Whisperings that DR is being changed in the next codex.

Ishagu

Fixed my post, no need to be rude.

One bonus from this potential change is rolling less dice, and less reliability on luck.

You're the one being rude trying to argue with everyone in here, and spending alot of time talking about how it's better against 2D, which no one is arguing against. But for those of us that play DG, my weakest unit on the table are my plague marines (I generally don't use pox walkers), and that's where my opponent dumps his weaker shots and 1D shots. Again, no thanks.

And some of us like rolling dice, letting Lady luck do her thing and having a good time. If I didn't like rolling dice I wouldn't be playing Warhammer, I would be playing Xbox.

I can't say whether or not these rumors are true, and I don't really have any interest in trying to debunk them. All I can comment on are the mechanical benefits of the proposed changes.

Neither of the alternatives are as strong as a 5+ FNP. They would insure that Plague Marines don't need to be too expensive per model once they go up to 2 wounds a piece, as they're going to be a tough nut to crack with current strat support. But other than that? NO idea.

I can't say whether or not these rumors are true, and I don't really have any interest in trying to debunk them. All I can comment on are the mechanical benefits of the proposed changes.

Neither of the alternatives are as strong as a 5+ FNP. They would insure that Plague Marines don't need to be too expensive per model once they go up to 2 wounds a piece, as they're going to be a tough nut to crack with current strat support. But other than that? NO idea.

Agreed. But as marshal loss said, that changes mechanics across multiple factions and then becomes pointless on 1W units. I doubt it's true, it holds about as much water as them getting -1 to getting wounded, which is just silly.

Don't we all still call it Feel No Pain? :) I'm pretty sure moste people in Poland use FnP. I've never actually heard DR :p

Maybe it will come paired with ignore ap-1... That would give some protection vs small arms fire, example - bour infantry would ignore the ap - 1 from bolt rifles, making them more survivable against d1 weapons (better armour save). On the other hand they would be more survivable against 2dmg weapons.

This wouldn't help poxwalkers though and would still leave many strats and tge plague surgeon useless...

Don't we all still call it Feel No Pain? :) I'm pretty sure moste people in Poland use FnP. I've never actually heard DR :p

Maybe it will come paired with ignore ap-1... That would give some protection vs small arms fire, example - bour infantry would ignore the ap - 1 from bolt rifles, making them more survivable against d1 weapons (better armour save). On the other hand they would be more survivable against 2dmg weapons.

This wouldn't help poxwalkers though and would still leave many strats and tge plague surgeon useless...

I still to this day, make the joke of "How much pain are we going to feel?" when rolling DR. Followed by "He will feel exactly 'x' (failed dice) pain."

Picked it up in my 4th ed Blood Angels days, never been able to shake it since.

I don't think we'll get an AP ignore, since the rule/lore is way more about them getting hit, and suffering the effects of the damage, but their bodies don't give a damn. Gaping lascannon wound? Roll well enough, and honey badger don't care.

I think the 5+ will remain, which on 2W bodies will still be very powerful, while still being dope on nurgle deamon engines and anything using the corrupted monstrosity strat. Especially with the poxmongers 4++ action my contaminated defiler and 2x PBC have been loving lately.

Edited by Dark Legionnare

-1 to wound would be far, far too powerful and frankly stupid.

Haha yeah they’d never have an entire selection of units with a mechanic that screws the wound ro- oh hey funny bone-coloured terminators in robes, how’s that hunt for the Fallen?

He's against that too because it wasn't for his ultramarines. He even went as far to tell DA players that rejoiced at the change he was going to write their names down hahaha.

• 1 month later...
Well DG got bent over with the disgusting resilient change. Pox walkers are now completely worthless unless they come out with some sort of their own ability. Now what the heck is the plague surgeon going to be doing?. I was scheming and getting hyped for DG....not anymore. Back to the dusty bottom shelf with them

Well DG got bent over with the disgusting resilient change. Pox walkers are now completely worthless unless they come out with some sort of their own ability. Now what the heck is the plague surgeon going to be doing?. I was scheming and getting hyped for DG....not anymore. Back to the dusty bottom shelf with them

So you're ignoring everything else that has substantially improved them? Ok

I felt initially gloomy and a bit salty but after digesting it a bit it's simply different. A bit more "boring" in the sense of no dice rolls and I feel that the fluff description of the trait does not go well with the trait itself. Still so far the other reveals for me personally have been positive and also we haven't seen even half of the codex yet, relics, stratagems, warlord traits and changes in datasheets outside Mortarion and Plague Marines. I am curious what changes poxwalkers will have.

Well, well, well

I was 100% correct

I guess that everyone in this topic who attacked me for no reason should apologise lol

Correct on one thing out of how many? Check that before you start stroking your ego.

Edited by Xenith

Well, well, well

I was 100% correct

I guess that everyone in this topic who attacked me for no reason should apologise lol

A Dorn ing yourself in glory hmm?

The rule serves the top end units better, characters/vehicles/terminators

Not the best for plague marines, my usual trick for primaris in the form of predator autocannon shall deal with them in reasonable order

So you're ignoring everything else that has substantially improved them? Ok
the only benefit of this change is less time spent rolling dice....which was something I was specifically worried about with the wound stat increase and they did it. This change is good for plague marines vs 2 wound weapons and mostly sucks for everything else

Could the plague surgeon give a FNP aura? That might give it more use?

The disgustingly resilience FNP is better in many ways but it was still a roll so most of the time it wouldn't go off, at least with the -D, it will always work and the majority of the enemy fire will be D2/D3 that is being aimed their way.  So although its not as powerful as the FNP, you'll at least get more use out of this.  Not sure how it will play out though.

Well, well, well

I was 100% correct

How pathetic are you really ? I hope you are not older than 20...

This is thread number two where you want an apology for previous comments, most of which were not at all attacking you. Bloody High School drama.

Edited by Iron Sage

Could the plague surgeon give a FNP aura? That might give it more use?
Unless plague surgeons start reviving models hes over costed. Loyalist marines are still cheaper, faster, have better and cheaper buffing options.

So far the changes I'm seeing are starting to make me feel like you're going to NEED to take certain support characters to be on the same level as loyalists.

Honestly I'd rather them have the transhuman Physiology ability. Or add to the change that vs 1 wound weapons they get FNP or the trans human Phys style buff

Well, well, well

I was 100% correct

This is thread number two where you want an apology for previous comments, most of which were not at all attacking you. Bloody High School drama.

Calm yourself. Have a sense of humour

Well, well, well

I was 100% correct

Calm yourself. Have a sense of humour

Intentional or not you’re just trolling at this point.  Maybe save it for Dakka?

All the knee jerk negative reactions to the DR change are hilariously dumb and thoughtless.  The full picture isn't even clear yet and tons of people are screaming bloody murder.  How are these changes not nearly 100% positive?  You got double the durability on PMs vs small arms and 2 dmg weapons which are the vast majority of firepower in the game and you got this buff without having to roll tons of stupid dice.  Seems like the best thing ever.   

Props to Ishagu... nailed it.  Take another victory lap on this thread, you deserve it.