litter raised on the shrine world of Ultesus VII, mildly scored by the pure mind of Knight of the Flame Eldash, and now inscribed upon for this specific campaign by Naimon, these strips of parchment were the weapons of his warfare. Naimon was a pyrokinetic. Flame, strong, hot, and sacred, was his preferred blade and his standard was often alight on the battlefield, burning all foes that sought to break the center of the 7th's efforts. Against the Thousand Sons and daemons of the trickster, prolific wielders of psychic fire themselves, Naimon knew that he would have to be without failing.

Each meditative writing. Every symbol of power. All the varied incantations and focusing rituals he was familiar with made their way onto the parchment, to better focus his mind during battle. He would not fail his brotherhood. He would not fail the chapter. He would not fail the Emperor.

Behold, Ancient Naimon joins the battle! He is my first painted Grey Knight since I rejoined the chapter. Grey Knights were my first army, all 14 years ago, and I didn't realize how much I missed them until I finally got around to painting these beautiful silver knights. And I think he looks pretty sharp too.

Loving the somber tone on the narrative, and the dusty effects on the miniature - how do you do this? Also I'm glad you have returned to the elite of the Astartes. We are the Hammer, brother!

Edited by Skywrath

Awesome kitbash on the Ancient, libisrouge! And nice narrative as well. Its nice to see a different banner than the standard from the Paladin kit. Well done.

100%, i'm gonna hit up my mate now and raid his bitz box. Didnt realise that came from Custodes

Loving the somber tone on the narrative, and the dusty effects on the miniature - how do you do this? Also I'm glad you have returned to the elite of the Astartes. We are the Hammer, brother!

Thanks for the love. As far as the dusty look, I can't claim too much. I'm hardly a capable painter but I can use Nuln Oil with the medium of them. The base is Armaggedon Soil (Earth? Dunes?) and the dusty look is a combination of that, nuln oil, and a poor camera. I like a grittier look on Grey Knights because they're grey, not silver, knights. Nuln oil dulls a metallic primer quite well without changing the color and brings to mind the knight operating away from prying eyes and under a psychic shroud to me.

• 2 weeks later...

After I finish my exams up tommorow, I'll have my GMNDK done and posted, he's a beauty! I think it's just that time of year, where everyone is busy, hence there aren't that many replies, Freakshow. 

++ To all non-participating interested GK players, this challenge is still open, more the merrier! ++

Edited by Skywrath

I managed to get the silver plating done on Eudicius today. I don't have the best lighting where I am right now, but it looks alright, and look good on the tabletop. I had a little trouble stripping him, and being FW resin I didn't want to go for anything stronger than Simple Green, so the primer was a little think, but again, should be fine on the tabletop, which is what I aim for. 

vendread

• 2 weeks later...

++ Badges complete, thank you to Grostmasha for making them! ++

Champion -    fEWzIXs.png

Original -        C5k3Xv9.png

Favourite -     M2gTsbt.png

Improved -     X7VxIYJ.png

Imaginative -  d1OXfzm.png

Just a reminder, that the voting for this month's challenge awards will start on the 19th, which is 2 days from now, (3 days if you aren't Australian), and conclude on the 26th for the next month. People will have until then to vote/complete their vows (working on mine right now..) for this months' completion. The champion award won't be awarded for this month/next month, as it requires three consecutive wins in the singular category of any of the above four categories to win the award, and subsequently the prize. I'll start preparing the narrative for the next month's event.

Edited by Skywrath