If I wrote the next Space Marine FAQ for a day...

L30n1d4s

I'm saying that you have a lot of posts filled with extreme hyperbole to try and make your points. Tone it done because it's misleading at best and nonsense at worst.

Everyone on the forum is guilty of this, you included.

I find it funny that you should single-out one of my comments in a topic that is a better example of what you're complaining about than anything I've said.

Edited by Ishagu

Wanting a book to be nerfed across the board before giving the 9th edition meta a chance to develop with factions getting their own updates is a knee jerk reaction in itself.

I don't like some things either, and I don't feel that transhuman should be granted for free to multiple units in the DA army, when we know from experience across multiple editions that it's one of the most powerful strats when used on a single unit, never mind multiple. I think damage mitigation like this is too powerful, but maybe I'm wrong. Let's wait and see.

While I don't think Transhuman is as powerful as some lets on, since it normally only triggers on "3's" to give it to a army that may end up using terminators as troops would seem to be a bit OP.

Like the Space Marine Codex its way to early to have an informed opinion on this until the Dark Angel Supplement's rules, strats, and points are released and tested by the competitive community

I'm saying that you have a lot of posts filled with extreme hyperbole to try and make your points. Tone it done because it's misleading at best and nonsense at worst.

Everyone on the forum is guilty of this, you included.

I find it funny that you should single-out one of my comments in a topic that is a better example of what you're complaining about than anything I've said.

I think we may be getting a little too worked over things, gentlemen. Let's keep it civil (and on topic :wink:  ). 

I can’t believe that they did not require the chapter master if it is taken to be the warlord. When they added a similar rule to Necron Nobles. I know it wouldn’t actually change anything cause we can just buy extra warlord traits, but I would prefer That the chapter master was giving the orders rather than taking them from an apothecary or a chaplain.

I wish centurions had regular Bolter discipline, not even special terminator one. Not being core was enough of a nerf.

I also wish servitors were an upgrade for techmarines, not a separate unit. At the very least don’t let them hold objectives or do actions.

Plasma inceptors should have their two guns combined into one with 2d3 shots, solves the blast problem.

I like the suggestion of eradicators only getting to double fire if they did not advance or arrive as reinforcements.

It seems like GW was trying to keep the power level similar with this book to 8th edition Codexes, which is good considering it willl be years before some factions get a 9th edition codex.

(1) I can’t believe that they did not require the chapter master if it is taken to be the warlord. When they added a similar rule to Necron Nobles. I know it wouldn’t actually change anything cause we can just buy extra warlord traits, but I would prefer That the chapter master was giving the orders rather than taking them from an apothecary or a chaplain.

(2) I wish centurions had regular Bolter discipline, not even special terminator one. Not being core was enough of a nerf.

(3) I also wish servitors were an upgrade for techmarines, not a separate unit. At the very least don’t let them hold objectives or do actions.

(4) Plasma inceptors should have their two guns combined into one with 2d3 shots, solves the blast problem.

(5) I like the suggestion of eradicators only getting to double fire if they did not advance or arrive as reinforcements.

(1) Yeah, it's an odd choice. A Chapter Master would definitely be in charge..that's kinda the point! Similarly, Master of Sanctity and Chief Librarian could potentially be added, as they are extremely important positions in Chapter Command (though likely a Captain would still 'outrank' them)

(2) Agreed. I thought they still had "If stationary" but they don't - they should definitely have basic Bolter Discipline.

(3) They kind of are, same way that the Company Command has been handled: if you have a (HQ) Techmarine then they don't take up an Elites slot. I do agree that they shouldn't be able to do actions, unless there's a Techmarine nearby (basically should be part of their Mindlock rule)

(4) Disagree with this. For one thing, it stops split fire; for a second, having two D3 guns with Blast is better than one 2D3 gun with Blast - vs a unit of 6, a Plasma Inceptor gets a guaranteed 6 shots, vs the proposed 3-6 shots. Unless that's your point that I misunderstood! But personally, I think it makes a lot more sense to have two guns with D3 shots each.

(5) Agreed, though personally I think it should have Remain Stationary as a requirement: that shuts down Advancing and Reinforcements neatly while also curtailing their power. They're extremely cost effective, and making their impact less of a no-brainer would go a long way. They'd still be powerful, but less mindlessly so.

Of note, Relic Terminators do have 6" movement rather than 5", so they do have one tiny smidge of a difference other than weapons.

Not as far as I can tell. I'm looking at my copy of the 9e Codex right now and it says their movement speed is 5 inches.

Which makes sense given that Relic Terminators are basically the Speed 4 Cataphracti and the Speed 6 Tartaros, combined.

Edited by Iron Lord

I’m fine with the Chapter Master not having to be the Warlord, if we look at Necrons for comparison it’s all about their egos and royal line blah blah making certain characters stand above others regardless, but Marines usually put that aside and are happy to defer command to someone they feel is better.

Now, Magnus and Morty on the other hand...

You can make a narrative for the Chapter Master not being the Warlord quite easily, i.e. Librarian(warlord) and his forces are fighting against threat-to-imperium-X and have been doing so for some time, while the Chapter Master has recently swooped in with reinforcements and as such there hasn't been time mid-battle for the Chapter Master to properly assume command of all the forces and simply follows the laid out battleplan.

Perhaps after the battle, the Chapter Master will (re)assume command of the forces, but that's irrelevant from a gaming perspective. 

I have no problem with chapter master not being the warlord. In a 40k game, if the CM is part of the battle, al always think it's because the game is only a part of a bigger engagement. The battle can be the key point in the bigger strategy, but the force fighting are all from a force use to fight together and the warlord represent the autority in this group.

The CM can be present in body, but i see him giving plenty of order to other commander in other battlefield base on the outcome of each turn. Maybe there is 3 company deploy at the same time, the 2k battle is just a fraction of the battle going on and the CM is the link between each small battle but he don't have the role of giving order to each unit involve. He give order to each warlords leading each front.