Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Alternative Ctan

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Valkyrion

Valkyrion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,527 posts

Official Ctan options are £95 for a Transcendent, £68 for a Void Dragon or two pretty naff resin models so I've been looking at the WFB undead range and quite like this guy;

01.jpg

I don't know how big he is though, but for use as a transcendent what do you think?

• mithrilforge, N1SB, Karhedron and 2 others like this

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,723 posts

The Lady Olynder model looks pretty decent as well with the right "floaty" feel. Maybe replace the little ghosts with scarabs or something.

99120207064_LadyOlynder01.jpg

James Grover over at Goonhammer has made good use of the Morghast Archai as well.

kgQlKhy-1440x1080.jpg

• N1SB and Miek like this
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Miek

Miek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 73 posts
  • Faction: Necrons

Official Ctan options are £95 for a Transcendent, £68 for a Void Dragon or two pretty naff resin models so I've been looking at the WFB undead range and quite like this guy;
01.jpg

I don't know how big he is though, but for use as a transcendent what do you think?

This one with a robotic head could be nice, perhaps you could get your hands on one of the void dragon's spare heads? But I feel like there's something wrong with his ribs, it's bothering me. It's not like it's supposed to represent a human (as a shard), but still..

Edited by Miek, 17 October 2020 - 11:01 AM.

Irate Khornate

Irate Khornate

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 148 posts
I used Lady Olynder for mine, just assembled her without the banshees, vine, and crown. Used a few of the tiny decorative scarabs to cover up the gaps and a couple more for consistency.
  • Valkyrion, Karhedron and Nemesor Tyriks like this

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,723 posts

I used Lady Olynder for mine, just assembled her without the banshees, vine, and crown. Used a few of the tiny decorative scarabs to cover up the gaps and a couple more for consistency.

I would like to see that. smile.png
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Valkyrion

Valkyrion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,527 posts

I would like to see that. smile.png

I second this motion.

QuarterPounder

QuarterPounder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 118 posts
  • Faction: Desert Ravens, Space Wolves
I'm curious how big the guy in the OP is relative to the Void Dragon and Nightbringer, respectively? He is very cool... I could see conversion potential swapping or reworking his left hand to hold a scythe.
Homebrew Chapter: The Desert Ravens

Not to be confused with the Dessert Ravens, a traitor chapter dedicated solely to pursuing all things covered in an excess of sugar.

Irate Khornate

Irate Khornate

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 148 posts
Ill post a picture when I finish painting the model. Wound up discovering how they did the body for the Void dragon by sheer accident to while painting the silent kings cape. Leadbelcher base, used aethermatic blue as a wash, then a drybrush of runefang steel/stormhost silver.
  • Mr4Minutes likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users