Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Whisperings that DR is being changed in the next codex.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Putrid Choir

Putrid Choir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 601 posts

Fixed my post, no need to be rude.

One bonus from this potential change is rolling less dice, and less reliability on luck.

You're the one being rude trying to argue with everyone in here, and spending alot of time talking about how it's better against 2D, which no one is arguing against. But for those of us that play DG, my weakest unit on the table are my plague marines (I generally don't use pox walkers), and that's where my opponent dumps his weaker shots and 1D shots. Again, no thanks.

And some of us like rolling dice, letting Lady luck do her thing and having a good time. If I didn't like rolling dice I wouldn't be playing Warhammer, I would be playing Xbox.
  • Marshal Loss likes this

Marshal Valkenhayn

Marshal Valkenhayn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 408 posts
  • Faction: Daemons Of Khorne

I can't say whether or not these rumors are true, and I don't really have any interest in trying to debunk them. All I can comment on are the mechanical benefits of the proposed changes.

Neither of the alternatives are as strong as a 5+ FNP. They would insure that Plague Marines don't need to be too expensive per model once they go up to 2 wounds a piece, as they're going to be a tough nut to crack with current strat support. But other than that? NO idea.

• Marshal Loss and Putrid Choir like this

Putrid Choir

Putrid Choir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 601 posts

I can't say whether or not these rumors are true, and I don't really have any interest in trying to debunk them. All I can comment on are the mechanical benefits of the proposed changes.

Neither of the alternatives are as strong as a 5+ FNP. They would insure that Plague Marines don't need to be too expensive per model once they go up to 2 wounds a piece, as they're going to be a tough nut to crack with current strat support. But other than that? NO idea.

Agreed. But as marshal loss said, that changes mechanics across multiple factions and then becomes pointless on 1W units. I doubt it's true, it holds about as much water as them getting -1 to getting wounded, which is just silly.
  • Marshal Loss and Marshal Valkenhayn like this

Plague _Lord

Plague _Lord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 194 posts
  • Faction: CSM
Don't we all still call it Feel No Pain? :) I'm pretty sure moste people in Poland use FnP. I've never actually heard DR :P

Maybe it will come paired with ignore ap-1... That would give some protection vs small arms fire, example - bour infantry would ignore the ap - 1 from bolt rifles, making them more survivable against d1 weapons (better armour save). On the other hand they would be more survivable against 2dmg weapons.

This wouldn't help poxwalkers though and would still leave many strats and tge plague surgeon useless...
  • Marshal Loss and Trollbeard like this

Armies:

40k: Deathguard, Steel Legion, Word Bearers, Space wolves, Necrons

WFB: Night goblins, Empire, Dark Elves

Dark Legionnare

Dark Legionnare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 330 posts

Don't we all still call it Feel No Pain? :) I'm pretty sure moste people in Poland use FnP. I've never actually heard DR :P
Maybe it will come paired with ignore ap-1... That would give some protection vs small arms fire, example - bour infantry would ignore the ap - 1 from bolt rifles, making them more survivable against d1 weapons (better armour save). On the other hand they would be more survivable against 2dmg weapons.
This wouldn't help poxwalkers though and would still leave many strats and tge plague surgeon useless...

I still to this day, make the joke of "How much pain are we going to feel?" when rolling DR. Followed by "He will feel exactly 'x' (failed dice) pain."

Picked it up in my 4th ed Blood Angels days, never been able to shake it since.

I don't think we'll get an AP ignore, since the rule/lore is way more about them getting hit, and suffering the effects of the damage, but their bodies don't give a damn. Gaping lascannon wound? Roll well enough, and honey badger don't care.

I think the 5+ will remain, which on 2W bodies will still be very powerful, while still being dope on nurgle deamon engines and anything using the corrupted monstrosity strat. Especially with the poxmongers 4++ action my contaminated defiler and 2x PBC have been loving lately.

Edited by Dark Legionnare, 17 October 2020 - 10:17 AM.

• Marshal Loss likes this

We shall do no dishonor to the Blood Father, the Imperium, or the Emperor. We fight, for they are all that is worth fighting for in the darkness of this eternity of war.
~Chaplain Augustus of The Angels Cruentus
9th Ed. "The Inexorable Demise" (DG) - Record: W|1 D|0 L|0
9th Ed. "Star Phantoms" (SM, Primaris Units Only) - Record: W|0 D|0 L|0
9th Ed. "The Dark Legion" (DKoK) - Record: W|0 D|0 L|0
9th Ed. "Adeptus Custodes" - Record: W|0 D|0 L|0
9th Ed. "Orkz" (Warboss Gutslasha's Mob) - Record: W|0 D|0 L|0
9th Ed. "Vlka Fenryka" (SM) - Record: W|0 D|0 L|0
9th Ed. "Crimson Fists" (SM, First-born Units Only) - Record: W|0 D|0 L|0

9th Ed. "Tau" (Bork'an) - Record: W|0 D|0 L|0 (WIP. Force mustering)

Raktra

Raktra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,963 posts
  • Faction: Berserkers of Uran

-1 to wound would be far, far too powerful and frankly stupid.

Haha yeah they’d never have an entire selection of units with a mechanic that screws the wound ro- oh hey funny bone-coloured terminators in robes, how’s that hunt for the Fallen?
  • Putrid Choir likes this

Putrid Choir

Putrid Choir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 601 posts

-1 to wound would be far, far too powerful and frankly stupid.

Haha yeah they’d never have an entire selection of units with a mechanic that screws the wound ro- oh hey funny bone-coloured terminators in robes, how’s that hunt for the Fallen?

He's against that too because it wasn't for his ultramarines. He even went as far to tell DA players that rejoiced at the change he was going to write their names down hahaha.
  • Raktra and Jings like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users