The Silver Fire of Dawn challenge - Grey Knights

Skywrath

Provided the fluff behind my BC captain.

=][=

You have 12hrs, 30m from this moment to submit your entries, if you haven't already, and to provide the narrative with your submission. The narrative for the next month will be provided tomorrow, and the awards will be given after the poll concludes. Polling will be up later today/tonight, and the polling process will be extended to the 29th of November, 12pm AEST. I will be accepting further admissions for next month from this point onwards.

=][=

If you still want suggestions, I would just continue the story of this little campaign above Armageddon. As we paint more models/units they can be different perspectives on the battlefield, or what not. Keep it against Magnus and TS or something, perhaps we could invite the TS subforum to hold a similar challenge to paint TS with GK's as the enemy.

Just a suggestion *shrug*

If you still want suggestions, I would just continue the story of this little campaign above Armageddon. As we paint more models/units they can be different perspectives on the battlefield, or what not. Keep it against Magnus and TS or something, perhaps we could invite the TS subforum to hold a similar challenge to paint TS with GK's as the enemy.

Just a suggestion *shrug*

That's the plan - I'm reading over your stories at the moment, and taking the time to incorporate them. That being said there is a talk between me and the moderation team about which way this challenge should be heading in terms of including other factions in this challenge (more specifically SM/CSM/Demons). That being said, I am keen to the thoughts of everyone who's participating in this challenge - do you want the challenge to be extended to the other factions, or should we keep this Grey Knight specific?

Seeing as there's not that many participants in the first round, you could incorporate their models into the next chapter of the narrative. As a nod to those who participated or something even if they don't win anything. Might be incentive for others to get a mention if they join in on the next round.

I don't know that may be too stupid or too hard to do. Just throwing ideas out there.

Good luck and thanks for the HUGE amount of effort running this Skywrath!

I feel that it could be kept to Grey Knights/Exorcists with the addition of Ordo Malleus Inquisitors/Warbands. Getting folks from other subforums to vote would be great though, and I'd love to see a sister challenge happening in the T Sons subforum if the narrative continues to revolve around a GK/T Sons conflict. 

As to the narrative itself, a continuity of this latest war for Armageddon would be sweet, and allow us participants to link together our own submissions and narratives. I for one have several ideas for my own characters, and the end result could be a joint narrative, combing everything all the participants have contributed over the course of the challenge. Once the dust has settled after Month #3, we could collectively vote for someone to write up a short story detailing the conflict, using the characters and events provided by each participant. Just spitballing, but I feel that would tie the whole thing together nicely. Don't let your creativity be stunted by this though, Skywrath, you've been doing great!! If the whole thing does take place and focus on a single conflict on Armageddon, we could perhaps include any allies (Imperial or Chaos) that come into play later in the timeline in a seperate "Allies" category? That way we keep it a primarily GK/Malleus event, but still allowing others to take part in the larger picture. Just my 2 cents, and again, thanks to our very own Codicier Skywrath and the moderation team for making this happen, its a huge motivator and really helps give a sense of hobby community in these weird, Covidesque times. 

I'm of the mind of having the current challenge in this thread to Ordo Malleus / GKs / Exorcists. Of course, if other sub-forums want to begin their own challenge in the same format and run it simultaneously with ours, that would be great. I'd be more than happy with checking out their completed entries and bg lore, and then also participate in their voting as they could with our collection of entries.

But I'm fine either way. Its all good.

Seeing as there's not that many participants in the first round, you could incorporate their models into the next chapter of the narrative. As a nod to those who participated or something even if they don't win anything. Might be incentive for others to get a mention if they join in on the next round.

I don't know that may be too stupid or too hard to do. Just throwing ideas out there.

Good luck and thanks for the HUGE amount of effort running this Skywrath!

That's the plan.

I feel that it could be kept to Grey Knights/Exorcists with the addition of Ordo Malleus Inquisitors/Warbands. Getting folks from other subforums to vote would be great though, and I'd love to see a sister challenge happening in the T Sons subforum if the narrative continues to revolve around a GK/T Sons conflict. 

As to the narrative itself, a continuity of this latest war for Armageddon would be sweet, and allow us participants to link together our own submissions and narratives. I for one have several ideas for my own characters, and the end result could be a joint narrative, combing everything all the participants have contributed over the course of the challenge. Once the dust has settled after Month #3, we could collectively vote for someone to write up a short story detailing the conflict, using the characters and events provided by each participant. Just spitballing, but I feel that would tie the whole thing together nicely. Don't let your creativity be stunted by this though, Skywrath, you've been doing great!! If the whole thing does take place and focus on a single conflict on Armageddon, we could perhaps include any allies (Imperial or Chaos) that come into play later in the timeline in a seperate "Allies" category? That way we keep it a primarily GK/Malleus event, but still allowing others to take part in the larger picture. Just my 2 cents, and again, thanks to our very own Codicier Skywrath and the moderation team for making this happen, its a huge motivator and really helps give a sense of hobby community in these weird, Covidesque times. 

Could do - that is something I will bring bring up with the moderation team - the expansion of this campaign to other factions. Me and you think pretty similarly in terms of future outcomes :) And thank you. 

I'm of the mind of having the current challenge in this thread to Ordo Malleus / GKs / Exorcists. Of course, if other sub-forums want to begin their own challenge in the same format and run it simultaneously with ours, that would be great. I'd be more than happy with checking out their completed entries and bg lore, and then also participate in their voting as they could with our collection of entries.

But I'm fine either way. Its all good.

Thanks for the input! That being said though..

=][= 

Further submissions for the month of November will not be accepted, as we push into the December month. That being said, due to logistical issues with the polling, I'll kindly request participants of this challenge who have completed their vow/a model (as well as the narrative) to send me a PM with their votes for this month. The three awards are available for this month are Original, Imaginative and Favourite, criteria of which can be found earlier in this thread, or on page one. The vote results will be on the 29th of November. With regards to the challenge, if you intend to continue with this event, I'll take vows after the narrative has been provided for the month of December (provided later today).

We are the Hammer!

=][=

Should we CC in a Moderati for accountability, Grotsmasha for example?

And only participants can vote? What about others just reading this thread?

Edited by Reskin

Should we CC in a Moderati for accountability, Grotsmasha for example?

And only participants can vote? What about others just reading this thread?

The second option would require too much logistical nuance. Let's assume there were 100 viewers and all of them wanted to vote for say, Waking Dreamer to be the Favourite award. For starters, I wouldn't have enough PM space or the time to sort through all of those out and manually do that, then announce the winner. So yes, only the participants are eligible to vote. That being said, as you pointed out earlier, the GK forum isn't exactly the shining star of forum activity, despite my best efforts. Aside from those 10 people + a few others participating in it, I don't expect many to have an interest in this activity, let alone know about it. With that being said, if this challenge does progress to the Amicus forum, and there are more participants, then that can be revised. 

Edited by Skywrath

I hear what you're saying, In regards to opening the vote to any readers. As you said, this may not be the most popular subforum, but that's a win, leaving it open to the public is encouraging people to participate, and show's we're inclusive. I doubt you'll have a full inbox. But it's your personal choice.

=][=

Results for the November Silver Fire of Dawn Challenge. Sorry for the delay, but I had to make sure I double and triple checked the results to make sure I didn't lose anything in translation. That being said, here's the summary.

On the month of November, ten frater attempted to complete the challenge, with eight completing their vows. There were many original conversions and imaginative storytelling but ultimately we can only have the one winner (at least in each categories). That being said, the part we are waiting for - results.

The imaginative category had some great admissions, but ultimately there is only the one winner. The winner for the Imaginative category for the month of November is: 

Freakshow668 with his Grand Master! 

Award: 

i3iB7hT.png

Admission:

=][=

Of course, the Grey Knights are as much warriors as much as artisans (at least in the way of war), so that brings is to the next award: Original. In this category we had a tie-breaker, with me deciding upon the final vote (as agreed, in the event of a tiebreaker, I break the tie). So with this month's award, bring your hands (or gauntlets) together for the winner of the Original category: 

Librisrogue with his Paladin Ancient conversion!

Award:

Vbg8STF.png

Admission:

=][=

That being said, the final award, the favourite. Another tie-breaker result, with myself needing to break the tie. That being said, the Favourite for this month's award is:

The Woodsman with his Venerable Dreadnought! 

Award:

SabhI1d.png

Admission:

=][=

Well done everyone who participated, and I hope to see you for this month. There were some very creative admissions, and there were quite the few paint-jobs/narratives that made it difficult for me to break the tie-breakers. The narrative is being written immediately after this message, and I'm accepting vows for this month. To participate in this month vow, re-state the original vow (found on first page) with this months' admission. Just remember, this month there will have to be two admissions to be eligible for the awards. This month the following awards are up for grabs: Favourite, Original, Imaginative, and Improved (either from the paintjob/narrative perspective from last month admission). Also, a simple friendly reminder that you cannot vote for yourself.

That being said, there is a few more moderation things I need to do from this message, so let's get this show on the road! 

Edited by Skywrath

++ Silver Fire of Dawn Challenge Participants Roster for December 2020. This segment will run until December 31st, 2020 (on the account of the Christmas month and other commitments), with the awards poll going up on the 23rd of December, 2020. ++

=][=

=][= 1st Brotherhood of the Grey Knights (the Swordbearers) =][=

Justicar Woodsman - Chaplain, Librarian

Prognosticar Freakshow - Stormraven, 5m Paladin Squad

=][= 2nd Brotherhood of the Grey Knights (the Blades of Victory) =][=

-

=][= 3rd Brotherhood of the Grey Knights (the Wardmakers) =][=

Codicier Skywrath - Paladin Ancient, Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight

Grand Master Reskin - Stormhawk Interceptor, Rhino/Razorback, Land Raider Crusader

=][= 4th Brotherhood of the Grey Knights (the Prescient Brotherhood) =][=

-

=][= 5th Brotherhood of the Grey Knights (the Preservers) =][=

-

=][= 6th Brotherhood of the Grey Knights (the Rapiers) =][=

Forgelord TPS - Land Raider Crusader

Knight of the Flame Waking Dreamer - Grand Master, Chaplain

=][= 7th Brotherhood of the Grey Knights (the Exactors) =][=

Inquisitor Librisrogue - 5m Strike Squad, Librarian

Brother-Captain Icosiel - 5m Interceptor Squad, 5m Interceptor Squad

=][= 8th Brotherhood of the Grey Knights (the Silver Blades) =][=

-

=][=

=][= Exorcists Chapter =][=

-

=][= The Ordo Malleus Inquisition =][=

-

=][=

"I am the hammer,

I am the right hand of the Emperor,

the instrument of His will,

the gauntlet about His fist,

the tip of His spear,

the edge of His sword!"

=][=

Edited by Skywrath

Congrats to all you lucky ducks! It was so hard for me to vote, I wanted to give more then 3 votes! Grey Knights are few in number if nothing else, we at least present well on the battlefield, or the painting table.. either way!

I shall pledge a Stormhawk Interceptor and a Rhino/Razorback to the 3rd brother for this month!

First off, I'd like to thank you for your votes, it means a lot! Congratulations to the other winners, and can I'd like to say well done to everyone, I think it was pretty close in every category and I for one really enjoyed seeing everyone's work, be it in the painting, conversion or narrative elements.

On another note, I, Justicar Woodsman, answer the call of the Silver Fire of Dawn and vow to reinforce the 1st Brotherhood of the Grey Knights Chapter with the addition of High Reclusiarch (Chaplain) Anatone Gerior and Epistolary Temeter Vayle, for the second month of the challenge. Heroes of the Chapter inbound!

Edited by The Woodsman

Guys, I'm seriously overwhelmed that you voted for my fluff, so thank you . I shall wear my badge with pride.

Now, on to business.

I, Prognosticar Freakshow , answer the call of the Silver Fire of Dawn, and pledge to reinforce the First brotherhood of the Grey Knights chapter with a Storm Raven Gunship and a squad of Paladins by the months' end.

I, Inquisitor Librisrouge of the Ordo Malleus, answer the call of the Silver Fire of Dawn, and pledge to reinforce the noble 7th Brotherhood of the Grey Knights chapter with a 5 man strike squad and a librarian by the months' end.

To those who voted for my entry, I have two things to say. First, thank you very much. It is inspirational to see somebody somewhere doesn't think I suck. Secondly, get your eyes checked. You've got a medical issue and I worry if you go out driving anytime soon. Be safe, see a doctor.

Edited by librisrouge