Speed painted Death Company Intercessors and Chaplain

Debauchery101

Good stuff. :)

thanks.

I gotta figure out a better way to take pictures though. I think I'll work on the chaplains eyes so more too.

All the bright metallic spots/chips are not that bright. Just for some reason photos show it that way. Thats iron warriors metal. Its pretty dark. I dont have a filter on the camera to correct it either. Oh well

Edited by Debauchery101

I gotta figure out a better way to take pictures though. I think I'll work on the chaplains eyes so more too.

Grab the free Photoshop App on your phone, it has a fancy auto colour correction ( it works using the white/black background as a starting point) that will make a world of difference to phone pics :tu:

You got that nice result aftet only 2 hours of painting!?!

That would probably take me at least 2h per model to get!

Probably 10h for the chaplain. =/

What is your secret, pls tell! =D

first of thanks.

I always try to paint in batches of 3-6 models. I use washes, oils and contrasts. It saves tons of time

I started black prime, light gloss varnish then basecoat with duraluminium. I nuln oil parts that will be red or silver.

Nazdreg yellow on gold parts, flesh tearers red on red stuff, place decals, do chipping effects,base coat ribbons and leather.

Do burnt umber oil wash. Finish with weathering powder and varnish. Its hard to tell in the pics but the black does appear to be metallic paint.

How are these in game? At the moment regular DC seem t come out on top with the options

I would say they are drastically different. Slower but with their cost they can slap down anything. They have access to gene wrought might, trans human and having a chaplain around to at will throw an extra buff with commanding oratory is great. 6 attacks each with chain swords. Its not bad. Theyre a lot cheaper in points as well. I don't play much blood angels anymore. I really just wanted to make these dudes

If dont have many troops choices i would argue to just run assault Intercessors instead. You lose some base lethality and the fnp but they can do mission stuff and have access to honour of the chapter if you really need to punch something hard or cut your way out of engagement during your opponents turn so you can line up a charge

first of thanks.

I always try to paint in batches of 3-6 models. I use washes, oils and contrasts. It saves tons of time

I started black prime, light gloss varnish then basecoat with duraluminium. I nuln oil parts that will be red or silver.

Nazdreg yellow on gold parts, flesh tearers red on red stuff, place decals, do chipping effects,base coat ribbons and leather.

Do burnt umber oil wash. Finish with weathering powder and varnish. Its hard to tell in the pics but the black does appear to be metallic paint.

Thanks for sharing.

A few questions if I may. =)

Duraluminium is that Vallejos metal airbrush color or is there some other kind that don't require an airbrush?

Had to watched some tutorials on oil washes (never used it before). Since the wash contains thinner they varnish the model before they apply the oil wash. Is there a reason why you seal it after the basecoat and not before the wash?

Will the oil wash destroy the decals if it gets on them?

Lovley work and will try and apply this to my Deathwatch army since i paint my death company white (Angels Encarmine). =)

Yes its the one you're thinking of

No you dont need to use an airbrush but its better than brush, which can be tricky

I seal the duraluminium because it dries thin and can rub off easy while applying glazes/contrasts.

After I get all the decals, base colors and some chipping done i seal it lightly again before the oil wash. Then I finished it with some pigment powder and spot highlights. And vanish again

Check out Marco Frisoni and Next level painting they have good tutorials

He's some of my DW

VDfpERQ.jpg

l9OW5mh.jpg

8wBu4YJ.jpg

VPfWxre.jpg

Edited by Debauchery101

I think I've already complimented (might be on FB though) the way you used various great bits on those. I will definitely be stealing the idea of the BG-Ancient banner as a kind of throne, but also other Indomitus bits.

Fantastic kit-bashes!

thanks man! Was it the squidmar group? Or the kitbash one ? that for some reason in blocked from